It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Circle of Trust Network

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The ATS convention idea has been put on hold due to a lack of interest, it seems. Not enough people have been enthusiastic about it and signed their name. Maybe someday there will be one.

regs out...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Something you need to take into account. ATS is a conspiracy network and we are number target for hoaxs such as the infamous WITD. Think what could happen if ATS was hacked into and a list of members private details were taken?? always, this site is monitored by government agencies (Yes it is, a long time staff member did state it in a thread)

It could more dangerous then safe.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think I can understand the sentiment behind this, and it seems well-intentioned.

But I can't think of anything I value more on the Internet than my anonymity.

Frankly, I'm worried that I don't have as much anonymity as I think I have, and I think that's a healthy approach for most, if not all people to take online.

Aside from identity theft, there is an entire universe of negative things that can happen once your identity has entered circulation among strangers online.

Particularly in light of the nature of ATS, I think the current policies on this subject are as they should be.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We all have our own circles of trust, some work better than others.

Geometrically speaking a perfect circle cannot be represented as a "network".

Long live the higher purpose of ATS!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Think what could happen if ATS was hacked into and a list of members private details were taken?? always, this site is monitored by government agencies (Yes it is, a long time staff member did state it in a thread)

The trust network thing will never happen...

Weather or not the site is monitored by 'Big Bro", it think it has always been assumed that they are. It would be negligent on their part if they didn't.

As you said, having the site hacked, and user info stolen would be a very bad thing.
But as originally posted, no info would have been collected or stored anywhere, except in the Notary's head

I think it was miss interpreted that the list on ATS would be a list of members, that is not correct. It would have been a list of notaries you could U2U. Same as the list on the Forum page where all of the Mods are listed, or the 'who's online now' list of members.
As for anonymity, that would not change, because again, no info would have been collected or stored.

I think if anonymity was someone's biggest concern, then attending a convention would be out of the question as well.
Oh well...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you trust members on this site (like i do) then share information with them off ATS
create your own little trust network between your friends on ATS
that would prove better then an online database

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notme
But as originally posted, no info would have been collected or stored anywhere, except in the Notary's head

And how would this trust-worthy, memory storage enhanced notary get this information? Email? U2U? Are you catching everyone's point yet?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

And how would this trust-worthy, memory storage enhanced notary get this information? Email? U2U? Are you catching everyone's point yet?

"Everyone's point?" no not really. But it doesn't matter.
"Email? U2U?"
Actually if you read the whole thread, that was answered already.

Wow, someone kill this thread....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join