It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children who say homosexuality is ‘wrong’ could be viewed as extremist threat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you read any of the actual document?

Do you understand the context of why these guidelines are in place?

If not, you really should; I think you'd find yourself on the other side of the "issue."

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The guidelines are still only general and open to interpretation, which is what is feeding the paranoia. i.e ijust says organisations such as ISIL when really it should just say what it means and say 'there is a need to target radical Islam and stop it's spread among youth'

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Gryphon66

PC is creating a society of polite liars.

... and PC is not limited to any political, social or religious faction.

Sadly.

I'm one for pissing off everyone in the political spectrum, so my opinions will just be, "Please don't shoot me, I'm sorry I thought differently than what I'm supposed to, I have a family, please don't kill me."

Interesting approach. I myself try not to piss anyone off (well, sometimes) but to dig down to the facts (which should transcend beliefs and biases).

Please don't me is probably more effective.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

(Maybe I should just reply as if "those" are already in power.)

*grovels*

You're absolutely right.

I couldn't agree with you more! You are so smart!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
From MY heterosexual point of view homosexuality is wrong. I find it as repulsive as pedophilia, beastiality and necrofilia. I respect homosexuals and certainly don't discriminate or treat them any differently and support and accept they should have the same rights as heterosexual couples but that does not change the fact I find their sexuality repulsive and that in my view is a natural part of heterosexuality. Flame on

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I love gay people and big government and high taxes.

(please don't shoot me)

SCORE: 1 out of 3

PC is creating a society of polite liars.

true

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'll be surprised if I make it to 2020 without going to prison for what I do. Welcome to the New World Order.

Guten Tag- I'd be curious on why You think You'll be incarcerated w/in the next 5 years? What is it that You do, that is illegal and warrants incarceration?

If You feel more comfortable replying via a U2U that is fine and because I travel in a "Free Will Zone" (gift from Hunab Ku) if You feel like NOT answering then that is fine too.

You do realize that part of the New World Order's manifesto is a lower world population right? Wouldn't this fit under that guise?

How about folks from the LGBT being able to adopt children? Wasn't part of the denying before the ruling due to the fact that they weren't married?

namaste

P.S. If You're some world famous person and want to keep Your anonymity than I certainly respect that. (I would promise to keep Your identity a 'secret' but this could work in Your favor if You disappear or get "railroaded".
I'm just curious on why You think You've done something illegal?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
From MY heterosexual point of view homosexuality is wrong. I find it as repulsive as pedophilia, beastiality and necrofilia. I respect homosexuals and certainly don't discriminate or treat them any differently and support and accept they should have the same rights as heterosexual couples but that does not change the fact I find their sexuality repulsive and that in my view is a natural part of heterosexuality. Flame on

Nothing to flame in that statement. As a homosexual I am as repulsed by heterosexual sex as you are homosexual sex. It's not what you think about it that matters, it's how you treat other people that does . In your statement you say you treat gay people with respect and as equals.

That's good enough for me

edit on 1-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

You can always trust the right wing Christian to make out this an attack on their rights and freedoms!

Now, removing the obvious right wing rhetoric from the bombastic reporting and selective translating of this by Conservatives...

This is about spotting radicalization, not "punishing" people who have a different belief or opinion about things.
Nowhere at all is it even suggested that Christian homophobes will be deemed "criminals" for their beliefs, that was added by you as a paranoid victim claim.

Like it or not, homophobia, racism, xenophobia and intolerance of others go hand in hand with fundamental religious beliefs, and that includes Islamic and Christian beliefs. You can claim that's not fair, but you would be wrong to attempt to claim that.

This has nothing to do with any moderate religious person, this is an attempt to prevent RADICAL religious people from indoctrinating children. I know thats a favoured tactic of the religious, in order to continue their breed of delusion in another generation, but fanaticism of all kinds needs to be stopped, regardless of the brand of delusion.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Moving to kz with the Wifey, it legal to own rpgs there still I think.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
What if homosexuality thinks children are wrong?

Only someone who had never had children of their own could ever think that.
So, are you saying that gays hate children?
If teaching some activity is sinful it is also wrong,
It doesn't mean they hate the person doing it or are any danger to them or their psyche.
This is going overboard like everything else these days.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Children who say homosexuality is ‘wrong’ could be viewed as extremist threat

The children? .... no way..

But their parents could be the instigators of tomorrows extremists,

Extremists who deny the freedom of specific individuals to live as they wish, and feel that various diversities from the established dark ages appropriation, is a shameful, less human way of life. Thus continuing the racism and unreasonable hate, in tomorrow societies.
edit on WedWed, 01 Jul 2015 21:28:53 -05001PMk000000Wednesdaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I love it when someone says "I don't mind gay people, I just find you all utterly repulsive."

Gee, thanks.

Yeah, there's no dissonance there.

I have a suggestion, which I have found to be fruitful ... stop imagining people having sex.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

*grovels*

You're absolutely right.

Yep, that's prime Beezzer right here. At least you're consistent!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz

What about the millions of heterosexuals who don't feel as you do? Why not just own your feelings as yours without trying to assign them as the standard for everyone else?

And, just curiously, are you equally "repulsed" by female same-sex acts as you are by males?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The guidelines are still only general and open to interpretation, which is what is feeding the paranoia. i.e ijust says organisations such as ISIL when really it should just say what it means and say 'there is a need to target radical Islam and stop it's spread among youth'

Perhaps people should also understand that the focus on "homosexuality" is ONLY in the Telegraph article ... I can't imagine why they'd want to emphasize that aspect of the guidelines.

/eyeroll

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I guess since they are having a hard time taking free speech from adults then they may as well take it from the kids. Take it while they are young so they will be easier to control later. Sick bastards.

Did you read the article?

Can you quote from same as to where the kids' free speech is being taken?

Its fairly clear in the article that folks will be listening. And you know how that goes depending on the adult doing the evaluation the smallest thing could be seen as extreme. As far as context its not like there is going to be much talk time about what Johnny thinks about homosexuality. Not like there is going to be a review of ideas about the subject in an open discussion context.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Did you read my link on the actual guidelines at the Ministry of Education?

The focus is NOT on homosexuality, as is presented in the OP (article).

However, the Brits are not as skittish about physical realities as we are ... I'm sure they actually would be open to having a discussion in class at the appropriate level.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

*grovels*

You're absolutely right.

Hands up, don't shoot.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

*grovels*

You're absolutely right.

Hands up, don't shoot.

From 30-40 yards away? Heckuva shot Brownie!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join