It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Concealed Carrier Shoots Knife-Wielding Robber In Houston

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, don't think so anyway.

I've always been an enthusiast. I was about six, maybe younger, when my dad, very carefully, introduced me to firearms. With this warning:

"I ever see you, or even think you are, treating these like toys, you are in more trouble than you'll ever see again." My grandfather said much the same thing, only a bit more, shall we say, pungently... "If you *bleep* around with these, I will *bleepin'* beat your *bleep*.

The message was well received... Fear will do that

For as long as I can remember, I've been around firearms of all sorts. Mostly they were tools. Anti-snake tools when out helping my uncle bale hay, or deer hunting/pheasant hunting. Or, the one I hope never to have to use that lives in my desk drawer, loaded ready should I ever need it. God forbid.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The best gun owner is the one who hopes to never use it, but ready and trained if they do.
edit on 10-6-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

..and she took his life.

Did you read the story? Or Just take off on a uninformed rant?
What should she have done? Just give him the money, right? What if he ordered her to drive to a secluded spot so he could rape, then kill her? She should have just went along with that too? Tell ya what, you keep your victim mentality and I'll keep my .45. I think she did an excellent job. You jump in to a car with a knife, you take your chances. Unless it's some anti gunner....then you're safe.

The bad guy had to be life-flighted to Texas Medical Center due to blood loss, but they were able to stabilize him and he will be facing charges of aggravated robbery.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It might do for you to remember that the shootee was the criminal, not the shooter.

Not in the minds of anti gunners. The poor, misunderstood criminal was right on the verge of turning his life around. He was going to use the money he got from the lady to buy books and pay his tuition. He was a Good Boy who just made a bad decision. He was on his way to sign up for college.
Did I get all the pathetic excuses right?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just for comparison - MSRP: $543.41
www.taurususa.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
at a distance of less than 2 meters knife faster gun, so he did not want cut. even without a photo I can say she not en.m.wikipedia.org... 90%, if not in prison 100%
edit on 10/6/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: aeonminder
a reply to: ItalianDressing

You could not be further from the truth. "Everyone in Switzerland", does not walk around with a firearm. All Swiss residents have been through rigorous, compulsory military training as part of growing up - and have been TRAINED to use a firearm in case of emergency. This firearm is never carried in public and must be SECURED within the resident's home at all times. This is because the Swiss don't really have an "Army". Each member of the public is expected to defend the country IF it is invaded.

Ever been to Switzerland?
They have a low crime rate because of the high standard of living and the rehabilitation they offer to offenders while incarcerated.

But whatever. Give everyone a gun and let your God sort them out.

Yes, and you can get a CCW there as well and a lot of people do CCW and people carry their militia weapon in public all of the time, unloaded, to sporting events and such.

Private weapons are about as easy to get and use as the US--even more so than some places to get in the US. You need a pistol purchase permit, but not one for long arms, and you only need a background check if you are buying from a dealer, also like most places in the US.

The Swiss is a homogeneous society where civic duty is taught from infancy--therein lies the low crime rate.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Glad this woman protected herself, and also glad the criminal didn't end up dead.

Sounds like a win/win situation to me. Nobody is dead, a woman goes home safe, and a criminal (eventually) goes to prison.

I don't see the issue here!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

It might do for you to remember that the shootee was the criminal, not the shooter.

Not in the minds of anti gunners. The poor, misunderstood criminal was right on the verge of turning his life around. He was going to use the money he got from the lady to buy books and pay his tuition. He was a Good Boy who just made a bad decision. He was on his way to sign up for college.
Did I get all the pathetic excuses right?

You forgot how the white man is keeping him down. Or or...that she was inviting him to jump in the car because it was un locked and he thought she wanted to give him a ride.

Ok. i have had this happen to me before.Dude just jumped in. He looked un armed. i was calm too cept all i had was my box cutter from work in case the moron tried something. he wanted a ride down the street. i took him down there,when he got out i pulled the cutter incase he tried to snatch the keys. he saw my hand with my cutter drawn and locked open and left instead. It might not had been a gun i had but im very skilled with it. Always lock your doors people. No exceptions.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You know who else needs guns black folks like back in the good old days black panther style

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: projectbane

I compare gun rights nutters to Abusive brutal cops in the US. they are all from the same bag. No idea how to deal with a situation without their trusty firearm. Useless with out it!! and full of bravado with it!!

...and what, pray, would you have your significant other do in this situation?

Give 'em the money, and hope for the best?

Hate to break it to you, but that wasn't bravado. That was courage. There is a profound difference.

Your post reeks of "blame the victim". It might do for you to remember that the shootee was the criminal, not the shooter. She was minding her own business, when the shootee decided he'd be all scary and stuff, and rob the little woman with his big bad knife. Too bad she had a tool with which to protect herself, huh? How dare she protect herself.

< snipped out needless personal attack >

So, if any of you read my post I did say GOOD FOR HER. However, my main point was that only in the states do you people rely on guns. Without them, like YOUR police officers you can't and dont know how to handle a situation that requires any kind of diplomacy.

I was not condemning this individual woman for her actions I was stressing that only in the STATES do you have such people who are stumped when no firearm is at hand. Rampant in meds for every conceivable mental anguish such as depression to ADHD the whole US society is one that is nonfunctional at its base core.

Every other western country has guns banned (except canada) but they dont have permission to carry them around. So these other countries citizen have to learn to deal with life using something else besides their gun.

You're precious second amendment is their to form militias etc against tyrannical governments YET you guys over there who complain about government ruining your country and taking away your constitutional rights are too afraid to fight back against them. Which you would lose anyway but at least try.

Now its all about so called protection on the streets and home for why you love your guns. All such BS.

