It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights In The Sky Over Greenwood, Indiana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
On HAARP, if the USG can literally make it rain why is CA experiencing such a serious drought?

I would go with unknown weather phenomenon. Somehow the suns light seems to be interacting with the clouds. If there was a solid object beaming light around that would be a different story.

Either way it's definitely a WTF moment. If I saw this in person I'd be weirded out.
edit on 21-6-2015 by JeanPaul because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is the guy (Quaid) that filmed the video in question in an interview with thirdphaseofmoon.

BIG TIME!! H.A.A.R.P ACTION! UFO Sightings SCARY NEW VIDEO! 2015 SHARE THIS!!

edit on 21-6-2015 by imd12c4funn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Pauligirl

Thanks, that's some good info. It looks as though we're narrowing down the possibility of it being weather related. I just love how science tries to explain things without actually knowing how to. They are left scratching their heads as much as we are! Anyways, I'm going to toss them a bone for providing the first logical answer I've heard all night.

This is the video I was referring to on the first page.

Thank you for posting it!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: morebeer

oops.
My Bad.
interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: imd12c4funn
Here is the guy (Quaid) that filmed the video in question in an interview with thirdphaseofmoon.

BIG TIME!! H.A.A.R.P ACTION! UFO Sightings SCARY NEW VIDEO! 2015 SHARE THIS!!

Quaaaade!!!

That link is in the OP, but thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Whenever I see videos like this, I always listen to the reaction of the viewer.

I used to do this but I don't trust that anymore. He could be pretending some astonishment. When I look at the video, it looks like amateur special effects.. This is at first glance, not aware of such phenomenon. But what he posted seems to be spot on:

originally posted by: ufoofinterest
It's a real phenomenon. You can read the explanation here:

apod.nasa.gov...

amasci.com...

That could be it. My next suggestion would be the newly discovered by Australian undergrad plasma paths in the (strato)sphere. But certainly no Haarp lol, wasnt this going to be deconstructed
edit on 21-6-2015 by CollisioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is very cool phenomena and I have nothing to add really except that I was jumping up and down yelling at my wife and son that Greenwood, Indiana made the front page of ATS!
I live in Greenwood btw. As you can see it doesn't take much to excite me.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sometimes it's not easy to bend light, become invisible, or appear to be a fake cloud. Nope, it ain't easy being bbt...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Such a cool video. The guy filming it is not faking it to me, it's obvious. I have seen many of these phenomena posted on ATS before, and they tend to get called 'sundogs' or 'dancing sundogs', and they seem more common near sunset.

The thing that freaks me out a little is how fast the reflection 'shifts'... its like a mirror is reflecting the sun and is teleported laterally in an instant at the same time it changes angle slightly, so you see the light beam jump, then bend, then straighten back out. This effect gives the illusion of intelligent control I think to many people, hence all the UFO/HAARP comments on YT.

But then hardcore ATS members tend to know better

I think I need to read more about this phenomenon. Thanks OP for prying open my mind.

edit on 21-6-2015 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This could be a circular polarizing filter being turned in front of the camera.

Would be interesting to see if more videos surface, and look for any reports or 9/11 calls.
edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So it IS a thing...who woulda figured?
You learn something new everyday
GREAT thread OP...thank you

AND no CGI...Hooray for keepin' it real!!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Someone else on the same day captured this in Shelbyville, IL

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've read a lot of the post with links to "professionals" and some say for sure what it is while others say they are unsure until more can be learned about it. Which leads me to believe "they" still aren't 100% sure what this is. Furthermore, after all these years on earth why has no one ever noticed this before, why now?
I'm still not convinced that it's jumping sundogs, dancing clouds or any of that rigmarole, it sounds like a bunch of filler to me from science that has no real idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Great video if real. Have no idea that can be proved

However your last sentence...

Hopefully ATS can do what it does best and get to the bottom of it.

Couldnt be further from the actual truth. I have seen little evidence of anything be truly rectified or solved on ATS as of the last few years. So called experts are not here. Like god they are imagined to keep the belief alive.

Exactly. There are no experts here, only pseudo-skeptics who you will notice have never ever deviated from their opinions, the entire time they've been here. Not a single time have any of the usual suspects ever evolved their stance or opened up to different possibilities. Why? Because they aren't being paid to keep an open mind. Their mandate is simple; deny everything and call it a day with the "it's been debunked" tow line and wrap it up with "deny ignorance".

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Good find. I still say this is one of the oddest natural phenomenon I've seen - reminds me of the eye of Sauron darting around. Makes me wonder if this phenomenon is suddenly happening more frequently, perhaps as a side effect of all the wacky weather lately.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ok, science doesn't have an answer that's complete and certain enough for you. What does the woo crew have?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What do you mean why now? Just because it's a new thing to you, doesn't make it a new phenomenon to others..

Seems there have been reports of similar events as far back as 1885

forgetomori.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
After watching a few more vids and reading some of the users' supplied links (thank you ATS) I'm starting to get how this can be a totally natural occurrence.

Ice crystals (that are highly reflective) are aligned by the electrically charged clouds, which are made up of masses of smaller circular balls. As a result, these balls of reflective ice crystals create a beam of reflective sunlight that morphs and jumps from ball to ball within the stormcloud as the electrical charge surges around. The end result is like a really bright and surreal disco ball lit by the sun. Probably rare since the alignment to the horizon, brightness of the sun, and a ton of other factors.

Ironically this also seems a bit like what the military said they were using HAARP for in my limited understanding. Something about heated ionosphere to create a mirror to bounce satellite radio waves off of. I see why that angle is appealing to some.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That could possibly be the sun refracting off of the clouds as they are moving. I don't know though. You would think it would happen more if this were the case.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

If I saw this in action in real life I would totally be tripping out not knowing what to believe.

If this is HAARP or Project Blue Beam at work, then who knows what could be the expectant result from government experimentation.

Hopefully it is not CGI because if it was, then it was really well done.

I haven't read through the entire thread but I am with you...If it WAS CGI, then give him an award!

As a photographer, I don't see how that could've been faked. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that someone was several miles away from the guy who captured this and was messing with some sort of light beam in the sky.

S&F for an interesting thread (for a change!!).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join