It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending of the world - Tsunamis begin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

and there begins the beginning of the end..

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There's already a thread here on this...but no it's not the end of the world
there has always been these types of disasters....there always will be, we're just much more populated now...

EDITED to add link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/26/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
7 years till 2012
7 years of Hell before armageddon, if you believe revelations.

I do. It's coming, 7 years of # and then......Hmm

7 years.....7 years. It is coming

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here come the sheep...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
It is coming

I don't think so....I do believe there is going to be earth changes, this happens periodically every so many thousands of years....... the earth remodels itself...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Something is happening, that is for sure -it might be the end of the world (and the beggining of a new one), but I don't think it will end with distruction of our planet - more the end of our "comfortable" world...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
Something is happening, that is for sure -it might be the end of the world (and the beggining of a new one), but I don't think it will end with distruction of our planet - more the end of our "comfortable" world...

Same here, and I for one am looking forward to it. Any change is a good change

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Geez, there seems to be an awful proliferation of the endtimes today.

Okay, you know what? If you base any of these end of the world predictions and interpretations on the Bible, then go back to the Good Book. You cannot know the time! The point is to stay prepared for any given moment.

There are terrible things going on in the world today. It is not the best of times, but it is not the worst of times either. There always have been periods when disasters seemed to foretell the end, but it doesn't happen. I can't wait to see what they come up with after 2012 when the world as we know it doesn't end.

As for 7 years, that reminds me of a prediction by few Catholic saints that Ireland would be spared the 7 years of Satan prior to the end. This would occur by the entire country being swallowed by the ocean. While the book reminds Catholics, that such predictions are neither endorsed or denied by the Church itself, it ends with a rather amuzing statement that should Ireland vanish, well, then you might want to start counting.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That is quite a bit of devistation. 6300 people gone in a 30 foot wall of water. Largest earthquake in the world in 40 years. This is a tragic day for those people, but I dont think it means the end of the world is coming. I do think that the earth is going to start swatting back at us more and more unless we find better ways to coexist with her. These natural disastors are becoming more and more regular now, and I believe they will continuee to do so untill we learn a lesson or two.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by chebob
It is coming

I don't think so....I do believe there is going to be earth changes, this happens periodically every so many thousands of years....... the earth remodels itself...

Unfortunately, dear mother earth isn't going to find what she needs at HOME DEPOT!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Unfortunately, dear mother earth isn't going to find what she needs at HOME DEPOT!

WTH are you talking about!? Who said anything about Home Depot, and why are you yelling?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Geez, there seems to be an awful proliferation of the endtimes today.
There are terrible things going on in the world today. It is not the best of times, but it is not the worst of times either. There always have been periods when disasters seemed to foretell the end, but it doesn't happen. I can't wait to see what they come up with after 2012 when the world as we know it doesn't end.

Ahh a voice of reason. I heard a very disturbing statistic not long ago...something like in 2000 only 1% of Americans believed that end times will take place in their lifetime, and as of autumn 2004 it was something like 20%...

Sadly, I even suspect some people are supporting those "leaders" they feel will help make this possible

These are scary times, and understandably, when (man made and natural) disasters take place, people feel a sense of fear or instability. Then they can best reason this with propehcies, which some may take symbolically and others literally.
I for one, do not believe the end of time is near, but perhaps an end of a time period, and then things will balance back out.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Could a very very large underwater nuke cause this damage and 8.9 rating?
the area effected is crucial in the war on terror, also nuke could be blamed on someone else causing WW3.

I know it is a far shot but good conversation.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
And if its not a fear or instability? Since when does it have to be the end of times, the killing of all humanity 2012? It doesn't indeed, because people know of this date, its world reknowned for Christ's sake.

Many that practice New Age, believe these Earth Changes are the cleansing of the Earth.

Tell me how that is fear, hell have of them don't even fear anything, like myself.

Its ludicrious, that Americans think it will be the end of times, but in a weird sort of way, the Admins are really pushing the limits. I wouldn't be surprised if 2012 wasn't the year, of anew, that sometime prior too it would be.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
``

How ironic is that... the christmas holiday tsunami

i've always heard that bad things come in three's
and thats only incident # 1

Q : [[ in scriptures, doesn't the earth 'swallow up' those
peoples which were pursuing the woman & child?
...now, theres a twist on the mystery-religion that
has taken & merchandised the christ-christmas/
winter equinox period...
as many that were swallowed up were european
& western or american holiday vacationers! ]]

i have sorrow for all tragedy there
'
'

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was waiting for the nutcrackers to come out on Christmas... same last year after the earthquake in Iran.. all saying the end is near!!

Gets really tiring to hear... read M. Crightons new book... you'll gain a better perspective. And if you really want the end to happen? take your own life and stay off the boards.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
And if you really want the end to happen? take your own life and stay off the boards.

Ok...I'm waiting here....waiting for that little red warn icon.......

Odd

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
there were worse earthquakes than that forty years ago, and we're still here.

stop being a bunch of reactionary sensationalist pansies, and go have a drink or something

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
what reactionary pansies?? ever heard of anything this scale happen before? it might have happened before but took with it ancient civilisations. that's what I mean by ending of the world, not that the world is going to explode and cease to exist!

Originally posted by ArcAngel
And if you really want the end to happen? take your own life and stay off the boards.

Jeez, very very bad post. you are recommending people to commit suicide?? sitting somewhere far off in the west might make you feel like this is really a small matter, but for those of us who are near here would know what we feel like. So take a look at that before recommending others to commit suicide.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
what reactionary pansies?? ever heard of anything this scale happen before? it might have happened before but took with it ancient civilisations.

Uhhh...yes!!! We had one last year

Date----------Location-----------Magnitude--------------Deaths
April 18, 1906------San Francisco-------8.3--------------------503
Aug. 16, 1906-----Chile-------------------8.6--------------------20,000
Dec. 16, 1920-----China------------------8.6--------------------100,000
Sept. 1, 1920------Japan-----------------8.3--------------------100,000
May 22, 1927------China-----------------8.3--------------------200,000
March 2, 1933-----Japan-----------------8.9--------------------2,990
Jan. 15, 1934------India------------------8.4--------------------10,700
Jan. 24, 1939------Chile------------------8.3--------------------28,000
May 21-30, 1960--Chile------------------9.5--------------------5,000
April 10, 1972------Iran-------------------7.1--------------------5,350