It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights In The Sky Over Greenwood, Indiana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro
After watching a few more vids and reading some of the users' supplied links (thank you ATS) I'm starting to get how this can be a totally natural occurrence.

Ice crystals (that are highly reflective) are aligned by the electrically charged clouds, which are made up of masses of smaller circular balls. As a result, these balls of reflective ice crystals create a beam of reflective sunlight that morphs and jumps from ball to ball within the stormcloud as the electrical charge surges around. The end result is like a really bright and surreal disco ball lit by the sun. Probably rare since the alignment to the horizon, brightness of the sun, and a ton of other factors.

Ironically this also seems a bit like what the military said they were using HAARP for in my limited understanding. Something about heated ionosphere to create a mirror to bounce satellite radio waves off of. I see why that angle is appealing to some.

So it's being debunked as ball lightning?? Anyone here an actual, college educated meteorologist, or?

Sundogs? Maybe, but the other halos and things are usually only associated with very cold, icy weather. As far as I know, it is summertime in Greenwood, Indiana USA...
edit on 21-6-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: eisegesis

That is very interesting, though I don't know why someone would come to the conclusion that it is HAARP related.

Because the guy who shot it ended up being interviews by those hacks Third Phase of Moon. Guess he didn't know....lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

it's fake.

their would just be more information circulating about this if it were genuine, it just looks fake to me, but whatever floats your boats.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Interesting lightning phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I thought this was fake at first since the video ended abruptly and I see no other videos present from other people, most with decent 1080p cell phone cameras now days... But I think it's actually real after seeing some other videos that are without question the same phenomena.

One post stated "I saw this video on the spaceweather web site. I guess it's a rare phenomenon in which the sun light is hitting a cloud and reflecting off it's surface, and as the cloud builds and moves, so do the sun beams.
".

I'm sure there is a logical and mundane explanation for it.. charged particles within an electric field due to lightning, changing position in unison as the field changes, creating the illusion of a single 'object' such as a light source or beam, cloud movements also affecting refraction and adding to the effect.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I'm not debunking anything, I'm just saying I think it could be possible that's it's a natural phenomena, and I was trying to openly analyze it here.

I think the sundog effects that I've seen posted on ATS are mostly associated with sunset along with a bizarre unknown combination of things to create a very bright mirror effect on the setting sun's reflection. I am an observer here too, asking questions.

I'd love some other awesomely inspired opinions as well. I got a popcicle for about 3 of you

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter
I thought this was fake at first since the video ended abruptly and I see no other videos present from other people, most with decent 1080p cell phone cameras now days... But I think it's actually real after seeing some other videos that are without question the same phenomena.

One post stated "I saw this video on the spaceweather web site. I guess it's a rare phenomenon in which the sun light is hitting a cloud and reflecting off it's surface, and as the cloud builds and moves, so do the sun beams.
".

I'm sure there is a logical and mundane explanation for it.. charged particles within an electric field due to lightning, changing position in unison as the field changes, creating the illusion of a single 'object' such as a light source or beam, cloud movements also affecting refraction and adding to the effect.

Hey, I was right back there. I was just guessing too. Yay for me. Give me stars please.

My Previous Post
edit on 21-6-2015 by Illuminatitechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
This could be a circular polarizing filter being turned in front of the camera.

Would be interesting to see if more videos surface, and look for any reports or 9/11 calls.

I do a lot of photography and, in my experience, I've NEVER seen a polarizing filter do something like that...Plus, they're usually blue and you'd see a clear delineation between where the filter is filtering and the rest of the image.

If it were that easy to pull off with a filter, there would be tons of these videos all over the interweb.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Interesting.

Back in my early days on the web I remember reading counts and claims of creatures that were described like basically gigantic atmospheric jelly fish.

Is anyone familiar with that sort of crypto lore?

Anyways, that's what this reminds me of...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There are several videos about leaping sundogs that pretty much mirror what you are seeing here.

Kinda rare, but not unknown, and pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There is phenomenal energy in the skies especially within clouds and weather systems. Too bad we haven't discovered ways to collect and/or use it.

Maybe other things have and are?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

There's a video from 2009, 2011, 2013, and now 2 from 2015. That's what I'd call a long con!
But what would be the payoff? What would be the purpose to fake all these videos and slowly release them over 6 six years?
To one day hopefully be interviewed by internet clowns like ThirdPhaseofMoon?

The information on these pages is pretty convincing -

amasci.com...

apod.nasa.gov...

Bad Astronomy -Amazing Video of a Bizarre Twisting Dancing Cloud

edit on 6 22 2015 by CosmicRay because: (no reason given)

edit on 6.22.2015 by Kandinsky because: fixed null link

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It probably is a cumulonimbus cloud and its outer surface of ice crystals can hold a static electric charge.

When placed in an electric field, the charges feel a force on them, and align themselves along the field.

Some of the ice crystals are bending light toward the camera, and when the field snaps they rearrange themselves.
link

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I don't know what to call them, I have seen a few in the past on other videos, mostly from Mexico. I am not sure if this one is the same type of phenomenon. It seemed to jump, but it was clearly reflecting the sunlight. Very strange.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Sundogs? Maybe, but the other halos and things are usually only associated with very cold, icy weather. As far as I know, it is summertime in Greenwood, Indiana USA..

These are cumulonimbus clouds and can be anywhere from 20,000 to 75,000 ft . Temperatures at those heights are well below zero.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Dang science!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think this has been debunked as a natural (yet strange) phenomena. Some people will continue to believe it's some kind of UFO though. It's not, it's light reflecting off of the cloud, the cloud is electrically charged and sometimes this happens. Not very common but natural nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: redtic

I wonder if it has to do with the confirmed existence of plasma tubes in our atmosphere...maybe we're seeing how they sometimes interact with storm clouds when certain conditions just happen to be perfect.

Here's the ATS thread on the plasma tubes.

Other than that (well, and even including that), I have no idea, but it's very interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
There is phenomenal energy in the skies especially within clouds and weather systems. Too bad we haven't discovered ways to collect and/or use it.

Maybe other things have and are?

Maybe the earth needs that energy, and if we harnessed and "took" it for our own uses, it would cause more damage than the use of fossil fuels could ever think of causing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join