It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Concealed Carrier Shoots Knife-Wielding Robber In Houston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

There are many good stories out there, if people are willing to listen.

Most aren't reported because no one is harmed, and the almost victims don't feel like dealing with the police, or others who don't know what they're talking about...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I just think a bit of training for all should be given 100% of the time to the people who carry.
Also do they have powers to take guns If someone is mentally ill?.
I dunno I'm a Brit

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

CCW holders are typically better shots than police. They are usually very well trained.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Police Officers Three Times More Likely to Murder Than Concealed Carry Permit Holders
www.ammoland.com...

Chicago police chief: We’ll shoot licensed civilians with guns

“I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

www.gunssavelife.com...

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29
The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33
dailyanarchist.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I'm a brand new CCW permit carrier. I am very well trained by both my grandfather who was a Depression era county sheriff, and my Dad, a career soldier. I practise regularly, as much or more maybe than most police officers. So I can't disagree with you...

Also do they have powers to take guns If someone is mentally ill?.

Yes. Absolutely they do, if they, meaning the police, have reason to believe that someone pose's a immediate danger to those around him/her... I have issues with, in fact, just how easy it is to do so. But, yes.

I dunno I'm a Brit

I'm sorry.

At least you ask, and are willing to listen.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You should fire the cops and give the CCW the job!!.
That is crazy dudes.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen.

Read more: www.city-data.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Thing is I think one of the many reasons we don't have guns is that most of us Brits can go bat # crazy once and a while (It's the ruddy weather) and it would be a bad idea for us to have guns

(Just to point out we do it's just not in our culture here is my local gunsmith check out the prices lol www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk... )

Hhhhm odd he has a .357 Magnum Taurus Long Barrel for sale for 800 odd quid..

edit on 10-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Just for the record I own 0 guns, never have, and have little interest in one. I think I only know one person who even owned one. I have no bias towards civilian gun ownership other than my bias towards facts.
edit on 10-6-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

An anecdote, cool.

I feel so informed now.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I find I resent "gun nut". I am an enthusiast, I admit. Nut? Not so much.

Nor are any of the "gun nuts" that I know.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

UK and US have different cultures, I would not be against the UK's citizens getting guns, but I am also not going to push it being a good idea either. That's for you to decide, you people know your country better than I do. In the US gun ownership works, probably in part because other aspects of our culture are just so screwed up.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

To be quite honest, I think there are far too many police types running around. So I wouldn't mind seeing a reduction...but that's never, as in ever, going to happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I find I resent "gun nut". I am an enthusiast, I admit. Nut? Not so much.

Nor are any of the "gun nuts" that I know.

Being an enthusiast does not a gun nut make, apologies if my post seemed to imply it. There are enthusiasts, and there are gun nuts. I was simply trying to provide context for my posts to show I had little to no pro gun bias factors. I will edit my post

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Must admit even though we don't need them here in the UK (just yet
I am a secret gun nut er enthusiast lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

A guy pulled a knife on a guy hanging out with a friend of mine and maybe one or two other guys out riding motorcycles one night. They were all early 20s, this guy was messed up and older. One of the guys with my friend pulls his concealed gun and warns th e guy. They guy still goes towards him and he shoots and it kills the guy.

I think he was mostly justified (i wasnt there) because cops found the knife under the guy, my friend said they were trying to leave, and the guys girlfriend even admitted the guy was yelling shoot me and wouldnt back down.

Anyway.. before this guy with my friend was found innocent of any crime, the prosecutor tried to charge him with premeditated murder. Shooting a guy he never expected to meet and didnt know who was charging him with a knife had him in court on murder charges vefore he was found not guilty.

No moral just a story to share. Scary situation to be in and i doubt anyone with any sense takes shooting someone lightly.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

No need to do that... I wasn't really talking to you, just the phrase.

I was kind of surprised to discover that the term bugs me as much as it does... Never did before.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Probably because you were not much of an enthusiast as you are now. Many people equate the two, which makes you a gun nut in the minds of many.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

What State?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Now then, where's that ban button...?

You hacked up my post for "needless personal attack" ?? You or someone. I wouldn't say needless as you have gone on to prove that suspicion was correct.

Time for talkin' ain't quite over yet, and hopefully never will be, because contrary to your over the top hyperbole, the vast majority of Americans don't want to go shootin' at folks we disagree with.

The vast majority of the world would not agree with that. In fact ask any nation your country has wanted oil, drugs or money from...what happened? You attacked them with firepower. And as your government was voted in by you the tax payers and voter that actually means the majority.

And your banned button comment...very nicely done (non sarcasm) as I actually found that funny in a good way. However, we are all here for a purpose, some for good old fashion conspiracy, some paid, some for enjoyment and some for diversion. Its a good old place to be!!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join