It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The water table is dropping all over the world as global drought approaches, NASA warns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Oh sure it is. Now Nestles is responsible for droughts around the world.
Is no conspiracy too crazy for ATS???
Nope not at all.
edit on 6212015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657nestle is a huge problem.....
hey the redneck.....I like your post.... I see it as big science doing it with haarp, like in Texas this spring and summer....they're up to something like affecting the new Madrid I suppose

but the water table has been dropping forever...200 years that I know of....mainly spotting maps from long ago of Colorado and texas....the lakes are shrunk to nothing what was an ocean almost on a map from 1800
edit on 21-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I am sorta hoping someone can come up with another piece of this puzzle to find out what mechanism is at work... I'm coming up with nothing new.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
yep, the Scripture states that this earth is wearing out like a garmet....surprised when I read that...a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper I have always believed that the water we have on this planet is the same water that was here when the Dinosaurs walked on this land or swam in or oceans. The water tables maybe low right now but the water is still here. It is just in places we usually look. The underground aquifers have just moved someplace else. Or the pockets that had been being used have shrunk. Some of the water is also in the form of vapor that is in our atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
That's what I usually think..I imagine desalinization must use a fair bit of energy. Only reason I can think that it's not a possible solution.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Nestles is not affecting the global water table. Just what we need is yet another natural global phenomenon to lament and feel guilty about. Like global warming.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here is a chart that might explain natural climate cycles in a better perspective. Climate affects precipitation which affects the water table.

The earth's orbit affects sunlight reaching earth, which affects water temperature and flows, which affects atmospheric Co2 levels, which increases earth's temperature, which affects precipitation and evaporation which affects the water table.

www.donsmaps.com...

edit on 21-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
10-4....I agree.....we shouldn't feel guilty, though.
this place is one big play stage and we respect it as our mother.....but there is one in control whom tells us truths.... i'm heavy into hacking those truths and how to go about life in light of them. all that maters is relationships and people....I love nestle....they're so huge though.....biggest multi-national company in the cosmos.
I guess I'm just a watchin 'em real close.....dang multi-nationals get me goin....a reply to: AutumnWitch657

edit on 21-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think it was back in the 1980's i first read about how water shortages and the control of rivers would probably be the cause of WW3.

Country or even State A dams river depriving country/state B or on many cases C,D and E of their water.

What happens next?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Water on the land eventually ends up back in the sea. When evaporation at sea precipitates over land as rain, this brine follows mountain channels and fissures down to the valley floor, and then transports towards the sea. Some of this rain sinks into the ground and finds its way into large underground caverns that store the water. This cycle repeats itself over and over.

However, man has been taking the water out of the underground natural storage areas (the aquifers) and due to changing weather patterns and systems, the rain has not been coming to replenish the storage. So, in times of surface drought, the aquifer water gets used far more rapidly, but it is a finite source, relying on rain to replenish it. If that rain does not come, the aquifer dries up.

Sea levels can rise, and are expected to do so, but the fresh water on land is not being replaced in certain areas around the world. Dwindling water is just one issue along with many many other issues that are going to beset mankind and animals over the coming years, things are going to worsen...and no, we don't have the technological clout to do anything about it. We need optimum climate to aid us, and currently climate is stumbling around like a groggy punch-drunk boxer.

Global rising temperatures causing de-glaciation will drive fresh water trapped in land ice to the sea, some of this will replenish some of the aquifers, but it will only be a temporary relief, it won't last. Eventually, people are going to have to move or migrate to areas where water supplies are still good, and that is when the problems really kick in.

We can deal with a lot of natural disruption, but when that natural disruption increases far and wide, and places resources required by man and animal in very short supply, or none at all, it will be like areas of catastrophe being left to die out with no aid in sight, or forthcoming. Migration will be the only option. What if the place you want to migrate to refuses you entrance and accommodation? What you going to do then?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
One of the positives in this in regards to global warming is that while it may be creating these extreme heat waves and droughts it's also responsible for massive rain events as we've seen lately. The warming of the planet creates more moisture and this will cause more heavy rain events in other parts of the world that aren't experiencing drought. Or massive relief to a drought like what we've seen in Texas.

Your assertion of warm air creates moisture is flawed. Warm air can hold more moisture but doesn't create it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
The real problem here is we are taking more water and trapping it..
imagine all the bottled water in the world, soft drinks, juices, tinned food, car radiators, central heating systems, swimming pools... The list is endless.
The more fresh water we trap the less there is in natural sources.. This will have a knock on effect.

Brilliant way off looking at and......Ya it makes sense. Good deduction poster.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

You misread. He said "the warming of the planet" not "warm air". Global warming does increase water vapor in the atmosphere. This was predicted and evidenced.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
California just uses too much water! They think everyone needs to suffer with them and the EPA agrees. They have had nothing but bad resource management for years with too many Green Peacers and tree huggers.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
NASA says...
just another govt agency and
another desperate try of fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

You misread. He said "the warming of the planet" not "warm air". Global warming does increase water vapor in the atmosphere. This was predicted and evidenced.

I said, that warm air can hold more moisture... if the atmosphere is warmer doesn't that include air. If the globe is warmer wouldn't the air/atmosphere that surrounds it be warmer as well?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

I said, that warm air can hold more moisture... if the atmosphere is warmer doesn't that include air. If the globe is warmer wouldn't the air/atmosphere that surrounds it be warmer as well?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Your future first family:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
water wars!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join