It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights In The Sky Over Greenwood, Indiana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
Similar:

Good find!

A comment from the video...

I saw this video on the spaceweather web site. I guess it's a rare phenomenon in which the sun light is hitting a cloud and reflecting off it's surface, and as the cloud builds and moves, so do the sun beams.

There was also a similar comment posted related to the original video in the OP. It's not far fetched, but I'll have to investigate more.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

It is interesting. Probably some sort of unusual natural weather phenomenon. It does appear to be like a plasma but I would imagine it would require a cathode and an anode to produce such a "Jacobs Ladder" type arc effect.

I don't think it is CGI (just an opinion) if it is, it is very well done.

It also could be a sprite but it appears to be far too low in the atmosphere and of too long a duration.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yeah, if I had to lean any way, it would be toward a natural phenomenon, but that would certainly be one of the most unnatural looking natural phenomenon to exist.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It looked like the forces of light and darkness were duking it out in another dimension, the high energy beam must have been seeping into this plane.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Therein, the nature of the effect. Nice post.
There are more than these 2 separate videos that show the effect, years apart, however cannot find them.
Science wins this one.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Thanks, that's some good info. It looks as though we're narrowing down the possibility of it being weather related. I just love how science tries to explain things without actually knowing how to. They are left scratching their heads as much as we are! Anyways, I'm going to toss them a bone for providing the first logical answer I've heard all night.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Pretty interesting, but I'm almost positive this is a reflection of the sun off of cloud vapor. It pretty much follows the suns speed and if you watch the return of the light its pointing up into the clouds. The second vid the 3nd light almost horseshoes like a rainbow, it looks like its the same effect.

Very pretty though, wish I was on that boat.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Seems fake, like the guy's reaction.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Even more good info... Phil Plait to the rescue..

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over.

The video in the OP is even more drastic, but I think case closed, at least for me. Thanks for the mystery!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Hold your horses...

However, scientists admit that more research remains to be done to elucidate the physics of the electrical activity causing the effect.

+1 for HARRP!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Simple answer to what this is..Its the universe!!It has been under attack for a long time and now its fighting back.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Good find
Looks like a Lighthouse Type ufo orb. I've seen a red one do this on roughly ground leve.They seem to use this beam of light to communicate/attract other ufo orbs.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic

With the way the light is bending, almost flowing like water or plasma. No, i don't buy it. A good plant story to cover a video people probably shouldnt have seen. It's the same basic principle as a murder mystery. You put in a red herring, something that is so plausible and so easy to accept that you dont think past it. A "rare" weather pheonomenon is a wonderful excuse because most people will buy it and move on.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Seems like aliens are having some party.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo

Seems like aliens are having some party.

More like there funeral.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I dont know how to embed a video. Here is the link, a video from the same day 6-12-15 only in Illinois.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-6-2015 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

I dont know how to embed a video. Here is the link, a video from the same day 6-12-15 only in Illinois.

www.youtube.com...

Nice find! Simple answer to what is going on is god has woken up and is completly destroying evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It is interesting. Probably some sort of unusual natural weather phenomenon. It does appear to be like a plasma but I would imagine it would require a cathode and an anode to produce such a "Jacobs Ladder" type arc effect.

I don't think it is CGI (just an opinion) if it is, it is very well done.

It also could be a sprite but it appears to be far too low in the atmosphere and of too long a duration.

I agree with you simply because I don't really know.

"Mie Scattering

Scattering:
Light can be scattered.....redirected in many directions
We will consider two types of scattering that occur in the atmosphere"

Here is a link showing how the sunlight is scattered in all directions onto a cloud.

apollo.lsc.vsc.edu...

Respectfully,
EOS
edit on 21-6-2015 by EYEofSAURON because: .

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Looks more like his camera lens is bending/warping its reflection.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join