It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Franklin Graham's Anti-gay Banking Protest Backfires

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yesterday, Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) announced on Facebook (one of the most gay-friendly organizations in the world) that he's pulling all of his empire's millions out of Wells Fargo accounts and called on Christians across the nation to boycott companies (like Well's Fargo) that run ads depicting same-sex couples, saying these companies "promote sin against Almighty God's laws and His standards".

Source (Video at link)

He apparently didn't do a background check on the bank he moved his millions to, however. BB&T (the new bank), is a platinum sponsor of Miami's Gay Pride Parade, not to mention they honor gay couples who've been together long term, and the South Beach branch fashioned a "chapel" inside their bank so that gay couples could get married there.

Rachel Explains the Outcome Best in this three-minute video.

This is the ad Graham was so incensed about...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What a lovely ad

I really wish some would live and let live.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here's what I don't understand....

Why get your panties so twisted over things that do not have any effect on your personal life?

It's pretty simple. Don't like gay marriage? Don't have a gay wedding...

It's not that hard.

ETA: That commercial made my eyeballs water

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I was thinking of leaving Wells Fargo - in my dust if possible :-)

That ad is enough to make me want to stay a bit longer - guess that's the power of (seriously) good advertising

Amazing ad - too bad for Frankie. It's always sad when people can't recognize lovely and right when they see it. Maybe God will explain it all to him when he gets to heaven

Rachel always makes me smile :-)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

He apparently didn't do a background check on the bank he moved his millions to, however. BB&T (the new bank), is a platinum sponsor of Miami's Gay Pride Parade, not to mention they honor gay couples who've been together long term, and the South Beach branch fashioned a "chapel" inside their bank so that gay couples could get married there.

That's just hilarious. I don't care who you are.

It couldn't have happened to a more shining example of the bigoted and greedy Christian right in this world.

edit on 6/11/2015 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 6/11/2015 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Isint it a sin to make profit on money?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Must be something in the wind... only today we had a 'christian' couple state that they will get divorced after 10 years of marriage, should same sex marriage be allowed down here.

Suffice to say, pretty much everyone is "umm, so what?" and it's just been laughable. Not to mention, when it was put to the guy that legally, divorce requires that they are separated for 12 months and there is no chance for their marriage to continue for divorce to be legal, and they have publicly stated that they will still continue to live together, he stammered and sounded like a complete twat.

A Canberra couple have vowed to get a divorce, ending their "sacred" 10-year union, if Australia allows same-sex couples to legally marry.

Nick Jensen and his wife Sarah believe widening the definition of marriage to include same-sex couples threatens the sacred nature of the union and leaves the door open to polygamy.

The Christian couple have been happily married for over a decade, have no intention of separating and hope to have more children. For all intents and purposes they have a healthy marriage.

Couple to divorce if gay marriage allowed

On the flip side, this was the a pretty good response

Gay couple threaten to not give a S*** if other couple divorce..

Stupid stupid world...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

That's a great story! Of course, they're free to abandon the vows they made to each other... I guess this just shows how gay marriage DOES affect straight marriage, huh? LOL! It makes "real" married people go against their religion to live in sin!

It's my opinion that if they're willing to ditch their marriage so easily, their marriage may not be that "healthy" after all... Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater... That's like if I LOVE to eat a particular sandwich, but then I see someone I HATE eating the same sandwich, I throw mine away. LOL!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: sn0rch

That's a great story! Of course, they're free to abandon the vows they made to each other... I guess this just shows how gay marriage DOES affect straight marriage, huh? LOL! It makes "real" married people go against their religion to live in sin!

It's my opinion that if they're willing to ditch their marriage so easily, their marriage may not be that "healthy" after all... Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater... That's like if I LOVE to eat a particular sandwich, but then I see someone I HATE eating the same sandwich, I throw mine away. LOL!

Haha yes. I also did noticed some comments stating that it could be a ruse due to their marriage being less than perfect.
Who knows what does go on in the minds of people who are so extreme, though.

