It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as 12 are receiving drugs to prepare them for sex change!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Annee
And here is what I found so far in regards to Trans studies --- Googling Jack Pula. Not a Right Wing Conservative website.

The conclusion of the first study was one we knew anecdotally for several years - that adult trans men and women benefit strongly from the use of puberty-suppressing hormones before being administered cross-gender hormones and undergoing surgical treatment and entering adulthood. www.huffingtonpost.com...

LOL! Huffpost Gay Voices! No bias there!! C'mon, Annee....really?

An article about the same 2 guys you posted from the Federalist.

How are we getting opposite views?

. . . though the Europeans are studying this issue across multiple centers, and most children who are gender non-conforming turn out to be cisgender gay men and women. This, too, has long been known from work in hospital clinics, particularly the one at Children's Hospital in DC. It's also been easy to infer, since many gay men and women were gender variant during childhood. Since there are roughly 12 times as many gay adults as trans ones, most gender variant children, just by the numbers, would turn out not to become trans adolescents. However, the vast majority of trans adults were trans children and adolescents, and it's wrong to harm them by denying effective treatment, just to potentially preclude the need for a detransition by some who will grow up to be cisgender gay men and lesbians.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

And here is what I found so far in regards to Trans studies --- Googling Jack Pula. Not a Right Wing Conservative website.

The conclusion of the first study was one we knew anecdotally for several years - that adult trans men and women benefit strongly from the use of puberty-suppressing hormones before being administered cross-gender hormones and undergoing surgical treatment and entering adulthood. www.huffingtonpost.com...

So a left-wing source like Huffington Post is okay, but not a right-wing source like The Federalist. Thank you for clearing that up because sometimes hypocrisy can be confusing.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Just do some google scholar searches for "neuroanatomy" cross-referenced with various terms relating to transgender or gender dysphoria (in the last couple of years) and you will find some decent peer-reviewed papers that back up what he's saying. The doctor in the video is neuroscience professor... those are the folks who we are supposed to be listening to in these matters.

What you don't want to do for accurate information is just google "proof that trannies are crazy" or "conservative blog that says transsexualism is all in your head" or "sensationalist panic blog inflating the effects of spironolact". Do search in the scholar archives. It's free to search and you can find just about any science and medical journal out there.

I'm not picking on you but I know how we all are when it comes to google. It's hard to search without bias. I catch myself doing that all the time and people will browbeat me for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The article: Advances in the Treatment of Transgender Children and the Hurdles Yet to be Overcome

Is by: Dana Beyer, Executive Director, Gender Rights Maryland.

The Huffington Post has a place contributors can post LGBT articles. It's called: HuffPost Gay Voices.

It's not likely she will be posting on a Right Wing Conservative site.

edit on 8-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And the people who do this are considering themselves normal. I sure I am glad I am not normal, normal must be six shades of crazy in this country. Maybe the CPS should go after these kind of people instead of going after parents of kids who are sick and missing too much school.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Another paragraph from the article ---- same 2 guys Drescher and Pula

Drs. Drescher and Pula discuss the three different approaches to trans children today - (1) the outdated and harmful approach of Dr. Ken Zucker of Toronto's Center for Addiction and Mental Health (formerly the Clarke Institute), known affectionately by trans persons worldwide as Jurassic Clarke, (2) the laissez-faire approach of the pioneers in Amsterdam, and (3) the more recent proactive support for early transition by Diane Ehrensaft and colleagues at UCSF. I know that it is extremely difficult for people to understand the trauma suffered by children denied their fundamental identities as sexual beings, but no ignorance on the part of health care providers or dearth of research excuses those providers from allowing trans children their right of self determination. Yes, on occasion a child who pushes to transition may "desist" and revert back to the birth gender assignment in a few years, but even so, that detransition does not cause as much harm, or the same type of harm, as the refusal to allow a desired transition in the first place. As Drs. Drescher and Pula point out, the withdrawal of love and approval shown by parents who refuse to assist in a social transition will often be internalized by the child with long-term effects. It's destructive to feel utterly alone as a child; harder even than not being allowed to be yourself.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Taking testosterone or estrogen immediately after blocking puberty will make a teenage patient sterile.

A Side Effect of Treatment

But not everyone believes that it is possible to know with this level of certainty that a child is transgender. There are two views in this debate. Polly Carmichael, a British psychologist who works at the Portman Clinic in London, which has a unit specifically dedicated to gender identity, says the identity of most children this age is in constant flux.

"You can have a child who is presenting with absolute certainty, but it may be that at a later point they will decide that is not in fact what they want and their feelings may indeed change," Carmichael says.

Taking testosterone or estrogen immediately after blocking puberty will make a teenage patient sterile. Spack, the endocrinologist at Children's Hospital in Boston, says that because the gonads do not mature before they are exposed to the hormones of the opposite sex, the gonads become too damaged to produce either viable eggs or viable sperm.

"This is one of the most controversial aspects of this. At what age can a young person fully understand the implications of doing something that will make fertility for them, by today's technology, virtually impossible?" he says.

Spack, however, is quick to point out that there is no risk of infertility from the hormone-blocking treatment alone. Infertility only comes when the hormone-blocking treatment is paired with Stage 2, the use of opposite-sex hormones. And so, Spack says, hormone blockers should really be seen simply as a treatment that gives families more time to think about what to do.

www.npr.org...

