It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and Responsibilties That Follow

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

How about making the mothers and fathers who created the children be responsible for them.

Is that your fix it???

How do you propose we make people be responsible? If they fail to live up to your standards then what?

Come on Beez I know you can think beyond this and I really want to see if there is a solution that isn't a fairytail.
edit on 8-7-2015 by grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
This is such an easy issue to fix. If one half would take birth control and the other half use condoms (plan B), at least half the problem would be fixed.

Back in the 60's, we learned that Lucy and Ricky don't just wrestle in the separate twin beds. Geez.

Except many of the same people who are against abortion are also against teaching sex education in schools or want schools to teach abstinence only education. How can you know to use protection if no one taught you to do it or how to use it?
edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

ok.
lets make mothers and fathers responsible for their kids....
lets force them

how do we do that?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

bloodstream seems to want to lock people up that do not take care of them. So with that solution we will have to pay the prison system even more money to take care of the prisoners and we still have a bunch of kids without anyone to raise them.

I would think that would be a worse situation not better.

The only thing I have seen you write is who is to blame. I don't care about blame I want to see some solutions that wouldn't cause more problems. Do you have any?

I never mentioned prison or the jail system, so don't put words in my mouth. I offered one possible solution instead of looking to others and saying "ok, we can't continue this genocide so *you* deal with it". Let the same people who have abortions, help pay for the "unwanted children". Do you have any better ideas? Perhaps revamp the foster system as it's trash at the moment... but otherwise a sound idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

and how many 16-17 year old buys are gonna take a rain check on getting some switch when they dont have a condom?

i dont see a large percentage of them thinking it through and not having sex cause no protection.

people, teen boys especially get a whiff if the yummies and they get stupid. forget all about protection

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

How about making the mothers and fathers who created the children be responsible for them.

Is that your fix it???

How do you propose we make people be responsible? If they fail to live up to your standards then what?

Come on Beez I know you can think beyond this and I really want to see if there is a solution that isn't a fairytail.

What's your solution other than killing all of them?

And why is it MY responsibility to come up with a fix to a broken amoral societal problem?

I'm just disgusted with your "final solution" to the problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

just cause you say it is an amoral problem, does not make it so.

sure you know that though.

you seem pretty worried about yourself.

why should my tax dollars go to help take care of unwanted kids?
me me me me

and yeah, i would rather see potential humans aborted than having to be raised by people that dont really give a damn and dont want them around

link   
a reply to: Seamrog
I've raised three children into adulthood...

1) Outlaw all abortions and shutter every abortion mill.

my oldest child was around 2 1/2 when I delivered my third. They were all big babies with that third one being my largest. The pain in my legs began around the 6 th month and by the time the 9th month came alone, it was really quite difficult to walk around. That didn't matter though since well with a two year old in the house, I had to do lots of walking!! I was lucky in that I could manage it!! I imagine there's some out there that aren't that lucky and well, if the problem is known before hand, well they may chose now to end such a pregnancy just to avoid it. Are you willing to step in and help such a person out and chase after that 2 year old some while she avoids walking?
I once knew a girl who was just a tad bit out of sorts mentally and was on some pretty strong medications. Somehow she managed to get pregnant while being institutionalized. The state forced an abortion on her because of the known effects this medications would have on a devoloping fetus.. I suppose it would have been better to allow her to carry the child and then just drop the deformed baby into her lap and leave her to do the best she could!

4) End welfare for adults of working age and use those countless billions to support adoptive married male / female couples fostering and adopting any 'unwanted' children.

oh, I love this one....
So that family that I knew who's dad would spend his workday driving a school bus running kids to and from school who was getting help from social services because the $8/hr he made wasn't enough to support them should just lose that support and well then you can take the kids from that family since they can't afford to support them and pay someone a bit more affluent to adopt them with his taxmoney? No matter who well they cared for those kids or loved them??

For those, it is ALL about sex on demand with ZERO consequences.

I am gonna tell you a story that I seldom tell anyone so listen up!!!
My three kids were conceived while I was a member of a small little pentecostal church in texas. A conservative little church where women were preached at to be obedient and all that. After child number one, I was told by my doctor that well, I should wait awhile before having sex. After about a week after delivering my son, well I woke up one night to the feeling of my husband tearing out my stitches! Sex on demand = the obedience that every danged church in this country is more than willing to preach! There's a thread on this forum that asked the question, does the marriage mean that sex should be given freely, and many said yes!! if one doesn't want to have to have sex, then one shouldn't get married and refusing should be grounds for a divorce!

I left the church when I heard someone say that well if the husband doesn't want her to be there she shouldn't and that to me was saying that I as a women only had the option of salvation if my husband desire me to have it. I've tried to go back several times to different denominations but well I can't function within a system that is constantly preaching this. I won't! The churches want the men to have all this power and work so hard to disempower women, and yet, when things fall apart, they blame the women?

link   

originally posted by: Mugly

ok.
lets force them

how do we do that?

Dunno.

It's sounds alot harder than murder though, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

True, but I never claimed that protection or education about protection was the end all solution. At some point it comes down to the people having the sex's decision. We can only prepare them so much for it. I can say that with proper education, it is MORE likely that the kid will hold off if he doesn't have protection. That much is for certain.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

and yeah, i would rather see potential humans aborted than having to be raised by people that dont really give a damn and dont want them around

Good for you.

Wear it loud and wear it proud!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

i cant answer that as i am not talking about murder.
i am talking about abortion.
guess we are not on the same page.

we cant force people to want their kids. we cant force people to actually take care of their kids.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

ok.
lets force them

how do we do that?

Dunno.

It's sounds alot harder than murder though, doesn't it?

Actually, it sound very authoritarian. But that can't be true, conservatives are supposed to be for smaller government right?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

i cant answer that as i am not talking about murder.
i am talking about abortion.
guess we are not on the same page.

we cant force people to want their kids. we cant force people to actually take care of their kids.

Heck we have enough problems just getting dead beat dads to pay child support, let alone actually taking care of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

True, but I never claimed that protection or education about protection was the end all solution. At some point it comes down to the people having the sex's decision. We can only prepare them so much for it. I can say that with proper education, it is MORE likely that the kid will hold off if he doesn't have protection. That much is for certain.

i know what youre saying.
it wasnt directed towards you.

i agree though. kids do need to be educated.

the reality of the situation is people are gonna bone, protection or not.
just like the reality is people can not be forced to take responsibility for their kids.
i dont see how that can be enforced.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

but the solution is easy.

all we have to do is ban abortions and make people take care of their kids.

i just solved the problem in 3 seconds.
onto the next thing

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yep, just like drugs. Ban them and then the problem goes away forever right?
edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yep, just like drugs. Ban them and then the problem goes away forever right?

sure.
seems to be working famously

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Who is going to make them? The government? I thought you were for personal freedoms.
That sounds very authoritarian.
Personal freedoms but not for women then is it?.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
no, but enough of them are that we can't operate on the idea that they are all just irresponsible people who weren't thinking!

heck, I've tried to teach my kids that you just don't do it till you have meet someone you are pretty sure you want to spend at least the next 18-25 years with because well, no matter how much yous might end up hating each other, once a child is in the picture you are gonna find yourself tied in one way or another to that person! They know how badly child support can screw with men so well, they listen to me.
unfortunately, many don't see things my way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join