It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of the Red Haired Race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The Red Haired Race, ancient race of the Kings???

Many ancient rulers around the world had red hair, as did giants/skeletons that are dug up. The Nephilim?

www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The site has compiled a whole lot of rumors... and hasn't done any fact-checking on them.

Let's see..
Red hair doesn't make a "race." I've got brown hair and my brown-haired son and I are not of a different race than my black-haired spouse or my black-haired child. My father has black hair, my mother had brown hair and they're both Caucasian and not of a different race.

It takes more than hair color to make a different race (it's actually a sociopolitical division and not a biological thing but I don't want to do an anthropology lecture today.)

a) not that many rulers had red hair. In most cultures it's considered a sign of a curse and red haired children were abandoned or put to death. People from the north end of Europe tended to be more fair-haired than the rest of the population, but I can guarantee that rulers of China, Japan, India, Persia (with few exceptions), Greece, etc, etc, etc were not red-haired. Less than 1/10th of the English rulers had red hair.

b) Nephilim are mentioned rarely in the Bible and are not red-haired.

c) The Jews are not a race, but the members of their religion (where marriage and kinship were tightly controlled) came from the Mediterranean area where non-dark hair was fairly rare (not unknown, but rare.)

d) no "race" of giants have been found. A few unusually large human skeletons have been found -- similar to modern-day giants (Shaquille O'Neal is one, actually. Yes, I know he doesn't seem like a giant because we see huge basketball players all the time. But when your average man is 5'6" tall, anything two feet taller than that is a giant.)

[edit on 25-12-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
100% Agreed w/ Byrd.

As for red-haired Jews, they are really no more uncommon than other pale-skinned people with red hair. The Sephardic and Ashkenazic Jews of western and eastern Europe tend to be dark haired, while some eastern European and central Asian Jews have higher incidence of red hair. There's a theory that the old Jewish kingdom of Khazaria gave an influx of red-hair genes to the Ashkenazi as the refugees of Khazaria migrated into eastern Europe in the 1200's. The Khazars, although Jewish, were ethnically Turkic people who adopted Judaism in the 800 or 900's, if I recall correctly.

In societies where different genetic stock are mixing, the recessive genes tend to get overwhelmed by all the mixing.... however, some traits are determined by more than a single gene. Eye color, for instance, is still a bit of a mystery but seems to depend on at least THREE genes. Some studies have shown that in regions where a great deal of mixing has occurred, not brown but GREEN eyes tend to be more common.

It's all just genetic fluff, though, really. It takes only a few dozen generations to radically alter the descendents' appearance, especially when the breeding is aggressively selective. Just be happy with who you are and love thy neighbor

[edit on 25-12-2004 by Amet Khan]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the 1st red-haired race were nephilim, the result of the union between the fallen watchers & humans-- resulting in giants.

Ever see a Aztec painting of their God- quezacotal, ?? he looks like a large Viking with red hair in the flesh. He is also depicted as a feathered reptilian/ sepharim angel.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Awesome! I got red hair, I knew there was something special about me, I am a decendent of a forgotten race of gods. Awesome, just awesome!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm a ginge too, should I start swaying around in the royal robes.

Some folklore and facts about red hair.

Eastern Europeans considered a person with red hair to be a sign they were a vampire.

In celtic culture when a smith was forging a sword it was considered good luck to have a red haired boy pee on it as it was cooling down from the forge as it invested the weapon with magical/warlike properties.

There is a high incidence of red hair in celtic and germanic/nordic parts of Europe but the Romans description of all celts being red haired is misleading as they tended to lump red, brown and blonde hair all together.

If the first person who comes through your door on New Years day is red headed it's considered bad luck.

There's some speculation that the red haired gene is linked to neanderthals and if true is evidence of humman/neanderthal interbreeding.

Red haired men are less likely to go bald.

Famous red heads
William the Conquerer
Henry VIII
Elisabeth 1st
Winston Churchill
William Wallace
Boudicca
Eric the Red
Mick Hucknell
Maureen O'Hara

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Why are there so many red-haired runts? Just thought I'd ask.
And why are redheads so freakin stubborn?