What a scary responsibility for a parent. When a large percentage of kids that express transgender feelings eventually and spontaneously drop those feelings, how do you make the decision to block their puberty and natural development not really knowing for sure what you may be doing to them?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
And the people who do this are considering themselves normal. I sure I am glad I am not normal, normal must be six shades of crazy in this country. Maybe the CPS should go after these kind of people instead of going after parents of kids who are sick and missing too much school.

Why do you post in these type threads, when you clearly have no understanding of Transgender?

And I doubt you want to be educated.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That is a good article.

My 7 year old loves My Little Pony, but acts very much a boy.

I let him be who he is.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Sounds like trauma programming to me, maybe the natural next step of mkultra and monarch.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That is a good article.

I let him be who he is.

See...I think it is the parents' responsibility to guide a child through the earliest years helping that child to identify their sex. This whole notion of just letting a child flounder around trying to understand what a boy is and what a girl is and figure out for him/herself what gender they are is irresponsible on the part of the parents.

You confirm their identity when they are babies. "You are a boy...she is a girl". When he puts on a piece of female clothing, you gently take it off and say "no, that is for girls...you are a boy." You encourage and enable that child to understand and know what he or she is early on, and often. You don't leave it up to them.

When you don't explain and guide them, they get confused and then stressed when you act like it doesn't matter and it's okay to just be what you want to be. It does matter and as their parent, you are responsible for educating them and gently guiding them to understand and comprehend what sex they are.

Our society has become dysfunctional. Too many parents are influenced by the latest psycho-babble gurus and reality TV. Also, being a "single mom" has become some sort of banner waved around. In too many families the men are absent or even somewhat emasculated themselves. We are exposed to too much craziness, and that exposure is, imo, causing severe mass psychosis and we don't even realize it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Those who condemn this as 'sick', 'child abuse' or 'unnatural' would do well imagine walking a mile in the shoes of these children or their parents.

Another article, with links to video clips and other resources, is here on the BBC website: www.bbc.co.uk...

Sure, this is a difficult subject. I'm very uncomfortable about it, just as I was when my former stepdaughter (in a previous marriage) struggled painfully with her sexual identity in her teens, just as I am now when my four-year-old great nephew says he wants to play with girls' toys and have a bedroom painted pink.

Is it a phase he's going through? Does he have a deeper problem? I don't know, and neither do his very concerned and loving parents.

But what I am sure of is that everyone involved, especially the children, needs understanding and respect, not ignorant prejudice. There's been too much of that in this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerLightning

Interesting article. But....I have to wonder what "encouragement" was openly or unintentionally given.

Jessica's dad and mum Ella split up some years ago. Ella is now in a long-term relationship with another woman, Alexandra, who Jessica calls "step-mum". Ella has considered whether her relationship has contributed to her son wanting to live as girl.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

That is a good article.

I let him be who he is.

See...I think it is the parents' responsibility to guide a child through the earliest years helping that child to identify their sex.

I don't agree with that at all.

The older I get, the more I'm convinced we are born who we are. Sure you can encourage strengths and discourage weaknesses - - but I don't believe for one second it has any affect on who our brain tells us we are.

This is my 3rd generation of raising kids. Raised my 2 girls, then helped raise now 22 year old grandson, and am now raising (with daughter) a grandson.

What's that saying? "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - Lennon

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Were you a single mom during those years?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Were you a single mom during those years?

Some of it.

What does that have to do with this subject?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Not trying to get personal, but you have always been very open about personal matters on other posts, so I didn't think you would mind me asking. I'm doing some research associated with single-mom households. I may post some of it soon. Hope you contribute to it if I do.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Not trying to get personal, but you have always been very open about personal matters on other posts, so I didn't think you would mind me asking. I'm doing some research associated with single-mom households. I may post some of it soon. Hope you contribute to it if I do.

OK, I have no problem.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I would prefer that sexuality is not so open or even discussed to children for the very fact that if 'gay' is an available possibility to developing minds that can flip flop back and forth while they are working out their attractions /crushes etc whilst under the influence of raging hormone fluxes and societal pressures they might regret 'outing' themselves only to find a few years into puberty /adulthood (10-25) that they feel they aren't as they thought they were, it was a glitch. Then they have all the social issues of being part of another culture again and telling family and friends.

If children are just allowed to develop naturally and sex is socially ''off the menu'' for as long as possible, it gives them time to develop themselves physically, mentally and hormonally.

There is no real thing as transgender it is gender dysphoria and it should be recognised and dealt with as such.

Children and young adults until at least 25 should have no access to body mutilation at all, including tattoo's and piercings IMO as their minds are still developing and certainly zero access to even contemplating manipulating their hormones and sex organ surgery under gender dysphoria.
edit on 9-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I did see on a tv programme that this change needs to be done before menstruation starts if going from female to male because of the hormone kick-in.

I do think with some youngsters its patently obvious they are in the wrong body. Oddly enough just two days ago I was talking to a stranger - a male in female clothing's, wig etc who had this trouble. He said he knew he was a girl at 8 but he was never allowed to discuss it even. It was hard for him because he was shut off and ridiculed because he was to big. When he stood he topped 6' 3" he said. His life, until he decided to simply be who he felt he was meant to be had been a misery.

Surely there is middle ground for this ,in that where it is necessary for a person's mental health etc they can be offered this surgery at a much younger age. Isn't this is one for the child's parents/guardians and the doctors who one hopes want their child happy? I do think though a thorough check on the guardian's and doctor's religious views should be done, so the individual gets a fair hearing for their situation and not dogma to feed guilt about a fact of nature etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join