It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama goes after prison rape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

He (Obama) should know.

He's been doing to the American people for 7 years.

I wonder how big that gaping hole is after 7 years.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Obama is just about worthless.

I think it is great and all that he is looking at the problem of the war on drugs. It's too little, too late.

Prison rape, really? How about citizen rape through endless laws designed to enrich the system. Prison rape is very, very unusual. The people partaking are usually consensual, for smokes, drugs, or whatever they want.

If someone usues drugs, that is their choice. If someone commits a crime while on, or to support their habits, nail them to the wall.

This whole entire way of thinking needs to be removed from society.

This joke of a criminal system creates criminals, so there is guarantee cashflow into the system.

This system makes real, sustainable employment impossible. The creation of a permanent record that lasts online, even after you die is complete and utter BS.

Do the "crime," pay fines, etc., then get punished for the rest of your life.

This is the one thing that makes me have an actual hate for the system.

The fines and jail times are nothing compared to the long term effects put into place by the record system.

This to me, is the definition of cruel and unusual punishment, and the right to live happy.

It is a system set up as cyclical trap to ensure profits to the court, ignoring the effects it will have on society.

Creating criminals daily, that will have no way to legally support themselves or their families.

Obama is probably the one guy that could change this money scam with negative effects on society, but he is talking about releasing a few, then giving another limp wristed speech about change.

Statistically, they will re-offend within months because they are indirectly barred from employment.
edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: sp,edit

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: sp

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: I never learned to spell

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
According to a 2008 study more men were raped in the U.S. than women because of the penal system. Bottom line no matter how bad any of us may dislike Obama this is a good thing at the very least having conversations about this issue. It has been a long time coming. NO ONE I know that has been incarcerated deserved the amount of time they received for the crime they committed let alone be subjected to conditions and food that isn't fit for animals. I'M talking about good people who slipped up here or there and got swept into the system and had their lives shattered for it.

Study on prison rape

Oops sorry I meant to do that but here it is
edit on CDTWed, 15 Jul 2015 13:31:25 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago15-05:00Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:31:25 -050031 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTWed, 15 Jul 2015 13:32:58 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago15-05:00Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:32:58 -050032 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Do you think you could link us to that study instead of just talking about it?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Prison rapes do happen, but I strongly question Daily Mail as a reputable source for accurate numbers.

Happening at a rate higher than women in society, no way.imo

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It was just a quick reference but the numbers come from the justice department. Wait that is the real conspiracy, the prisons want you to think you will get raped but probably won't so then you don't want to go to jail. That doesn't fit either because they DO want you to go to prison so they can make the money in a sense raping you right from the start.

t reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

President Obama goes after prison rape

Should have used the original headline....

Too many jokes in this one.

But, I am glad he actually found something he has the balls to fight for.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
He even touched on Cosby briefly, I'm surprised but he means business on this issue, this made me chuckle.

Obama comments on cosby

Talk about passive aggressive shaming, I hope Cosby realizes just what he has done to himself and more importantly others.
edit on CDTWed, 15 Jul 2015 14:40:53 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago15-05:00Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:40:53 -050040 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
And it took about 4 posts till "OBAMA IS THE SATAN AND BELONGS BEHIND STEELBARS". Nice derailing, people.
Thankfully, this trainwreck was repaired by TrappedPrincess, I think.

I really can't understand how a society (and this is not restricted to South Canada, ups, the USA) can choose to look away as soon as they have direct responsibility over the health and well-being of people - by incarcerating them.

Prisoners are completely dependant on their wardens and the care they are obliged to give out to the prisoners.

How can any, ANY criminal deed inside a prison become a non-thing, a thing which simply didn't happen?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

How can any, ANY criminal deed inside a prison become a non-thing, a thing which simply didn't happen?

