It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is President Obama (unknowingly) fulfilling the "Peace and Security" Prophecy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

MAD may have been a crazy policy, but in reality it had many plus sides.

I don't see any plus side to this MADness. It's like 6 kids holding a match on one hand and a stick of dynamite on the other while standing on a playground full of gasoline. Each one saying to the other "I'm warning you - I'm gonna light this match! You gonna regret it".

So if anyone thinks there's a way out of this from human stand point is living in a kumbayaland!

edit on 16-7-2015 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Cold War was a child play because you know who the PLAYERS were. This time - you don't know who they are and where they are. They (the terrorist) have no boundary. They hide among the masses. With a hidden nuke at hand, the Cold War is child's play by comparison.

+1. the soviets were evil but they didn't want to lose their dachas and their vodka dinners. ultimately they followed self-interest, which meant no nukes.
these islamofascists are fanatics and would blow up the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Cold War was a child play because you know who the PLAYERS were. This time - you don't know who they are and where they are. They (the terrorist) have no boundary. They hide among the masses. With a hidden nuke at hand, the Cold War is child's play by comparison.

+1. the soviets were evil but they didn't want to lose their dachas and their vodka dinners. ultimately they followed self-interest, which meant no nukes.
these islamofascists are fanatics and would blow up the world.

Exactly. And based on what I heard, these terrorist (ISIS) are intent on getting the western world to fully engage them in fight so as to hasten the coming of their "Madhi". Hence, they intentionally behead their hostages IN PUBLIC for that very purpose.

Get the world to react.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
a reply to: edmc^2

I think you are too worried about conjecture and not what is prophesied in the scriptures.

A. What we know is there will be a tribulation.
B. We do not know what causes it.
C. Only one passage references any possible World War III scenario, and that is Daniel 11:44 which pertains to the US and Russia.

Yet before A. B. and C. happens - this needs to happen:

[1Th 5:3 HCSB] 3 When they say, "Peace and security," then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains come on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

And here we go:

I understand what you are trying to say, but is that the case? Part "C" is a violent attack, shortly before the said party then turns against the faithful and Michael stands in behalf of his people. Does that sound like a declaration of peace? That is why I brought up Jeremiah 6:14 "Peace, Peace, they say, when there is no peace."-NIV. Hence It would seem that most likely the "declaration" of peace at Thes. 5:3 is an ongoing thing toward the end times, not a single event.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I think you are too worried about conjecture and not what is prophesied in the scriptures.

C. Only one passage references any possible World War III scenario, and that is Daniel 11:44 which pertains to the US and Russia.

[1Th 5:3 HCSB] 3 When they say, "Peace and security," then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains come on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

And here we go:

I understand what you are trying to say, but is that the case? Part "C" is a violent attack, shortly before the said party then turns against the faithful and Michael stands in behalf of his people. Does that sound like a declaration of peace? That is why I brought up Jeremiah 6:14 "Peace, Peace, they say, when there is no peace."-NIV. Hence It would seem that most likely the "declaration" of peace at Thes. 5:3 is an ongoing thing toward the end times, not a single event.

Agree, except for WWIII - for the sake of his people, God will not allow it to happen. Otherwise no one will survive a nuclear exchange between the superpowers.

As the Scripture tell us:

[Mat 24:21-22 KJV] 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

But yes, 1 Thess 5:3 is connected to Jeremiah 6:14. The Peace and Security that the nations THOUGHT they achieved is not real for the Scripture says -"sudden destruction will be upon them".

As for the prophecy at Daniel - this is the pushing and pulling between the "King of the North" and the "King of the South".

Although the identity of the "two kings" changed throughout history, we know the struggle between them is continuing down to our time.

As the scripture indicates:

[Dan 11:13-15 KJV] 13 For the king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former, and shall certainly come after certain years with a great army and with much riches. 14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall. 15 So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither [shall there be any] strength to withstand.

Notice, there's no mention of war or WWIII but a continued struggle.

If you read the entire ch 11 of Daniel and study history you will see a remarkable fulfillment right down to the smallest detail!!!

edit on 16-7-2015 by edmc^2 because: ch 11 not ch 6

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

And here we go:

Agree, except for WWIII - for the sake of his people, God will not allow it to happen. Otherwise no one will survive a nuclear exchange between the superpowers.

