It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as 12 are receiving drugs to prepare them for sex change!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know there's already a couple threads on this.

Hormone blockers are given to M/F Transgender to keep male testesterones from changing the body. From developing "maleness".

Yes 12 --- at the onset of puberty. Hormone blockers have shown no side effects. And the body starts off where it left off if the blockers are discontinued.

What it does is allow the M/F Transgender time to become of age, without the testesterones changes. And then as an adult can proceed or not.

edit on 8-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm okay with the whole trans thing. Pretty comfortable with it and all that, but I have to agree that it absolutely IS a lot of garbage to let people so young do something like that. You can't even legally get a tattoo until you're 18 or 21 in the vast majority of places, but you can decide to change your entire gender?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm okay with the whole trans thing. Pretty comfortable with it and all that, but I have to agree that it absolutely IS a lot of garbage to let people so young do something like that. You can't even legally get a tattoo until you're 18 or 21 in the vast majority of places, but you can decide to change your entire gender?

Hormone blockers are temporary.

Unless, by choice to continue.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You know I hadn't thought about that but yeah if you only took the blockers then yes you could just stop the T or E from flowing so that puberty does not kick in, without any permanent side effects. Worst case scenario the kid plays catch up on puberty, wouldn't take long either about a couple years. Ok so yeah I would be ok with giving my child if I had any just the blockers early on.

Duh... I should of known this considering I was on blockers for about a year before having estrogen added to the mix and their were no visible effects.

reply to: Annee

edit on CDTMon, 08 Jun 2015 21:20:44 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago08-05:00Mon, 08 Jun 2015 21:20:44 -050020 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTMon, 08 Jun 2015 22:04:56 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago08-05:00Mon, 08 Jun 2015 22:04:56 -050004 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The reason "Gender Identity Disorder" was changed to "Gender Dysphoria" in the new DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) was to emphasize the stress factor rather than the disorder factor.

Dysphoria is defined as an emotional state characterized by anxiety, depression, or unease. By doing this change in the name, it made it easier to get insurance to pay for gender reassignment surgery. Don't tell me there's not an agenda. And, of course, doctors and hospitals see $$$$$$$.

link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
You know I hadn't thought about that but yeah if you only took the blockers then yes you could just stop the T or E from flowing so that puberty does not kick in, without any permanent side effects. Worse case scenario the kid plays catch up on puberty, wouldn't take long either about a couple years. Ok so yeah I would be ok with giving my child if I had any just the blockers early on.

Duh... I should of known this considering I was on blockers for about a year before having estrogen added to the mix and their were no visible effects.

reply to: Annee

Right. This is one of the main reasons Leelah killed herself.

She knew she had enough to deal with without looking like a guy in a dress.

link   
Dp
edit on 8-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The reason "Gender Identity Disorder" was changed to "Gender Dysphoria" in the new DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) was to emphasize the stress factor rather than the disorder factor.

Dysphoria is defined as an emotional state characterized by anxiety, depression, or unease. By doing this change in the name, it made it easier to get insurance to pay for gender reassignment surgery. Don't tell me there's not an agenda. And, of course, doctors and hospitals see $$$$$$$.

Yes, they had to give it a medical term to get insurance.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Most Kids Will Grow Out of Gender Dysphoria

A September 2014 report from the Hastings Center by Jack Drescher and Jack Pula says a diagnosis of gender dysphoria in childhood “does not inevitably continue into adulthood” the majority of the time. The majority of trans kids will not choose to transition as adults.

No one can objectively provide proof that the kids they are treating with hormones are really transgender.

The same physicians who suggest administering cross-gender hormones to kids at age 12 to 14 also say that they have no sure way to identify which kids will become transgender adults. No one can objectively provide proof that the kids they are treating with hormones are really transgender. The entire basis for treatment is what the kids say.

Gender dysphoria has been theorized to be a consequence of differences in the brain, but studies don’t find any. A recent study at the Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, says; “The present data do not support the notion that brains of male to female transgenders are feminized.” The study could not find a difference in the brains between heterosexual men and that of male to female transsexuals. The brains in trans boys are no different than non-trans boys.
Treating the psychological or psychiatric disorder is the answer, not changing genders.