My ex was a redhead- we fought all the time but she was so tough about it that the makeup sex to which you would figure we were entitled after such a fight usually didn't happen... unless "fark you, I was right" counts.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
As I understand it, red heads began as the result of aryan races (primarily the vikings) ravaging (or making sweet consensual love with) the women of other, darker races when they invaded, such as the celts. The Vikings were perfectly happy to embrace the redheads, and in some cases were preferable to them, the darker races however shunned them due to their viking heritage, hence the degree of superstition and folklore regarding them in negative aspect around Europe. The reason that many British kings (sometime after the Viking invasions) have been red headed is due to the influx of aryans into the aristocracy during the the raids, and the consequent aristocratic interbreeding kept the red headed gene alive and well. As I understand it the idea of Redheads as having a fiery temper is all superstition, and such cases are coincidence.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My Wife has Red hair, and she is Half-Irish and she has a temper like a Hellion lol. But shes also the kindest most loving person i know.
Some stereotypes are true, some are not.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
From what I have heard, the red hair on mummies isnt actually red, its reacting with the air/light and turn red. All part of a natural process.

I dont know where I've read/seen that though so I cant supply any link, I just remember it.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
From what I have heard, the red hair on mummies isnt actually red, its reacting with the air/light and turn red. All part of a natural process.

I dont know where I've read/seen that though so I cant supply any link, I just remember it.

Didn't they think Ramses the Great was a Red head at one point, ill have a look for a link when i get the time.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
nope, what about bodies that aren't mummies? Why wouldn't pigment change for everyone?

Originally posted by merka

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i hate to do this but im gonna have to argee with byrd on this one red hair does'nt make you a race a lot of people in the ufo forums me included
have been posting saying that different color-haired people are alien races i can agree the normadic theroy because of the witness reports to back it up but with all these theries now its hard to pick up on fact from fiction normadics have
witness reports to back them up!

now there are a real hobit rae discovered not dwarfed a seperate human species maybe this would be a better place to look for evidense?

[edit on 26-12-2004 by klain]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
As I understand it, red heads began as the result of aryan races (primarily the vikings) ravaging (or making sweet consensual love with) the women of other, darker races when they invaded, such as the celts.

Vikings ARE Celts, you know.

The reason that many British kings (sometime after the Viking invasions) have been red headed is due to the influx of aryans into the aristocracy during the the raids, and the consequent aristocratic interbreeding kept the red headed gene alive and well.

There's not that many redhaired aristocrats, even among the Irish. In fact, if this "fact" was true, you'd find a whopping bunch of redheads among the peasants because the nobles used to run out and tup any fair peasant maids they wanted. Lots and lots and lots of illeigitimate children.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Vikings ARE Celts, you know.

No they are not.

At any rate, I tried to find some links with my claim, but only ended up with some dubious links to red haired people... That wasnt on their heads.

Erhm, anyway, I suppose I hallucinated it or something.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

By ubermuncheThere's some speculation that the red haired gene is linked to neanderthals and if true is evidence of humman/neanderthal interbreeding.

Yes, a couple of years ago some researchers at Oxford said this due to what they calculated as the age of the gene:

Link

Researchers at the John Radcliffe Institute of Molecular Medicine in Oxford were quoted by The Times as saying the so-called "ginger gene" which gives people red hair, fair skin and freckles could be up to 100 000 years old.

They claim that their discovery points to the gene having originated in Neanderthal man who lived in Europe for 200 000 years before Homo sapien settlers, the ancestors of modern man, arrived from Africa about 40 000 years ago.

"An explanation is that it comes from Neanderthals."

Then a year later some other Scientists rubbished the idea saying the gene was only 20,000 years old, but even that's not completely proven:

Link
...If the Edinburgh team are right, and the redhead gene originated only 20,000 to 40,000 years ago, it may kill off a theory that emerged last year - that the red-hair gene originated in the Neanderthals.

The idea was based on a claim that the gene was at least 100,000 years old and so may have been present before modern man left Africa. To pass into our DNA, our ancestors would have had to have interbred with Neanderthals - an unfashionable theory among the experts in human origins.

"There's not much evidence for it," said Prof Rees. While the Edinburgh team are investigating the purpose of colour, a team in Paris are helping to explain the purpose of hair.

There's some interesting information on the research into the gene in that last link.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Have you people been reading the Area 51 novels by Robert Doherty? The ancient masters of mandkind, the Airlia, were tall and had red hair.

But anyway, I don't like talk of how people with certain features are desendents of a superior alien races. Besides being fairly unscientific, it stinks of racism. So are the peope who don't have red hair or blue eyes, the plain humans, inferior to those that do?