[Mat 24:21-22 KJV] 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

But yes, 1 Thess 5:3 is connected to Jeremiah 6:14. The Peace and Security that the nations THOUGHT they achieved is not real for the Scripture says -"sudden destruction will be upon them".

As for the prophecy at Daniel - this is the pushing and pulling between the "King of the North" and the "King of the South".

Although the identity of the "two kings" changed throughout history, we know the struggle between them is continuing down to our time.

[Dan 11:13-15 KJV] 13 For the king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former, and shall certainly come after certain years with a great army and with much riches. 14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall. 15 So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither [shall there be any] strength to withstand.

If you read the entire ch 11 of Daniel and study history you will see a remarkable fulfillment right down to the smallest detail!!!

Look, you are bouncing all over the place. I never said there was a WWIII, that was my point. You were talking about Iran plopping nukes on people and such, and that is conjecture and not in the bible.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

And here we go:

Look, you are bouncing all over the place. I never said there was a WWIII, that was my point. You were talking about Iran plopping nukes on people and such, and that is conjecture and not in the bible.

If I'm bouncing all over, my apologies but I thought you said this:

WWIII - hence I went there.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

And here we go:

Okay, miscommunication. My point was, there is no real WWIII scenario in the bible, but even though we do not understand what in fact causes the "tribulation" there is some sort of attack between powers shortly before the end. That is why I said "only one possible scenario" if there is such a thing. Because it is impossible to predict how this is fulfilled or what it means. I suspect as it happens, we will know.
edit on 17-7-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

And here we go:

Okay, miscommunication. My point was, there is no real WWIII scenario in the bible, but even though we do not understand what in fact causes the "tribulation" there is some sort of attack between powers shortly before the end. That is why I said "only one possible scenario" if there is such a thing. Because it is impossible to predict how this is fulfilled or what it means. I suspect as it happens, we will know.

As far as we know, these are stages of prophetic events:

1. Cry for "Peace and Security" which triggers the "sudden destruction".
2. Organized Religion will come under attack by Political powers - which then triggers the Great Tribulation.
Great Tribulation will come in three stages:
a. destruction of organized religion worldwide.
b. Destruction "cut short" to save the "elect".
c. Attack on the "elect" which triggers...
3. The War of the Great God Almighty - Armageddon.
Destruction of the ungodly along with all the human government.
Seizing of Satan and his demons to be Abyssed.
4. !000 year reign of Jesus and his associates begins. Bring back mankind to perfection and the resurrection of the dead.
(God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.)
5. Final test of perfect mankind before 1000 year ends.
Satan released to test mankind for the ast time.
7. Final destruction of Satan along with those who sided with him during the final test.
8. Everlasting life granted to all faithful mankind.
9. Eath now back to the way it was in Eden.

Then...

Eternity and oneness of all God's creation under God's rulership.

[1Co 15:25-26, 28 KJV] 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death. ... 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The beast makes war with the lamb. (Revelation17:14) So does the King of the North at Daniel 11:45. The seventh world power arises from the ten kings at (Daniel 7:23,24). Once he humiliates the three kings, among the ten, they become his allies later on, which are the ten kings that receive a kingdom with him at (Revelation 17:12) This alliance is NATO. The United States, the United Kingdom and their NATO allies have fulfilled the prophecy at Daniel chapter 11 as the King of the North. The Soviet Union fell, and in the wake, NATO sucked up former eastern block states. Thus NATO "swept through them like a flood" as Daniel 11:40 states.

edit on 17-7-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The beast makes war with the lamb. (Revelation17:14) So does the King of the North at Daniel 11:45. The seventh world power arises from the ten kings at (Daniel 7:23,24). Once he humiliates the three kings, among the ten, they become his allies later on, which are the ten kings that receive a kingdom with him at (Revelation 17:12) This alliance is NATO. The United States, the United Kingdom and their NATO allies have fulfilled the prophecy at Daniel chapter 11 as the King of the North. The Soviet Union fell, and in the wake, NATO sucked up former eastern block states. Thus NATO "swept through them like a flood" as Daniel 11:40 states.

Interesting. So who do you think is the King of the North today?

From what you said above it seems like it doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Interesting. So who do you think is the King of the North today?

From what you said above it seems like it doesn't exist.