Sadly this is the case though, so MANY injustices take place behind bars it is sickening but it is all as if they never happened, too many blind eyes. Criminals babysitting criminals unfortunately. Thats what it is the penal system needs a serious vision check up and new set of correctional lenses.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You can't decide that you're okay with breaking the law by growing illegal drugs just because it makes you "Happy".

If everyone did whatever they want regardless of laws, there would be anarchy.

If growing and smoking pot makes you happy, move to Washington, Colorado, Oregon, or Alaska.

Plenty of places where you can do this legally without fear of being raped in prison.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Another massive contradiction about the USA.

You call yourselves "The Land of The Free" but yet have the highest prison population (Both in terms of real numbers and per capita) than any other nation on the planet.

You call yourselves "the world's policeman" but have the most corrupt Government on the face of the planet. Corruption in election spending is running so rampant that the FEC can't do anything about it. You have "lobbyists" on Capitol Hill that bribe your politicians before they're even elected.

When businessmen and organizations try American style "lobbying" in other countries, they're thrown in jail for political corruption, along with the politician who took the bribe.

America is a land of such hypocracy that it's hard to have sympathy for anyone who chooses to live there.

You're having problems with prison rape? Yeah, that's likely when you have the highest incarceration rates of anyone on the planet, but don't put real criminals behind bars.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You can't decide that you're okay with breaking the law by growing illegal drugs just because it makes you "Happy".

If everyone did whatever they want regardless of laws, there would be anarchy.

If growing and smoking pot makes you happy, move to Washington, Colorado, Oregon, or Alaska.

Plenty of places where you can do this legally without fear of being raped in prison.

Go away with your asinine assumptions and twisted recreations of my own words. I never said I grew MJ and NO I'm not some political refugee that is going to flee my home to partake in an activity that is only illegal based of corrupt legislation and propaganda. Long story short MJ is not wrong no matter what you and the other folks still living in the 30's think. Yeah I deserve to be thrown in a cage and raped because I enjoy the euphoric and healing qualities of plant. Yeah Yeah thanks for stopping by.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Another massive contradiction about the USA.

You call yourselves "The Land of The Free" but yet have the highest prison population (Both in terms of real numbers and per capita) than any other nation on the planet.

You call yourselves "the world's policeman" but have the most corrupt Government on the face of the planet. Corruption in election spending is running so rampant that the FEC can't do anything about it. You have "lobbyists" on Capitol Hill that bribe your politicians before they're even elected.

When businessmen and organizations try American style "lobbying" in other countries, they're thrown in jail for political corruption, along with the politician who took the bribe.

America is a land of such hypocracy that it's hard to have sympathy for anyone who chooses to live there.

You're having problems with prison rape? Yeah, that's likely when you have the highest incarceration rates of anyone on the planet, but don't put real criminals behind bars.

Not sure if I could disagree with anything you stated.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While for far too long, something has needed to be done about this.

I feel he's not really into the cause, and only into pandering in creating more votes for his party.

Creating lifelong voters amongst criminals. First with opening the borders and only requiring law abiding citizens to produce documents to re-enter the country via our shared border with Mexico.

Ironically, it's usually the politicians who create the prison culture to begin with. The same group who creates issues, and then pits the populace one against the other, at their flag drop.

If he's really into this cause, bravo...but my gut says he's just pandering to bolster votes.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Flagg....Obama....you go...
bout time, huh!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I guess one could say the same of Canada...but then again I am an American who doesn't need, or care if someone from the Great White North has sympathy for me, and I imagine most Americans feel the same.

Well it seems many don't agree with you and will do just about anything to get here. Look at our southern border and that becomes evident.

So you just lump all of America to a few who thought bribery was a way to go, because just a little hint for you...that isn't the American way, sorry.

So you don't consider murderer's and rapists real criminals...or do you think something is worse than murder, and/or rape?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Are you kidding me? Wow. You can't be this dumb.

Obama seriously can't do anything right to you people lol it's pathetic

Prison violence is a huge problem, and rape is a big aspect.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Are you kidding me?

Yes

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

My apologies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>