And why is it that it's always the caucasians or europeans that have the features of a superior alien race? Why is it always light hair and light eyes? It's always the northern europenas and celts too. You never hear anyone talking about dark skin and dark hair being traits of a lost superior race (aka, better). This stuff is too Thule Society for me.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
true nephilim, (giants referred to as caveman, etc..) were the direct descendants of the fallen angels-- some call them annukai?

Tribes such as Titans, cannites, etc..

Hitler knew the true aryan super race were red hair, blue eyes, but as someone stated above, red hair has trickled down thru the ages, it doesn't apply to people now that they are superior.

Someone mentioned Celts,, Irish legend has it that the Viking invaders had ships that flew thru the air. hmmm

Ancient people believed in the divine right of kings, and these offspring of the fallen ones, since sumeria , ruled over various people & cultures.

Why do you think many people instinctly have a sort of built in distrust, fear, or in some cases attribute red hair to a superior status.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This sums up that entire site:
"The "Lebor Gabala Erren" ("The Book of the Taking of Ireland" or the "Book of Invasions") , compiled during the 12th century A.D. describes the coming of the mysterious Tuatha de' Danann or Tribe of Danu. They were apparently tall, blond or red-haired strangers".

Red Hair and Blonde hair are totally different looking. I guess there is a Blonde Hair race too? Then there has to be a Black Hair race, Brown Hair race. Straight Hair race, Curly Hair race. Etc.... They base their entire site off one superstitious lore, story, made by some ancient writers in medieval times. Good for noting, but not wasting anymore time on.

Where Red Hair, and all other genetic traits come from:

Ever hear of a guy named Punnit? He made the Punnit Square. A map of how dominate and recessive genes behave.

Also:

If you have 1 million "Aryan", "white", "Caucasian" men and 1 million "Aryan", "white", "Caucasian" women. And they shag over and over for 1 million years... You will never ever see a jet dark skin kid produced. You will never see a kid produced that has red hair, blonde hair, etc... etc... unless the parents outrightly has those traits.

IF you have 25 "black", "negro", "negroid" men and 25 "black", "negro", "negroid" women. And they shag over and over and over for 50 years.... you will end up with every single type of human variation. Red hair, eyes with the epicanthic folds (Asian eyes), dark skin, light skin, tan skin, blonde hair, brown hair, black hair, etc.

Red Hair comes from the same place as all other genes, black hair, brown hair, blonde hair. From whoever the first human husband and wife were. They had to have all the dominate traits, and the recessive traits. They were dark skinned, avarage height, epicanthic folding eyes. Like attracts like. So when they had kids, grandkids, great grand kids, the offspring that looked most alike mated and had more like looking offspring. Which migrated. "Ow this sun hurts! Let's go north instead!" "ok honey.".

I put "black", "negro", "negroid", and "Aryan", "white", "Caucasian" in quotes because there's no such thing. Magazine Discover Magazine had an issue 5 or so years ago called "Race What Is It Good For". Showing biologically we're all one race. Human race. A Zulu can have same blood type, tooth pattern, and other patterns as a Scandinavian. Aryans come from north Iran people who migrated to eastern and northern Europe becoming the Germans. Who spawned the rest of the Europeans.

Caucasian is actual people. Some social scientist traveled to the caucasious and thought the people there looked soo beautiful, and gay, and sexy, and lovely, that when he came back to civilization, he decided the "white race" should be called caucasian.

How can there be a black race if there are Europeans darker than Africans? Asians darker than Europeans and AFricans? Natives from the Americans darker than Europeans and Africans? If basketball player Barkley is black then what about Asians, Indians (from India), who are as dark and darker than him?

Labels, labels, everywhere!!! Many of them mean garbage! It used to be people were called by where they were from. "There goes a Moor!", "There goes an Indian!", "There goes a Visigoth!", "There goes a Roman!", "There goes a Mongol!", "There goes a Celtic!", "There goes an Aztec, Inca, Toltec, Maya, Olmec!".

Red hair isn't a race. Bible NEVER says Nefilim have red hair. Never talks about anyone having red hair in the Bible. Post where? There is no part. Red hair is a very, very, recessive biological, genetic, trait. Red hair does take longer to turn grey and white, and to fall out. Red hair women are very sexy!

[edit on 26-12-2004 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sorry Knightmare but I'm most definitely going with Byrd on this.......there is absolutely "no" evidence to what your stating at all....there is no way for anyone to know who had what hair color and even if they did...that would be like saying all of us with black hair are demonic....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join