It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama goes after prison rape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So yeah now the Commander in Chief is speaking out against prison rape which to be honest made me chuckle briefly but in all seriousness this is an issue. I admit I have never been a victim of such brutality myself but its always been a fear. The sad part is my only criminal activity is limited to a plant. See the concern I don't want to be violently brutalized because smoking a plant makes me happy. Crime does not fit the punishment good on you Mr President good on you.

This is a serious problem

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

IMO This is the best thing Obama has done since taking office, commuting those sentences and the whole criminal justice reform.

It is something that is way overdue..

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

He (Obama) should know.

He's been doing to the American people for 7 years.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

He (Obama) should know.

LOl.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

He (Obama) should know.

Oh Beezzer you silly wabbit lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I agree this is really inspiring with the whole justice system reform stuff. I have been talking about this stuff for a while with my close people. The penal system is atrocious at best, definitely everything about it is cruel and unusual. I mean I get it for the SERIOUS offenders who need to be separated and kept away from anybody. The ones that should probably should be taken out behind the wood shed.

Do not subjugate non violent offenders to those kinds of animals, its just not right.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's probably self-serving like everything else with Obama. He might have a fear that when we find out what he's been up to he might end up in one of those prisons .

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

History is going to be a lot more kind to Obama than everyone thinks.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing, you beat me to it. However, I bet he never sees a day behind bars. History is written by the winners, my children's children will learn about how wonderful and charismatic Obama was. Nothing negative will ever be printed about him.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

History is not dependent on the facts, just reliant on who's doing the writing.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69

I was thinking the same thing, you beat me to it. However, I bet he never sees a day behind bars. History is written by the winners, my children's children will learn about how wonderful and charismatic Obama was. Nothing negative will ever be printed about him.

Great minds think alike !!!

Yeah I highly doubt he will spend any time in prison. I think you also would've posted that in jest.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You do realize that is the same opinion George Bush and about himself ?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

IMO This is the best thing Obama has done since taking office, commuting those sentences and the whole criminal justice reform.

It is something that is way overdue..

What-you mean those 46 non violent drug offenders he has released?
Its a start I suppose-but how many 10's of thousands of non violent prisoners remain in prisons?

Kind of smells like a token gesture for the media IMO.
Hopefully I am wrong,and he will release many more people who should never have been locked up in the first place-but I won't hold my breath..

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yea, I think Conservatives are going to be in for a surprise when Obama becomes honored as one of our better Presidents. Just a statement of reality at this point.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

You do realize that is the same opinion George Bush and about himself ?

I'm PRETTY sure that MystikMushroom isn't Obama so this wouldn't be the same thing as the President speaking about his own legacy but someone else doing it. But hey, what do I know?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
It's probably self-serving like everything else with Obama. He might have a fear that when we find out what he's been up to he might end up in one of those prisons .

If bush can can escape with blatent war profiteering and nixon and Regan with treason im pretty sure obama is safe,

Powerfull people dont encounter justice.
edit on 15-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But hey, what do I know?

No problem dude. I've grown quite accustomed to you missing any attempt at humor in replies and taking everything literally .

By the way I've only heard those statements about George Bush contributed by his supporters .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

THAT was humor? Looked pretty contrarian to me. But ok, after all, you just insinuated that I'm dense too, so there we go.

Though you are right, only supporters tend to make those statements, so I guess we'll see after his Presidency is over. I certainly don't think he is the greatest President ever, but he certainly moved our country forward socially and did MUCH more for our country than Bush ever did. Like I said, y'all are in for a surprise when the history books write about Obama rather favorably. ESPECIALLY if the politicians can get around to fixing the ACA.

Question, how does history look back on the President (*cough*FDR*cough*) residing over the creation of Social welfare programs in the 30's? Yea, that's what I thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My bad I apologize is this lecture over?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, I think Conservatives are going to be in for a surprise when Obama becomes honored as one of our better Presidents. Just a statement of reality at this point.

I think many of them expect it to happen. After all, he's a media darling.
edit on 7/15/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: Added quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join