It's absurd.. but at least they're only going to make themselves suffer, and they're not doing anything horrid to any one else. God may smile down on them and make them hear fuzzy warbles, but it's a lot better than banging on protesting everywhere with disgusting slogans and abhorrent vitriol.

Sadly, they'll most likely never get that far for anyone to see the outcome. In terms of the political atmosphere here, the politicians are archaic backward dinosaurs that have sticks firmly up their backsides - no pun intended. In many controversial subjects too, even I've had the misfortune more than once over the years of dealing with them and being met with stubborn obnoxiousness... God has his loyal servants in parliament down here, for sure :/

Yet we can have television shows like "Married at first sight" about strangers getting married on the spot... no one bats an eye..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Seriously, if an ad makes you want to continue doing business with a corporation you otherwise can't stand, you make poor decisions. It sounds like you either want to stay with the bank out of spite, or laziness. I missed the part where this guy's gesture backfired though. The bank he moved his money too publicly stated they don't endorse homosexuality. Seriously, that was their comment when approached by the media about this. Look it up. People be like "live and let live," but when someone does something like this where does that attitude go? Why do people care about the sex lives of others? I don't know. Why does anyone here care about where this guy stores his money?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yaas! Our secret Gay-Agenda mind control techniques are working.. our Gay Mutated Genetics are gaining in power, soon we will have our own X-Men group

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

OMG can I be a sidekick? Gay boy?.
Why isn't their gay superhero movies? lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

Why get your panties so twisted over things that do not have any effect on your personal life?

It's not that hard.

ETA: That commercial made my eyeballs water

Honestly, I've concluded that a lot of people who loudly bash LGBT issues are doing it either to divert attention from their own LGBT fantasies or simply to gain money from gullible bigots. A lot of well known anti-homosexual bigots have turned out to actually be homosexual or bisexual themselves.

I also have a theory that they need to keep LGBT lifestyles stigmatized and/or illegal in order to keep their secret lifestyles "safe" & hidden. But once it's legalized & non-stigmatized, their other partner(s) can legally demand equal social benefits, social recognition (like marriage), inheritances, etc. It's the same thing many people did when interracial marriage was illegal. They'd have interracial families on the side but would use the "it's illegal/it'll cause trouble" angle to keep their partners/families hidden.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

What a lovely ad

I really wish some would live and let live.

It is a lovely ad, from another despicable money changer.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm atheist, so I do not support this.

But, here's why. Some Christians believe 100% that gay marriage, even allowing gays legal rights is a sign of the End Times. They really believe they are trying to save the world from destruction by an angry God.

It is what it is, sadly

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How many of those same people ignore what their teachings say about divorce & adultery too? If they're going to use religion to back their argument, they should follow all of its teachings on marriage.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Annee

How many of those same people ignore what their teachings say about divorce & adultery too? If they're going to use religion to back their argument, they should follow all of its teachings on marriage.

That might actually affect them personally.

Heaven forbid.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Seriously, if an ad makes you want to continue doing business with a corporation you otherwise can't stand, you make poor decisions. It sounds like you either want to stay with the bank out of spite, or laziness.

Step back - maybe get a sense of humor

People be like "live and let live," but when someone does something like this where does that attitude go?

Then, show a little follow through while you're at it

edit on 6/11/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm atheist, so I do not support this.

But, here's why. Some Christians believe 100% that gay marriage, even allowing gays legal rights is a sign of the End Times. They really believe they are trying to save the world from destruction by an angry God.

It is what it is, sadly

But you and I know... secretly they are hoping and praying for the wrath of god to come down on us heathens, as it is written in Revelations.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good For Wells Fargo...Although I hate the bank....arg...but. now. I. might. keep. my. money. there. longer! (dramatic painful pause between each word)

love that commercial!

Editing to add. Sure you can protest gay marriage by moving your money to another bank all you want...but he was pretty stupid there. LOL
edit on 11-6-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join