It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men: DUI's may be cheaper than Drunk Sex.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well... Another benefit to that would be for those couples where the husband/boyfriend (not going through the whole list just to be PC) has Heath insurance and the wife/woman doesn't. That way if one had to cut corners, the other wouldn't have to and protection could be had and made easier ultimately meaning many more would/could use it effectively.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Male birth control.

Right?

Why are we not taking the bullets out of the gun.

Instead we are shooting them and hoping, unless you are trying, they don't hit.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Amen, and not all women can or want to be on some kind of daily medication!

It's 2015, we should have better options!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You are comparing 18 years to one DUI...
What if that man got a DUI every year, how much money do you think that would cost him?

Also, after 3 DUI's he would be sitting in a cell, so think the cost skyrockets then..

Yeah, I'm comparing an equal consenting action between two adults to a despicable act like DUI.

Apparently, the OP flew past your head.

You missed the irony in how a consenting act between two adults is more detrimental then an illegal act.

For most, the illegal act should have a higher punishment.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ghostrager

Yah, or he could be more responsible for his actions. Wear a condom. Don't stick your manhood in whatever becomes available without thinking. There are worse things than having a kid that can result when you don't know who you're screwing.

[SNIP] take care of your business on your own.

Stop blaming a woman as if getting an abortion is such a easy way out. The man had his chance to do something about it too, but he blew it and now that is her only choice. That or have a child from a one night stand with some loser who can't take care of his own junk.

So it is ALL his fault??

This nonsense argument about "he should wear a condom" works both ways. There are female condoms, the pill, and countless other forms of birth control. There is even plan B. These days abortion is literally for the irresponsible, unmotivated, lazy and stupid. So this idea that he didnt wear a condom so SHE has to choose between pregnancy or abortion is really an antiquated idea that no longer holds water.

That being said, fact is NEITHER party made a responsible choice.

As far as the OP, the OP act as if the female doesn't pay nothing at all. That 93k (over a period of 18-23 years), does not cover ALL the expenses of raising a child. It won't put that kid in College, and even worse- the Mother may not get it at all.

Honestly- your whole post reeks to me of someone who actually has no real idea of what child support is or how it REALLY works in practice.

If you want a lesson on it, let me know. My child support story will blow your mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Is it truly consensual when a female lies about being on the pill though?
Happened to me and in fairness to her she admitted it, but without the DNA test I'd still be paying for someone else's child.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

As far as the OP, the OP act as if the female doesn't pay nothing at all. That 93k (over a period of 18-23 years), does not cover ALL the expenses of raising a child. It won't put that kid in College, and even worse- the Mother may not get it at all.

Honestly- your whole post reeks to me of someone who actually has no real idea of what child support is or how it REALLY works in practice.

If you want a lesson on it, let me know. My child support story will blow your mind.

As the "OP", I care for my childen nearly half of each week (to my delight). I walked away from a position that paid me a ridiculous amount of money so I could be with my children. Their mother decided to up and leave one day and move them to an area that I couldnt commute to without giving up either my job or my children.

I chose my children.

Our judge still ordered that I should pay 50% more on my child support, even though my wages didn't cover that, but I still relocated to be with my children.

So you are right. I have "no idea" how or WHY child support works how it does.
edit on 14-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

No I didn't, you are comparing one dui to 18 years of child support...

One dui may cost 10k on average and that doubles wit each one iirc. And that is just fines, not counting jail time or possibly prison and having a felony.

DUI's are very detrimental to your life.

You are also describing a dead beat dad in your scenario, the woman can't just block the dad from being a part of the child's life unless she can show he is unfit.
edit on thTue, 14 Jul 2015 02:51:46 -0500America/Chicago720154680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

So you are jaded...

Explains a lot. Sorry your ex screwed you, that is not cool at all.

Glad you still get to see your kids, I am sure they enjoy being able to be with their father.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Funny OP and interesting points, buuut, you forgot stuff like....
Coulda killed someone
Coulda killed him/herself

Coulda got his/her @ss whipped by his/her Momma with one of those dough rollin' things for comin' in all late and toe up, wakin' up all the cats and sh!t.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

Here's an idea. TRY READING MY OTHER POST RIGHT AFTER THAT ONE. I said she is also responsible, so they both made a bad choice. Just because you're pissed off about child support doesn't mean you can't read does it???

I know how child support works, it doesn't take a genius and I come from divorced parents and I know all too well how it works first hand.

A word to the wise for those who might have to pay it. Keep the courts out of it and keep it between the two of you or you'll both be getting screwed out of the deal.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

So you are jaded...

Explains a lot. Sorry your ex screwed you, that is not cool at all.

Jaded? Nah, disappointed, yes. I've never looked at the situation as in "what about me", it's always been what it is best for my kids.

Yeah, it's not cool at all, the children are the ones that suffer the most.

As far as child support, I really don't mind paying more myself as I know their baby momma spends it on them. But that's not always the case for many fathers paying monthly child support.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

A word to the wise for those who might have to pay it. Keep the courts out of it and keep it between the two of you or you'll both be getting screwed out of the deal.

