It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all CGI experts on Columbia shuttle explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

So this video is of question to me because this incident was apart of my childhood and made me think about how the footage,(if legit) would of been obtained. I have my own questions, as I'm sure others will too. But the main one, is to figure if the vid is legitimate. I know we have expert debunkers out there so please come out of your holes and blast this thing to kingdome come.

And a synopsis of the video for those who can't see it.
It's supposed to be a video of the crew members inside of the Columbia space shuttle, recording and reporting in 2 ufos. And right before they focus in on the ufos the feed gets cut, then it ends with a view of the shuttle in shreds, with more radio feed.

So I did try and use the search engine, and ironically it wasn't working for me, and yes I do know how to use it. Thought you guys might enjoy poking the holes in this story, good luck and let me know what you guys think.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Watching now but why disable comments?.
Instant Hhhhmmm for me.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry didn't know this was already proven hoax, next time ill be more careful and do some digging. Maybe there could be something done, so known hoaxers are easier known in the ATS community. Maybe have a list compiled of known hoaxers, if there is one could someone point me in that direction, so at least I won't make that obvious mistake again. And since my question was answered could this thread be deleted.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Sorry for the inconvenience thread was moved to hoax already

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
first off if i'm not mistaken Columbia was already in / or entering the earths atmosphere before it blew up.
second how did they get the shots of a shredded up Columbia?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Never mind. Thought the embedded video was the linked one.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i'm thinking this will make a great movie - bruckheimer maybe.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Watching now but why disable comments?.
Instant Hhhhmmm for me.

The video is from a known hoaxer YouTube channel. Many hoaxers disable comments so people can't debate or destroy the hoax in the comment section. Usually looking at the number of down-votes one can also tell whether something has any credibility or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

TheFakingHoaxer claims up front his work is CGI (you can even see the disclaimer in the linked video). YouTube is his online portfolio. He most likely disables comments so he doesn't have to constantly address the UFO crowd.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why is it a hoax? Look at the video of the ruined shuttle tumbling. Look closely at the debris around it. None of the pieces between :37 and 1:05 are tumbling.

Theres your sign…
edit on 6-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The audio is real. The video seems fake, but we do have satellites to get those images. I am going with the audio. Things get moved to hoax so quickly here.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 7/6/2015 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticulan

That is some awesome CGI.

It is getting harder and harder to tell whats real and whats not these days.

(for the CGI vid)
(for the fact that people use this stuff for hoaxes)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I get what you're saying and agree, but what I was talking about is the "DarkSkyWatcher74" YouTube channel that the OP used. It's a channel that produces or peddles other peoples' hoaxes.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

seems I was victim of the same assumption as Shamrock. Thanks BoneZ

top topics

join