What sort of diplomacy is useful for a woman facing a knife-wielding man jumping into her car?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3Yes sure, and I carry a 45 because they don't make a 46. Good for her.

You can always get The Judge revolver and have some .410 shotgun shells at your disposal

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbaneThe vast majority of the world would not agree with that. In fact ask any nation your country has wanted oil, drugs or money from...what happened? You attacked them with firepower. And as your government was voted in by you the tax payers and voter that actually means the majority

What an ignorant comment to make. Someone's government is not a reflection as to what their individual citizens want...and that goes for any nation. Not all Chinese adore their government's philosophy and actions. Not all Canadians like their government and its actions. Not all Venezuelans adore their government or its actions. That goes for...well, the entire world.

To equate a citizen's philosophy to that of their government's is asinine, and if that's how you form your opinion of a nation (which, btw, is full of individuals, not like-minded robots), then your assessment of people is very lacking.

The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of Americans don't want to shoot people we disagree with--whether you want to accept that or not is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I compare gun rights nutters to Abusive brutal cops in the US. they are all from the same bag. No idea how to deal with a situation without their trusty firearm. Useless with out it!! and full of bravado with it!!

Really? In 1992 I worked in a convenience store four nights a week and as an armed guard the other three. One night at about 3 AM I got a weird phone call. I went to my car and brought my pistol in to the store. About a half hour later, I saw a man out at the gas pump acting strange. I was reaching for the phone to call the police when he came into the store, pulled a butcher knife and told me to empty the cash register. Instead of doing as he asked, I pulled my pistol and told him to drop the knife. He dropped the knife and pissed his pants. I called the Police and then the store owner. When the owner showed up I was told to go home. Just after I got home, I got a call from the owner telling me that I had been fired for having a weapon in the store. The owner also dropped the charges against the guy who tried to rob me.

A few months later, the same guy, robbed, beat and tried to rape the girl who replaced me. Maybe I should have been a little trigger happy.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

...However, my main point was that only in the states do you people rely on guns. Without them, like YOUR police officers you can't and dont know how to handle a situation that requires any kind of diplomacy.

I was not condemning this individual woman for her actions I was stressing that only in the STATES do you have such people who are stumped when no firearm is at hand. Rampant in meds for every conceivable mental anguish such as depression to ADHD the whole US society is one that is nonfunctional at its base core.

Have you even looked at the statistics for people who have concealed-carry permits, let alone even exercise that ability on a daily basis? My guess, judging by your unfounded comment, is that you have not bothered to look at any statistics, and instead rely purely on hyperbole and inaccurate perceptions of our culture (although I don't disagree with your claim about over-medication in the U.S.). I know plenty of people in my circle that can easily defend themselves with their hands, a knife, a gun, a stick, or whatever they have available.

You're welcome to come over to the States and see if you like--please, come visit here and start a fight with your fists and see what happens...odds are, that person will not have a gun on them, and will still defend themselves (winning the fight is another matter altogether).

Every other western country has guns banned (except canada) but they dont have permission to carry them around. So these other countries citizen have to learn to deal with life using something else besides their gun.

You're precious second amendment is their to form militias etc against tyrannical governments YET you guys over there who complain about government ruining your country and taking away your constitutional rights are too afraid to fight back against them. Which you would lose anyway but at least try.

Now its all about so called protection on the streets and home for why you love your guns. All such BS.

Yeah, you just don't get it at all, but keep coming up with your ignorant comments based on nothing but assumptions. It really reflects well on you.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Well what I have to say about this find...

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

I don't see you mentioning A H Hathaway of Dennison Tx, a 15 year old who was accidentally shot by some drunken Cowboys.

So that ends your attack on "antigunners".

Now that I have said that let me add..Good for her!

edit on Wed June 10th, 2015 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
STOP PRESS!!

Two Male Open Carriers Shoot Up School In Columbine

One Male Open Carrier Shoots Up School In Blacksburg, Virginia

One Male Open Carrier Massacres Preschool School Kids in Sandy Hook

One Male Carrier Slaughters Throngs In Crowded Cinema

One Male Carrier Mows Down Scores In Fort Hood, Texas

One Male Infant Carrier Shoots Dead His Own Mother In Walmart Store...

(Disclaimer: Suffice it to say, but the above examples were all due to the deranged assailants / Illuminati mind control / chemtrails / HAARP / Bilderbergs / fundamentalist Moslem Obama / Marilyn Manson et al.)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexJowls

Are we really going to devolve into the "Bad guys use guns so good guys shouldn't be able to" tripe?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: HomerinNC

What can you say about Texas women ?

Arrogant, irritatingly outspoken, manly....anymore? She should have pointed it at him and warned him first and gave him a chance to change his mind.

P.S. I didn't listen to the video, I cannot stomach country music. it's so whiny.
edit on 10-6-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
STOP PRESS!!

Two Male Open Carriers Shoot Up School In Columbine

One Male Open Carrier Shoots Up School In Blacksburg, Virginia

One Male Open Carrier Massacres Preschool School Kids in Sandy Hook

One Male Carrier Slaughters Throngs In Crowded Cinema

One Male Carrier Mows Down Scores In Fort Hood, Texas

One Male Infant Carrier Shoots Dead His Own Mother In Walmart Store...

(Disclaimer: Suffice it to say, but the above examples were all due to the deranged assailants / Illuminati mind control / chemtrails / HAARP / Bilderbergs / fundamentalist Moslem Obama / Marilyn Manson et al.)

Not to mention that there are over 330 million people in the states. Those are not bad odds really, considering the militant, cop beating, media/terrorism fear tactics and violence on TV that we are conditioned with on a daily basis in the States.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join