It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei: Clarence Thomas is a "Clown in Blackface"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So a black man has to fall in line with what you and other "liberals" believe or hes considered an Uncle Tom or in Black face......

So a black president has to fall in line with what you and other "conservatives" believe or he's considered a Muslim Communist.....

Right?

It's damned shame that we still have to preface the term "president" with "black".

Why? Shocked the hell out of me. I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. I'm impressed.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It's not even that ... the real message I keep hearing here (aside from basic freakout over anyone saying something mean about a conservative icon) is that since some have accused Takei of racism and several of us have demonstrated how that isn't true, that similar charges of racism, even though the situation is completely different, isn't "real" racism either.

I'ts a recognizable point of belief with some people ... "There is no racism."

... just like the statements of belief that Justice Thomas has made on several occasions ... that with things like the NBA in place "racial imbalances aren't all bad" and even when Blacks were assigned to their own water fountains there was no real problem with that "it was still water in both." Oh, and my personal favorite, no one was talking about civil rights until AFTER the Civil Rights Acts were passed.

Perfect adherence to the party line; forget what such things say about the plight of his race.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I was pretty clear what I meant, and the only people I referred to were the Americans who were interred because of their Japanese heritage and their families.

Who are the "long dead people of a new defunct and defeated country" you're referring to?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It pretty much goes down as the "new way". Ignore the facts and say what may stick to the wall. Disgusting imo. George stood up for slaves. He had a personal insight on that. And then got shat on because he said something about a conservative. Yeah. That impresses me.

He didn't apologize for what he said about Thomas. He apologized for the way he said it.

Quite frankly, if the GOP doesn't get off of the "Martyr train" and actually put forth decent legislation, they are on the way out. Oh, and "They suck..." isn't a valid platform.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I was pretty clear what I meant, and the only people I referred to were the Americans who were interred because of their Japanese heritage and their families.

Who are the "long dead people of a new defunct and defeated country" you're referring to?

The issei and Nisei were interred by a leftist progressive and a conservative helped with trying to make amends. These facts, in and of themselves, invalidate the writer's position of racist conservatives.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
These facts, in and of themselves, invalidate the writer's position of racist conservatives.

No prob. We'll just go with the South then.
Or are they not "conservative"? I'm sure that can be spun.

Exactly:

ww2.hdnux.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

These facts, in and of themselves, invalidate the writer's position of racist conservatives.

Exactly:

ww2.hdnux.com...

The only falsehood is the false premise that only politically conservative people are racist. As I've pointed out before--there are racist jerks on both sides of the political spectrum--or is Jessie "Hymietown" Jackson not a racist? I bet that'll be spun.

edit on 5-7-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

... and a leftist progressive started the commission that investigated the situation and declared that the Government was wrong to inter Americans, and set up the reparation program, which CONCLUDED under Reagan. Essentially, Reagan sent out the checks that Carter wrote. But, don't let your rhetoric be confused by the facts.

You missed the insinuation that claiming that all modern Democrats believe in such practices as unfair interment is as ludicrous as claiming that all Republicans favor paying reparations.

Sorry if that was too subtle for you.

Still though, back to your other comment since you are trying to sidestep ... you're referring to the "Issei and Nisei" and I am referring to Americans (most of the folks interred were born here).

But, again, who are you talking about with "long dead people of a now defunct and defeated country"?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

My problem with many of the people who claim to be such vociferous conservatives are really anything but ... most are merely scions and parrots of what they hear on Rush, Beck, Fox, et. al.

My problem is that on average, about 80% of what is stated by these folks is either an outright lie or is a shallow attempt to argue semantics.

I'm more liberal than conservative, sure, and I can sound very partisan ... but more than hating conservative beliefs I hate dishonesty and lies.

/shrug

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

... and a leftist progressive started the commission that investigated the situation and declared that the Government was wrong to inter Americans, and set up the reparation program, which CONCLUDED under Reagan. Essentially, Reagan sent out the checks that Carter wrote. But, don't let your rhetoric be confused by the facts.