Read More

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I am NOT reading the Federalist.

You are very good at finding the negative slant.

However, Jack Pula is a Transgender Male. I need to read more, in depth, not slanted.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Gender dysphoria has been theorized to be a consequence of differences in the brain, but studies don’t find any. A recent study at the Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, says; “The present data do not support the notion that brains of male to female transgenders are feminized.” The study could not find a difference in the brains between heterosexual men and that of male to female transsexuals. The brains in trans boys are no different than non-trans boys.
Treating the psychological or psychiatric disorder is the answer, not changing genders.

Read More

You linked to "The Federalist", a well-known conservative news blog. It's not hard to imagine they "couldn't" find a study.

Here's a Stanford professor of neuroscience who would disagree:

edit on 8-6-2015 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I almost didn't post it because The Federalist turns some people off. But, then I read the article. As they say, don't kill the message just because you don't like the messenger. I try to keep an open mind and read views from various sources.

You say it's slanted....I would be interested to know how so. Are you saying if someone doesn't say just what you want them to say and in words that support your personal ideology, they aren't a valid source? Just asking.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Thank you for that link, it is very informative, and I hope people watch it, but science sadly scares some people, easier to scream ineffectually at progressives than actually take the time to understand
biology...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Annee did a pretty good job of closing down any objections to this. Hormone blockers can be used early to prevent the development of unwanted characteristics until the person has reached a mature enough age to make the decision on whether to go all the way.

No long term affects, no issue. If a kid wants to give it a go they can try those without fear of permanent repercussions. So what is the problem now then? This topic should be over in all honesty, no harm no foul.

a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And here is what I found so far in regards to Trans studies --- Googling Jack Pula. Not a Right Wing Conservative website.

The conclusion of the first study was one we knew anecdotally for several years - that adult trans men and women benefit strongly from the use of puberty-suppressing hormones before being administered cross-gender hormones and undergoing surgical treatment and entering adulthood. www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Cuervo:

Thank you for that video. I watched and listened to the whole thing. Not once did he mention the name of the studies, where they were done, nor by whom. How many test subjects were there? Also, what is his name. He never says.

I have a feeling there was some bias on his part in reporting these "findings". And, at the end, he confirmed what was said previously, that getting insurance companies to pay for reassignment surgery was the impetus for coming up with their conclusions.

There are so many different views, studies, theories, and approaches to the issue and like everything else, in the end it's the $$$$ and the agenda that have the loudest voice. Meantime, sadly some parents are buying into the absurdity of putting their children through things that will have consequences they may wish had never happened.

edit on 8-6-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
ill never regret!!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I almost didn't post it because The Federalist turns some people off. But, then I read the article. As they say, don't kill the message just because you don't like the messenger. I try to keep an open mind and read views from various sources.

You say it's slanted....I would be interested to know how so. Are you saying if someone doesn't say just what you want them to say and in words that support your personal ideology, they aren't a valid source? Just asking.

Then read and research from several different sites.

They all slant. You kinda have to find the Center. I've been doing this for over 20 years.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
And here is what I found so far in regards to Trans studies --- Googling Jack Pula. Not a Right Wing Conservative website.

The conclusion of the first study was one we knew anecdotally for several years - that adult trans men and women benefit strongly from the use of puberty-suppressing hormones before being administered cross-gender hormones and undergoing surgical treatment and entering adulthood. www.huffingtonpost.com...

LOL! Huffpost Gay Voices! No bias there!! C'mon, Annee....really?

This study is described in understandable detail by Dr. Jack Drescher, a trans-supportive psychiatrist and Past President and Member of the LGBT Committee of the Group for Advancement of Psychiatry, who played a major role in removing transgender identity being considered a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Text Meantime, sadly some parents are buying into the absurdity of putting their children through things that will have consequences they may wish had never happened.

As previously stated HORMONE BLOCKERS not hormones themselves have no long term side affects so if a child wants to try the shoes on before buying then they are able. Do you understand? Hormone blockers = block hormones, hormones themselves are well hormones and those do cause physical and potentially lasting affects.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join