It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Star Wars Princess Leia Action Figure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow. This guy needs to watch Star Wars.
It is a fictional character. Was he offended by the bikini like clothing or the chain around her neck? Because women are allowed to wear bikinis. Barbie wears bikinis. His kids will likely wear them too. The chain? Meh.... It is a fictional character, who has allowed herself to be captured to help in a coordinated escape plan for the man she loves. She then turns those chains on her captor and uses it to kill him and release herself so she can help her friends. Maybe he could explain to his children how this was all a part of her plan and how smart and cunning this lovely heroine is and how she is actually a strong female roll model that should be looked up too.

I think the problem is, he saw that sexy ass doll with the chain around it's neck and he went all 50 shades of turned on in the toy dept at target.

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What is wrong with people these days? You would think the package said Leia "Kunta Kinte" Organa.

I swear I woke up in a parallel dimension.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

What is wrong with people these days? You would think the package said Leia "Kunta Kinte" Organa.

I swear I woke up in a parallel dimension.

Oh, Jesus. Now we need to change her name to Toby.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This makes my head hurt..

Love my country but there are days I hate my country men.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What a load of BOSKA!

Jabba says no-

Of course Leia should have a chain-she is a prisoner of the Hutt.
No chain,no prisoner.

And after all,what did she ultimatley do with that yoke of oppression?
She used it to slaughter her slave master.

To ban the chain would be to miss the entire point IMO.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: In4ormant

He should just sit his kids down and have them watch Star Wars. I feel like it is almost child negligence not to show them those movies anyways!

It would certainly be child cruelty to make them watch "The Phantom Menace".

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So now I wonder what was worse for him:

1.) Scantily clad woman.

2.) There mere implication of slavery.

3.) The implication that the slave was a white woman, not black.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
We live in a society that has been taken over by the P.C Brigade and anyone who feels offended by something has the right to be heard, and laughed at, at length.

Ridiculous for sure.

Surprised by it? Not a chance.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Next they'll say Jaba was too obese.

He was big boned and had a thyroid condition, you intolerant meanie head!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It won't get banned until she's wearing a confederate flag.

G,day mate.
i spilt my coffee and dropped the tablet
great one liner mate
cheers and beers to you
think i might go bunny hunting today

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
apart from the slave bit, i wouldn't spend a single dime on that doll, it's so badly crafted it is beyond belief. if anything, carrie francis fisher should sue the makers for depicting her that ugly in the first place.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The media ban wave is going berserk.

Peoples kids have been watching that since the 80's, now all of a sudden one idiot parent who cannot fathom taking the responsibility to explain the difference between fantasy and reality to their kids, wants to impose his irresponsibility onto society.

Guess what shocked dad dude, your kids are watching half naked girls grinding and twerking on their iphones you provide them on a daily basis, are getting exposed to homosexual lifestyles without your approval and they can even go get a govt paid for sex change before you know it has happened.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Isn't this a classic example of religious conservative or right wing political correctness? Ban Barbie, ban Teletubbies, ban Halloween, Bratz Dolls.

Here is a list of some other banned toys and why:

Lucifers toy chest

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That character has been shown on movie screens, TV screens, and computer screens since 1983. That very toy has been in stores for at least a year, and other versions have been in stores since the 90s. Why the butthurt NOW?

Because "they" (liberal freaks) are emboldened by their recent "successes" and fell like they can get rid of any and everything that makes them feel bad.

If it weren't so scary, it would be hilarious.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i thought the way it worked is if people do not like something they do not buy it. And if many people do not buy it, it goes away. (Profit is king).

I do not recall ever being forced to buy something I did not want or like nor have I been forced to stand and look at it.

Times they are a changing.
edit on 7/14/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/14/2015 by roadgravel because: typo twice

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
A million potential points to your focus, but you choose this.

I'd rather use my emotional energy towards something that matters.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What rock has this guy been under? This toy has been available, in various iterations, since 1983. So it took 32 years for someone to be offended by a toy...get back under your rock, sir; it's the best place for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
First why would a news channel broadcast this? What one guy things of a toy from a movie in 1983. How is this news? Do they just wander around stores and ask random people how the feel about whatever product they are looking at?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Isn't this a classic example of religious conservative or right wing political correctness? Ban Barbie, ban Teletubbies, ban Halloween, Bratz Dolls.

Here is a list of some other banned toys and why:

Lucifers toy chest

The difference is that no one will ban anything if I say, "I'm a Christian and this offends me." I get told we don't live in a Christian nation and stop trying to shove my religion down your throat, but, if some guy finds slave Leia offensive because his kids might be offended at the mere mention of slavery ... the entire world will mobilize to defend his tender sensibilities.

Basically, the world should tell him that slavery happened and Leia is a fictional character in a science fiction universe, get over it and stop trying to shove your inability to deal with history down everyone else's throats ... but they won't for some reason.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It won't get banned until she's wearing a confederate flag.

Or a hoop skirt. I'm surprised any character with a space weapon hasn't been banned either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join