It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men: DUI's may be cheaper than Drunk Sex.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
- On a drunken night after a party, a man and a woman decide together to have sex.

- Two months later the woman finds out she is pregnant.

- The woman has a choice, she can choose to abort or give birth.

- The woman does choose to give birth, but decides that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with that man.

- The man is forced to give the woman a large percentage of his paycheck for the next 18 years. Failure to do so results in jail time.

- Over the next 18 years that man will have paid $92,880, on average, in child support.

Had that man or woman decided to drive home while intoxicated, instead of having sex, they may have been pulled over and given a DUI(and rightfully so). And it would have cost them an average of $10,000 in fines and fees.

So two consenting, intoxicated, adults can partake in the same actions. In one situation, they are treated the same, fines and fees. In the other(legal and consenting), one is punished and alienated of rights and the other financially rewarded with $93k while given rights over the other.

Now, if the man had an equal say on whether or not he wants his child to be born it may be different. If he didn't have equal say, but had the right to deny child support, it may be different. If he had equal parental rights to that child after birth it may be different.

But, as of now, it is potentially more expensive for a man to have consensual sex under the influence. For a woman, it is as expensive while driving under the influence, but potentially more rewarding to have sex under the influence(depending on her pregnancy choice and the man's finances).

Ghost

*** I don't condone either action while drunk, especially drunk driving.
edit on 14-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Yah, or he could be more responsible for his actions. Wear a condom. Don't stick your manhood in whatever becomes available without thinking. There are worse things than having a kid that can result when you don't know who you're screwing.

[SNIP] take care of your business on your own.

Stop blaming a woman as if getting an abortion is such a easy way out. The man had his chance to do something about it too, but he blew it and now that is her only choice. That or have a child from a one night stand with some loser who can't take care of his own junk.
edit on 14/7/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed crude references to sexual acts.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah, because she didn't choose what she put inside her. Or she couldn't rub one out and take care of business by her own hand.....or.... God forbid, the man actually has an option before birth to pay child support for 18 years (or not), then the woman can choose? (Or dare I ask that the man has a choice on whether the child is born?!)

Don't be so ignorant, sex takes two. A child deserves both parents equally.
edit on 14-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

- Over the next 18 years that man will have paid $92,880, on average, in child support.

Well one incidence is a bad decision that ends at the point of being arrested, the other is a bad decision that lasts 18 years so I'm trying to understand your comparison since I really do not see it. How about adding in a DUI and you killed someone too, how does that compare?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah, because she didn't choose what she put inside her. Or she couldn't rub one out and take care of business by her own hand.....

Don't be so ignorant, sex takes two.

I didn't say she wasn't also responsible. I'm not giving the woman a free pass. But you're talking about her getting knocked up. So like it or not, she's stuck with having to do something about it so her being a responsible party is a given in this situation. That goes without saying.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
How about acting like an adult and making adult decisions not to do either while intoxicated because both actions can have dire effects that affect more than just themselves... Sometimes for lifetimes?!?

While the woman can indeed file for child support, she can not force the father to take part in the child's life. So she would still (if done correctly) pay a much higher price (time, money, stress, etc.) than the man would in that situation.

Either action could result in life or death... Literally.

I did read your opinion at the bottom of your post but felt the need to stress it anyway.

But really... If you are going to do either then you kind of deserve exactly what karma can throw at you for your dumbassery. I wish more people realized that whatever you do is like ripples in a pond. It goes outward and affects many people. There's nothing you can do that does not change the course of the entire world on a daily basis IMO. But that's more philosophical than we need to get I suppose.

The best solution here is to drink at home alone... Or with someone who you would ever sleep with no matter how thick the beer goggles.

edit on 7/14/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

And it would have cost them an average of $10,000 in fines and fees.

10g in fines etc , Let me guess America . You mis quoted surely .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The smart thing to do would be to quit drinking entirely, thereby avoiding both undesirable outcomes.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The smart thing to do would be to quit drinking entirely, thereby avoiding both undesirable outcomes.

I agree, but it doesn't change the facts on the repercussions or rewards depending on the sexes.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Hey hey hey don't start with the crazy talk, I like my 18 year old scotch.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have yet to have that problem...don't take them to your house and don't tell them your last name

I kid I kid, I got the humor in the OP I don't think he was being very serious. Man you guys are wound up tight tonight huh...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

But that is no fun....

To the OP if this is a problem for you may i suggest if you are getting on the beer goggles you visit a lady of the night if you feel such urges coming along....

edit on 14-7-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

a reply to: NthOther

I agree, but it doesn't change the facts on the repercussions or rewards depending on the sexes.

I'm confused as to what the reward is?

Unless one is pregnant by Trump, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, or the like... 99% (from my experience) of the child support paying population pays far less than what it actually takes to raise a child.

Is that $180 (That's being generous for a lot of folks sadly) a month enough to feed, cloth, educate, etc. one child and still leave enough for her to spend weekends in Paris?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
One thing that would solve a lot of this ...?

Male birth control.

I know a lot of guys that would get a shot once every year or something to prevent them from impregnating women.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Yes, the system is rigged to the overwhelming detriment of males.

Which is exactly why you need to keep your wits about you when dealing with both A) the system; and, B) females.

Both will take the utmost advantage of you when you're drunk. And male.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
One thing that would solve a lot of this ...?

Male birth control.

I know a lot of guys that would get a shot once every year or something to prevent them from impregnating women.

Agreed. At least a shot wouldn't dry rot in the back of some wallet.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's weird...we've had all these drugs for male birth control "almost ready!" for years, but they never get FDA approved. If men had more options than just a condom (women have IUD, Norplant, pills, female condoms, spermicides, ect) -- it might really help the situation.

The one promising one I recently read about was a gel that was injected whereby giving the male a temporary vasectomy. 99.9% effective, totally reversible and takes like 20 minutes at the doctors office.

I'd be first in line.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Use a barrier method of contraception on top of any claims by the female that she is on the pill. Learned my lesson over a decade ago...thank science for DNA tests, that £300 saved me tens of thousands of pounds, the sly bitch would have seen me raise another mans child, phew, lucky escape...thank science!

*Edit*
I did actually end up raising the child until he was 7 but that's another story lol
edit on 14.7.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Child support is big business. I personally know several people that work at the child support office. These folks tell me their job as case workers is the best form of birth control.

Seeing this book might also be a good form of birth control:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

You are comparing 18 years to one DUI...
What if that man got a DUI every year, how much money do you think that would cost him?

Also, after 3 DUI's he would be sitting in a cell, so think the cost skyrockets then..

All in all, kind of a pointless thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join