It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Star Wars Princess Leia Action Figure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Crybaby. She has a chain around her neck! So do you dumbass (see video).. LOL

www.myfoxphilly.com...

It's a toy on store shelves all over the country, but some parents say the action figure intended for kids 4 and above-is way too inappropriate for kids of any age.

We caught up with Fred Hill and his daughters at the Target Store in Deptford shopping for their birthday gifts.

The single dad was shocked to see this on the toy aisle shelf. A Hasbro made Star Wars Black Series action figure of Princess Leia wearing what the box described as a slave outfit.

"That’s pretty inappropriate,” he said, "I got 2 daughters I don't need seeing that crap."

The toy features scantily clad version of Princess Leia complete with a chain around her neck. The toy even had dad blushing.

"They're like dad why does this doll have a chain around its neck. I don't have any answers. I was just blown away looking at it," Hill said.

Even his kids thought the toy meant for ages 4-and-up maybe better suited for adults.

Wonder if someone will sue.

Ridiculous.
edit on 14-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Damn I thought it would be a thread asking to ban any Jar Jar Binks action figures... I mean Return of the Jedi has only been a movie since 1983... It's not like we haven't seen Leia in that outfit before.
edit on 14-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It won't get banned until she's wearing a confederate flag.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just announced, Quentin Tarantino is directing Star Wars: Episode VIII Leia Unchained.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just announced, Quentin Tarantino is directing Star Wars: Episode VIII Leia Unchained.

LOL, good one!

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It won't get banned until she's wearing a confederate flag.

when was the confederate flag banned?....so now your argument is based on a lie?

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"They're like dad why does this doll have a chain around its neck. I don't have any answers. I was just blown away looking at it," Hill said.

Hey dad try telling them this for starters...

"Its a fictional character set in a fictional universe and doesn't represent anything real".

Maybe you should have ensured your own grasp on reality and gotten a little more education before you decided you were qualified to be a parent.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Or Kisses a girl, we can get Married now.. but we have to keep it behind closed doors because "No one wants to see that"

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, our society is getting more ridiculous by the day. It's a g**d***** toy. There's no nudity or it's not saying some phantom curse words like the phony complaints last week about the Minion dolls from McDonald's. If it offends you, don't buy it and just shut your piehole.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

He should just sit his kids down and have them watch Star Wars. I feel like it is almost child negligence not to show them those movies anyways!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Also, did they not notice Leia is a cracker?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Next they'll say Jaba was too obese.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He probably wouldn't have any answers for why there are spaceships in space during the opening sequence. He's just confuse the poor kids more.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This father needs un-sensitivy training.

The character is still a slave with or without the chains.

I bet all their pets have collars though.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I absolutely agree that this doll should be banned - it's hideous.

How on Earth did they make such a mess of it? Carrie Fisher looked beautiful in the films, I can't believe what they've done to her face.

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse than what was made to represent Arwen from Lord of the Rings...

(And an honourable mention for the awful Buffy dolls).

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I remember George Lucas being accused of racism because he created JarJar Binks?
People can find offense in just about anything if their mindset is that of a victim.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In every crowd there always that guy.

Since the internet they get publicity.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
just let Lucas know and he will edit the "slave" scene in episode 6 .

still wont be as bad as changing the Ewok song

yeah...

eta and hell he already edited the jabas palace song too... cutting out Leia is no biggie at this point

get you 2007 laserdisc to dvd special edition copy of episode4-6 for now or your kids and their kids will never see then the way we did
edit on pm720153103America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jul 2015 15:42:59 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
...and the express train to lunacyville just keeps on rollin'...

Next stop, something YOU care about...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

just let Lucas know and he will edit the "slave" scene in episode 6 .

still wont be as bad as changing the Ewok song

yeah...

What he should do is have both Han and Greedo shoot this asshat first.

edit on 14-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join