I feel the King of the north has been, since the end of WWII, the US/UK and it's NATO allies. The King of the South has during the same period been The USSR/Russia.This has not changed and will never change. September 11th proved to be the event at Daniel 11:44 and the king of the north has made it a priority to eliminate terrorism. The only thing that is left to be fulfilled in this prophecy, is for the King of the North and it's allies (including the UN which it promotes) to plant it's "tents" in opposition to God.

If I am wrong about this and the US/UK is in fact the King of the South (Which doesn't make any since whatsoever according to the bible and world events) then the King of the North still has to fulfill Daniel 11:44. I think it's already been fulfilled by the US/UK.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Just like when ancient Babylon fell in just one night after the hand writing on the wall, you had to know what to look for, in the days leading up to that, in that case it was Cyrus's engineer core working on the Euphrates river. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Watching and waiting, good points made.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Just like when ancient Babylon fell in just one night after the hand writing on the wall, you had to know what to look for, in the days leading up to that, in that case it was Cyrus's engineer core working on the Euphrates river. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Watching and waiting, good points made.

Blue_Jay, here's the latest:

UN Security Council unanimously endorses nuclear deal between Iran and 6 world powers

By EDITH M. LEDERER
Associated Press

AP Photo
AP Photo/Seth Wenig

UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- The U.N. Security Council on Monday unanimously endorsed the landmark nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers and authorized a series of measures leading to the end of U.N. sanctions that have hurt Iran's economy.

hosted.ap.org...

The United Nations Security Council on Monday unanimously endorsed the landmark nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers and authorized a series of measures leading to the end of UN sanctions that have hurt Iran's economy.

But the measure also provides a mechanism for UN sanctions to "snap back" in place if Iran fails to meet its obligations.

Both U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power and Iran's UN Ambassador Gholamali Khoshroo called the agreement an important achievement for diplomacy, the Iranian promising to be "resolute in fulfilling its obligations" and the American pledging to be vigilant in ensuring they are carried out.

Keep "Watching" and "Stay Awake"...

www.cbc.ca...

edit on 20-7-2015 by edmc^2 because: add source

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And here we go:

Okay, miscommunication. My point was, there is no real WWIII scenario in the bible,

but even though we do not understand what in fact causes the "tribulation" there is some sort of attack between powers shortly before the end. That is why I said "only one possible scenario" if there is such a thing.
Because it is impossible to predict how this is fulfilled or what it means. I suspect as it happens, we will know.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Transparent

This is a very sobering topic & I'm sorry I could not take place in the start of it. What I wanted to add is that although true; we do not know how this will play out exactly we must remember that the waters or the restless sea of mankind may also play a pivotal role in the triggering off these events. We have protesters pulling for religious freedom as in the case of the gender equality situation pr & anti, we have groups pulling for freedom from religion in the cases of those that don't believe in God & watch dog groups that are pressing hard for the removal of government cutting ties by forcing religious institutions of paying taxes.

We have the political fields fighting on these issues (pro & anti), religious fanatically fueled domestic terrorism, religious leaders meddling in the affairs of the political process such as the Pope calling world leaders cowards about global warming, & calling the elite that controls everything the new enslavement of captialism etc. All of this may all possibly be taken collectively that might force the US to force the UN to take decisive action. Rev 17:15 coupling in the peace talks in the world at 1 Thess 5:3 could be what catapults everything into high gear.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: incoserv

Is he more than any politician who's come before him? A resounding No!

Amazingly, he sees himself as the "ONE" - a "messiah complex". The one who will bring about big CHANGE. Who knows he might become the next U.N President once he leaves office. This further guaranty that his legacy will remain in tact.

Sounds plausible. He & the Mrs. stated that they will probably move from Chicago home to either Hawaii or New York. With his attempt to secure his legacy in the world New York is probably where they will settle. Not only that, the UN is in NY.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Nope. Islam means Peace and the Koran promises «Peace and Security», but there is none of either. Perhaps apart from American companies like Blackwater and Halliburton who entered the arena to provide it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Islam in Arabic simply means: ''submission'' not ''peace''. Salam in Arabic means ''peace'' just as shalom in Hebrew means ''peace'' which comes from the root word ''shalam''.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Transparent

The root of the Arabic word «Islam» is the word «Salam» which means peace, and the full definition of the word «Islam» would be something along the lines of «Peace through Submission» — am I just about right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join