It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Concealed Carrier Shoots Knife-Wielding Robber In Houston

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: AlexJowls

Are we really going to devolve into the "Bad guys use guns so good guys shouldn't be able to" tripe?

Nah. The "if the bad guys have guns, the good guys should have bigger / more guns" bilge is far more befitting this infamous forum...

edit on 10-6-2015 by AlexJowls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Not to mention that there are over 330 million people in the states. Those are not bad odds really, considering the militant, cop beating, media/terrorism fear tactics and violence on TV that we are conditioned with on a daily basis in the States.

I like them odds!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So when the guns are taken away from the average citizen, and only the PSYCHOs you listed in your previous post have them, what then? What will we have accomplished?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm of two minds on it. on the one hand you could hope the perp died so he can't sue... but on the other if you left him wounded but alive he would then spread his testimony among his lowlife peers of why robbing people is an unhealthy hobby...
edit on 10-6-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Successful defense by armed law abiding citizens are actually quite common, they just don't get the press that the bad news does so that gives a skewed perception that is not factual.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ask any rape victim if they would have used a gun to protect themselves. That pretty much settles it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Stupid robber bringing a knife to a gun fight.

He sure earned a darwin award.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I believe west virginia, but it was in the ohio river region so they couldve been in any of three states.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I dont think any of those people were legal carriers.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Kinda might make the thugs think twice about hopping in a car, huh? Too bad it wasn't a kill shot. The worm is turning for violent street crime.
a reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Awesome, and I hope the shot was fatal. Robbery might have been his only goal, but it could easily have been worse. In s=that sort of situation, in a vehicle with a bad guy,t he only safe reaction is to do anything and everything to either take him out or get away. The second by means of the first is best.

For any that don't, or can't, carry, be very careful about unlocked doors! Your side only is best, and be aware of all around you before stepping out of the car, or unlocking/opening a door. Walk "tough", too, and don't look afraid, because that will attract the nasty types as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Your foreign society is not our society. Don't judge us until you've lived here. We have 13-year-old wannabe gang-bangers gunning people down for "disrespecting" them. Ban all guns, and the thugs will get them from Mexico. I sure as hell am locked n loaded.
a reply to: projectbane

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
STOP PRESS!!

Two Male Open Carriers Shoot Up School In Columbine

Complete lie.

They bought the guns illegally. The guy who sold them the guns was sentenced to 6 years in prison. Had there been actual legal open carriers it's likely there would have been almost zero deaths. The average deaths when an open carrier gets involves is about 2. There is almost never more than 3. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm all for the second amendment, but has everyone really overlooked the obvious here? Opening fire at a gas station probably not the brightest idea. Flame if you please but I stand by my point.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JC1987

Neither is attempting to kidnap an armed female.

What do you suggest she do, ask him nicely to get out of her car?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JC1987

It's not like she had a choice of locations...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JC1987
I'm all for the second amendment, but has everyone really overlooked the obvious here? Opening fire at a gas station probably not the brightest idea. Flame if you please but I stand by my point.

So she should give up her life because someone else chose a gas station as the location? Your wife/daughter is kidnapped at a gas station.

1. She opens fire and lives.
2. She does not and is possibly raped and murdered.

Which option is preferable for you?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have carried concealed for over 20 years, practice weekly at the local range, and take refresher courses on defensive gun procedures. Every class I attended spent time on possible defensive shooting scenarios, with emphasis on over-penetration and background liabilities.

It is easy for anyone to armchair quarterback these situations after the fact, IMO, bottom line, she eliminated the threat and walked away alive. Contrary to popular anti-gun beliefs, most concealed carriers don't fantasize of being Rambos, or saving the day with their gun. They practice to be proficient with a tool that decreases the chance of being the victim of a violent crime.

I don't understand the thought process of anyone who would deprive a legally capable person of the ability to protect themselves, especially against a criminal bent on inflicting violence who may be 2-3 times their size and/or armed.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I kept asking the person saying there are better ways exactly what those better ways are, never once got a response.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

I dont think any of those people were legal carriers.

They were not. He actually highlighted exactly why we need legal carriers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join