This would be the key to the problem.....this quoted line above is about the best advice one can get in this type of situation...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You are also describing a dead beat dad in your scenario, the woman can't just block the dad from being a part of the child's life unless she can show he is unfit.

I don't think I described a "deadbeat dad" even once.

No, she can't completely deny a child to a father. But, she can deny their time together unequivocally compared to what she has..

Which is the entire point. A man has no choice in reproducing, but pays so many of the expenses without access to his children.

So, I believe, that a man should have equal access or the option to opt out of child support. And vice versa for the woman. If one opts out of equal time, they are responsible for the financial aspect of that time to the other parent.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
How about acting like an adult and making adult decisions not to do either while intoxicated because both actions can have dire effects that affect more than just themselves... Sometimes for lifetimes?!?

Do you realize how much of an oxymoron that statement is? Making adult decisions while intoxicated? I laughed. Drunk sex often forgoes wise decision making. Alcohol impairs your judgment, so finding a condom may not be very high on your priority list while you are drunk and in a sexual situation. This impaired judgment goes both ways. The guy might ask the girl if she's on the pill, she might lie and say yes because she wants to get laid. The guy thinks he doesn't need a condom, a few weeks later he finds out he's going to be a father, he confronts the girl about her being on the pill, she says, "Well, it's not guaranteed to work 100% of the time!" to escape responsibility. And like that, a man has been conned into having a child.

I mean, obviously if the guy is sober and not thinking entirely with his dick, he's going to wear a condom or ensure there is some form of birth control in place before proceeding with sex. If he's particularly intelligent, he may undergo a vasectomy, which he can get reversed when he feels emotionally mature and financially stable enough to have a kid.

Regarding the comparison of drunk driving to drunk sex, I have to wonder if OP was drunk when he wrote this post. You cannot put a monetary value on human life, and when you engage in drunk driving, you put many lives at risk. Yes, if nothing bad happens you might get home safe, or maybe just get pulled over and charged with a DUI, but here's a genius idea: how about you call a cab? Instead of getting your license suspended for months, having to attend AA meetings, spending the night in jail, and having to pay a large fine, you can just spend like $20 to have someone drive you home. Wow! Amazing!

MEN: Calling a cab maybe cheaper than a DUI or drunk sex!~!!!1!!~~!111!!!11!!!

Use your brain, it's your greatest asset.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I understand your topic and believe what you are trying to say is that Men do not have equal rights when it comes to pregnancy (if I am wrong, let me know).

I agree that the rights of a male in this case are about zero +/- 0.00. Aside from the pious "don't drink' or the don't have sex' crowd, let's look at this from an equal rights standpoint only:

2 consenting adults have casual sex for the pleasure value only and the female becomes pregnant.

Female available options are: have child give for adoption, have child and keep or abortion.
Male available options are ... pay for child.

If the male wants the child and offers to pay and the female wants an abortion male has no say.
If the male does not want child-male pays and male has no say.
If it was a one night stand and male never knew that there was a pregnancy, 17 years later woman get's divorced from husband (not father) and files for state assistance, the state asks for a paternity test male pays (true story BTW)

If equal rights were really equal, the male would have equal say in the matter.
edit on 14-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: clarity

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Since when is plowing into a minivan carrying a family on a road trip less expensive than a condom? Getting a woman pregnant and paying child support would be the extreme end game of a drunken hookup. The extreme end game of driving drunk is not simply a DUI. It's killing somebody.

If you're going to compare, make a fair comparison.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My friend who has three sons once told me...

"When they turned 13, I told them that all men wore two condoms all the time, and when they have sex they get to take one off."

She's a funny chick!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

A good friend of mine got a DUI and was convicted about 6 years ago, he is just now recovering from the finiancial heartbreak that it brought upon him.
First off, this is in Ontario Canada.

His initial fine was 1200, impound was 1100 for a week, had to take a 'back on track course' I think it ran him in the 600 region.
To keep his job he had to drive, so they allowed him to install a breath test thing in his car, which was like 100 dollars a month for a year, on top of that insurance ran him into the 10 grand region a year, that lasted for about 4 years. All in all it ran him well into the 50-60 thousand range in his being able to drive!
Now he has to wait another 5 years to get a pardon, with is I think like 5 grand a conviction now, baby has positive to it, DUI is civil death, or actual death to you or someone else.
edit on 14-7-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

At the risk of getting my words twisted, I tiptoe into this thread...

You're right. As the laws are now, it would be monetarily cheaper to drive home drunk, providing there's no accident and no one gets injured or killed.

I believe the laws should be changed to provide the male with the same option to "abort" as the woman has. Both participated, both are responsible and both should have the option to bail (during a reasonable timeframe).

Having said that, the laws are the way they are, and if two people are going to have sex, BOTH are responsible for contraception. If the woman doesn't want a pregnancy, she should use BC. If a man doesn't want the responsibility of a child, he should use a condom. The use of both ups the chances of a casual encounter, without the outcome of a potential child.

If I were a man who didn't want a child, I'd never have sex without a condom. PERIOD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join