It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache
a reply to: Cuervo

Oh believe me,regardless of his ties to any organization,this will be seen as simple as it APPEARS:white racist folk killing black church folks...and the street will burn....

Nah, I don't see that happening here.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh believe me,regardless of his ties to any organization,this will be seen as simple as it APPEARS:white racist folk killing black church folks...and the street will burn....

Then both Black and White community leaders better get started defusing this very dangerous situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

this is the same place that cop shot the black guy in the back. So they might burn the streets to the ground.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

this is the same place that cop shot the black guy in the back. So they might burn the streets to the ground.

I work with someone who was family to that man.

I don't see them burning anything here.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Black people are saying the cops should have shot and killed the guy who turned out to be an innocent photographer.

Some black people are.
Or did white people shoot up the church?

Broad strokes are broad.
Agree it is horrible, just feel we should differentiate.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I work with someone who was family to that man.

I don't see them burning anything here.

Good,, I hope you are right.

link   

originally posted by: canucks555
I know assumptions don't get much love here,
But this shooters appearance fits a particular profile that we've seen before.
Seriously (coming from a thin white guy) - why are so many of the US mass shooting perpetrators skinny white guys??

better shots than others?
more training?
it is not for a lack of effort on others parts though
a clean shaven racist white guy will stick out like a sore thumb around there

link   
Pretty sad all around, nobody deserves to be snuffed out of existence like this

But knowing SJW opportunists...Anyone wanna place bets on a resulting riot somewhere, regardless whether or not the shooter is shot dead or taken alive?

< glances at clock >

I figure within 48 hours at most.

Edit: I mean a riot over whatever someone can come up with regarding this shooting, in any given state.
edit on 6/17/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: humanityrising
Really hope this isn't spun into a racial issue...that is unless they actually find KKK paraphernalia in his house or something...

A white male allegedly walked in and killed 8 black church goers..
Additionally: "Emanuel AME is the oldest black church south of Baltimore. Played an important role in abolition & civil rights"

How else can it be spun other than a racially motivated attack?

Without any facts that assumption could be considered racist in itself. You might be right and probably are but we'll have to wait and see. The impulse behind my reply was that I just hate racial tension and really didn't want this to be more fuel on the fire. It's already tense enough as it is. It bothers me that many in this country think you are racist if you are white.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Exactly what i was about to write.They need to get in front of the situation fast,because,not to fearmonger,this could turn really really ugly....people are going to let their emotion run wild on this one(church goers man,you dont go around killing church goers)...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is the church:

Here is a victim being removed from the scene:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am hearing the rumor is the Pastor was among the casualties, but not confirmed. I would think we would have heard if true.

link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
Without any facts that assumption could be considered racist in itself. You might be right and probably are but we'll have to wait and see. The impulse behind my reply was that I just hate racial tension and really didn't want this to be more fuel on the fire. It's already tense enough as it is. It bothers me that many in this country think you are racist if you are white.

I 100% agree with you which probably didnt come across but it's hard to spin it any other way some times.
What's scary is how so many people are going on a witch hunt already..Imagine if that guy the police found was rather found by a mob looking for the suspect.

link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thats what I see on a Twitter post:
EVODE ‏@Evode7 3m3 minutes ago

A white terrorist believed to be in his 20s apparently went into a Black Church and started shooting. About 8 people dead. #southcarolina

Annoying how everything is 'terrorist' related now. Can't just be a crazy guy anymore, everything must be terrorism.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I wonder how the jade helm spin on this will go....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
People are flipping out that the cable news networks are not covering this.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
People are flipping out that the cable news networks are not covering this.

I don't have enough give-a-crap about my idiot box to bother turning it on & trying to remember what channels are the cable news, but SERIOUSLY? How is this not breaking on one of them yet??

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ya CNN, Fox and MSNBC got nothing...

Very sad indeed.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Helicopter is still circling. They are keeping everyone out of the Marion Square area.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Its on CNNs website but not the main story and I'm seeing CNN Twitter posts nothing from FOX news at all so far....Someone said MSNBC is reporting on it now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join