You missed the insinuation that claiming that all modern Democrats believe in such practices as unfair interment is as ludicrous as claiming that all Republicans favor paying reparations.

Sorry if that was too subtle for you.

Still though, back to your other comment since you are trying to sidestep ... you're referring to the "Issei and Nisei" and I am referring to Americans (most of the folks interred were born here).

But, again, who are you talking about with "long dead people of a now defunct and defeated country"?

If you knew about the internments, you would know that those terms are what they referred to themselves, natural born children and their parents, respectively. However, it is not surprising you didn't;'t bother to know that.

As for the other, it looked like you were going after that old saw for slavery reparations.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Perfect adherence to the party line; forget what such things say about the plight of his race.

... just like the statements of belief that Justice Thomas has made on several occasions ... that with things like the NBA in place "racial imbalances aren't all bad" and even when Blacks were assigned to their own water fountains there was no real problem with that "it was still water in both." Oh, and my personal favorite, no one was talking about civil rights until AFTER the Civil Rights Acts were passed.

The most disturbing part of all of this (at least to me) is that a man that is supposed to be interpreting law for everybody - is essentially a segregationist that believes rights are for an elite group of people (guess who) and that the rest of us should just go suck an egg

I hope his robe bunches up in all the worst possible places

ETA: excellent points - first things first. Even though I added it last :-)
edit on 7/5/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I've never seen anyone at any time make any statement that all conservative people are automatically racist.

That's just patently absurd.

I have however seen multiple claims that all liberals, Democrats, leftists, and progressives are lying, tyrannical, anti-American, communist d-bags.

Do you find that equally absurd?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

The most disturbing part of all of this (at least to me) is that a man that is supposed to be interpreting law for everybody - is essentially a segregationist that believes rights are for an elite group of people (guess who) and that the rest of us should just go suck an egg

I hope his robe bunches up in all the worst possible places

How is he a segregationist?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Exactly:

ww2.hdnux.com...

The only falsehood is the false premise that only politically conservative people are racist. As I've pointed out before--there are racist jerks on both sides of the political spectrum--or is Jessie "Hymietown" Jackson not a racist? I bet that'll be spun.

Deflection. The conservative way. Gotta stop that crap, accept responsibility for the past and make decent NEW policy. If you think that's going to play in 2016 you're mistaken. Liberals stayed away in 2014. They won't in 2016. FRT the only prez that didn't lose congress in our time was Clinton. Even Ronnie lost the House. My advice to the GOP is to be proactive. Gay rights and abortion is NOT proactive.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You offered two alternatives in the post I initially responded to ... the "Issei and Nissei" and the "long dead people of a now defunct and defeated country."

You can try to spin that I called these folks American citizens and thereby negated their cultural identity if you wish, but that's just specious BS.

You offered two groups ... I'm asking about the identity of the second. If you don't want to answer for some odd reason, good enough.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

By his own words, he believes in "Separate But Equal."

Surely you can do that math.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Exactly:

ww2.hdnux.com...

Deflection. The conservative way. Gotta stop that crap, accept responsibility for the past and make decent NEW policy. If you think that's going to play in 2016 you're mistaken. Liberals stayed away in 2014. They won't in 2016. FRT the only prez that didn't lose congress in our time was Clinton. Even Ronnie lost the House. My advice to the GOP is to be proactive. Gay rights and abortion is NOT proactive.

Where did I deflect? I have and have always pointed out that there are racists on both sides of the isle.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Can you point those words out?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You offered two alternatives in the post I initially responded to ... the "Issei and Nissei" and the "long dead people of a now defunct and defeated country."

You can try to spin that I called these folks American citizens and thereby negated their cultural identity if you wish, but that's just specious BS.

You offered two groups ... I'm asking about the identity of the second. If you don't want to answer for some odd reason, good enough.

I already said that. I thought you were going down the slave reparations route.

So it's wrong to reject the culture of "African Americans" but you simply discard that of Japanese Americans? How tolerant of you.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Can you point those words out?

People get bent out of shape about the fact that when I was a kid, you could not drink out of certain water fountains. Well, the water was the same.

Clarence Thomas and Brainy Quote

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join