It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and Responsibilties That Follow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: beezzer

Talk all you want about how horrible a person I am. I don't care.

I just want you to answer the question the OP posed. What do we do with all these unwanted children?

Why should it be my decision?

Just because someone doesn't want the responsibility, it automatically becomes MY RESPONSIBILITY?

Why not stop passing the damned buck and become responsible, endorse responsibility?

Is that too much to ask for?

I guess it is, becaause killing is so much easier.
You can't FORCE someone to take care of a child they don't want. You make sweeping arguments for responsibility and that's fine, but in the real world people are irresponsible. You can punish irresponsible people that doesn't help the child, who still needs to be raised.

Who raises these unwanted children? It's a simple question.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm not pro abortion. I am pro choice. If I choose to have a child that child is my responsibility and the fathers responsibility. No one else is responsible for my choice to have a child. This is nonsense.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

so you'd be fine with the mother to be just deciding to not eat anything for nine months in an attempt to avoid becoming a mother, or well ingesting a variety of drugs, or whatever? lol, I don't think so, since there's an assortment of laws in various states that are being used to imprison innocent women when they just happen to miscarry based on unproven facts!
when it comes to pregnancy, you have two beings sharing one biological system. they can't have equal rights now can they?
if you have a mother to be who is likely to have to be bedridden for the majority of the pregnancy, who do you give the rights to when she has a two year old child already that she is the sole caretaker to? Is society ready to provide ADEQUATE 24 hour care to her two year old and her, in their home for the duration of her pregnancy? I say in her home mainly because the answer now would be to place her child into the crappy foster care system which would only add to her stress level greatly. Is society even willing to force the dad of the child to step up and provide some assistance?

and you can preach responsiblity all you want but unless there is a path made to allow the people to be responsible (decent wages for a 40 hour week to start with) you words are in vain!

edit on 8-7-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Funny how some shouts rights all the time but forget about the rights of the woman.
Her choice and as men we show have no say in it.
Op I have asked the same many times you will not got a straoght answer just more bleating on how it is murder.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Funny how some shouts rights all the time but forget about the rights of the woman.
Her choice and as men we show have no say in it.
Op I have asked the same many times you will not got a straoght answer just more bleating on how it is murder.

What about the rights of the unborn?

I guess they don't count.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've said my piece.

Don't like it?

Tough.

You all stumble all over yourselves justifying the killing of unborn innocent humans.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Talk all you want about how horrible a person I am. I don't care.

I just want you to answer the question the OP posed. What do we do with all these unwanted children?

Why should it be my decision?

Just because someone doesn't want the responsibility, it automatically becomes MY RESPONSIBILITY?

Why not stop passing the damned buck and become responsible, endorse responsibility?

Some people view abortion as the responsible thing to do considering their financial status and wellbeing. You decry people being irresponsible then advocate for taking their choices away.

Justifying murder doesn't take away the fact that it's murder.

Paint a f###ing flower on it and call it art, it's still murder.

Well then you are going to have to pitch in to offer up alternative solutions to help people be responsible for not getting abortions. Like it or not, for every child that is born that cannot be properly taken care of, you DO have to help be responsible for it through tax money going to social programs to care for the child.

You want to do away with abortions, then start coming up with solutions for caring for the numerous amounts of children that would otherwise been aborted, because lord knows our social nets are already strained enough. How many abortions happened last year? Yeah, add that number to the total pool of receivers of social programs. Maybe more since the mothers and fathers may have to activate programs of their own to supplement their lost income gone to caring for a child.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I've said my piece.

Don't like it?

Tough.

You all stumble all over yourselves justifying the killing of unborn innocent humans.

You've said your piece? But you haven't actually answered the questions in the OP. You just said a bunch of standard anti-abortion rhetoric about how awful abortion is and that the mothers should be more responsible and just left it at that like that is a solution or something.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Realtruth

Why do only those who are against abortion have to give? Why are you demanding that others pick up the slack for someone else's problem?

Why are you trying to justify murder?

Everyone needs to give, but those against abortion should lead by action, but rarely do. It's mostly moral lip service.

I wouldn't ever justify murder, but our society is hypocritical when it comes to murder, and/or killing, and even knowing what murder is.

We kill animals every day to eat, we euthanize unwanted or old dogs, cats, and other animals because no one wants them, or society cannot care for them. We even sterilize the animals before adoption so they cannot procreate many times.

The term "Murder" seems to be subjective these day.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You can call it "abortion", "pregnancy termination" or whatever clinical-sounding name you want.
It's still taking a human life. Is that not, by definition, murder?

The idea that it's "not human" till a certain stage of fetal developement is just ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
You can call it "abortion", "pregnancy termination" or whatever clinical-sounding name you want.
It's still taking a human life. Is that not, by definition, murder?

The idea that it's "not human" till a certain stage of fetal developement is just ridiculous.

OK then let's say you are 100% correct it is "Murder".

Are you willing to adopt if we would change the laws? Because those children will need to be cared for.

Most people are getting off topic and trying to derail the thread with red herrings.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Where does life begin? Does it begin at the precise moment of conception?

Where do we draw the line?

"Male masturbation is murder! Literally BILLIONS of potential children are dying in discarded gym socks every day!"

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yes, I am.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

ha.
much better to ban abortions and make them illegal. that will solve everything.

i wonder what would happen if abortions were illegal.

do you really think that these people forced to have these kids will own up and be responsible and take care of them into adulthood?

or

do you think we will see a spike in babies being found in dumpsters, ladies stuffing lysol up there trying to get rid of it....ooooh, back alley abortions are always fun

how do you think it would go?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

i dont think it is ridiculous.

so you believe that live begins the nano second the sperm fertalizes?

that fast huh?

so it is no life(just an egg and sperm) to instantly being a live(alive)?

yeah, i dont think so

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Where does life begin? Does it begin at the precise moment of conception?

Technically, yes.

Where do we draw the line?

I think once conception has occurred, it's a human being. Terms like zygote, blastocyst, and embryo
are used to describe the fetus, but isn;t it still a human?

"Male masturbation is murder! Literally BILLIONS of potential children are dying in discarded gym socks every day!"

Ther hasn't been a conception.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And folks Roe V Wade isn't going anywhere. In the USA women can choose whether to become a mother or not. If she chooses to bear a child she is responsible for that child. The father too and that's really where legislation needs reform. Dads sometimes need to be forced to step up because if they have sex they are already making some kind of choice.
If a child results from that choice whether they want it or not they need to be responsible.
Of course there's plenty of people who have children and then abuse them and don't take care of them but that's another issue. If you know you're one of those people it's cruel to even have a child.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Do you stop being human if you get stricken with cancer, and are no longer a 'complete', healthy human?
Should your life be terminated if you are no longer a 'whole' person?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

Do you stop being human if you get stricken with cancer, and are no longer a 'complete', healthy human?
Should your life be terminated if you are no longer a 'whole' person?

i dont really see the comparisons here.

comparing a person with cancer to a zygote that has never taken a breath.
yeah, thats the same

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, I am.

But have you adopted already, and how many children are you caring for currently? I not questioning to to piss you off, but moreso for awareness and reflection.

Like I said lips service is all great on paper and forums, but when it comes down to actually taking care of multiple children for a lifetime the whole picture changes.

It's hard work and a complete lifestyle change, instead of living for yourself, you are living for the little people in your life, most people have a hard time understanding this these days.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join