It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Spy Plane Records China's Artificial Islands, China Threatens Response

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Here's a video of the encounter between chinas Navy and US spy plane. Interestingly in the video it seems like China was just unprepared on how to handle the US aircraft. This leads me to believe it is very dangerous because the Chinese navy may not handle encounters like these properly. And downing a US military aircraft in international waters would demand retaliation.

surveillance aircraft views Chinese construction of artificial islands and airstrips in the South China Sea.
The US claims Chinese dredgers have added approximately 2,000 acres to five outposts in the Spratly Islands.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Let the warring begins.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

china wont handle these encounters appropriately because they don't understand the international law behind it. China likes to use the EEZ as a grounds to claim the resources. The problem is an EEZ does not create sovereign territory. An EEZ only secures the resources under the water to one nation however it preserves freedom of navigation on and above the water (boats and airplanes).

The second issue revolves around the islands China are building up. Again under the UN those created islands do NOT create sovereign territorial claims, as China claims.

China claims pretty much the entire South China Sea as Sovereign Territory, which it is not and never can be. Over 5 trillion a year transits the area in terms of commerce and trade, oil etc. The US is not going allow China to twist the meaning of an EEZ or sovereign territory in order for them to conquer the South China Sea without firing a shot.

The Us has already stated they will transit those areas as international law allows and any offensive action taken by China will be based on an invalid and illegal process China is using.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think what shocked me the most is just the lack of professionalism. I mean at one point there yelling go go you hear sirens and screaming I think that's what is a concern. International flights occur all the time in this area and this so what they are subjected to??

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

During one of those Us Navy encounters the Chinese warned off the Us Naval aircraft. A commercial jet in the area actually contacted the Chinese for clarification and the Chinese told them they were fine and to continue on their route.

it will escalate when China decides to implement an ADIZ (Aircraft Identification zone). The last one they created was ignored and I imagine the same results will occur if the same happens here.

China will push their claims, to their own detriment.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Wrong again.

China does understand how international law works, China is watching countries like US and Israel ignore international law completely and just do whatever they want.

Problem with the west is that you want China to remain in its knees.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nowornevertill

Your nonsense aside China in fact does not understand how international law works with regards to an EEZ and how sovereignty works. Brush up on it then come back and join the rest of us in the debate. As a reminder this is about China, not the US nor Israel. Feel free to start your own thread if you wish to discuss those 2 nations.

edit on 5-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I think what shocked me the most is just the lack of professionalism.

Why should China show professionalism and respect towards USA.

I am not Chinese

I am white guy never been to Asia and i don't show US respect of any kind.

They did create ISIS, wars world wide and did 9/11.

People like that don't deserve respect.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Nowornevertill because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

New land, new area - If ever there has been a "testing the waters" scenario then this is it.

Smartest move China has made in a long time is not firing on the US military aircraft.

Don't know what the problem is really - if it's like everything else "made in China" we can expect the islands to be non-existent in about 3 months.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

During one of those Us Navy encounters the Chinese warned off the Us Naval aircraft. A commercial jet in the area actually contacted the Chinese for clarification and the Chinese told them they were fine and to continue on their route.

it will escalate when China decides to implement an ADIZ (Aircraft Identification zone). The last one they created was ignored and I imagine the same results will occur if the same happens here.

China will push their claims, to their own detriment.

But he has a point

Why should China obey the USA when the USA plays fast a loose with the rules?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
China has a claim to those Islands. It is an historical claim.

Post WW2, the US decided who should own what in the Pacific. There was no UN or any other backing.

Now, because it can, China is disputing the ownership of these Islands. The US does not and never has obeyed international Law on airspace. The U2 flights over Russia is a prime historical example. Newer examples abound around the world.

So why does the US have to poke its nose in to what is in fact a regional issue, because it has the military might to do so.

These disputes will escalate. The US should mind its own business and let the surrounding nations sort it out, but, it won't/

P

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

No nationalist China had a claim on those islands, not communist China. Secondly china had already resolved claims with surrounding nations in the past. Only recently has China reasserted older claims based on resources.

The US actually remained out of it since the 1990's provided the claims and who owns what be resolved peacefully. China opted not to go that route and instead relied on unilateral decisions. The Philippines actually took China to court over some claims, to which china got pissed like no other and refused to comply with the UN court.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nowornevertill

Why should China show professionalism and respect towards USA.

I am not Chinese

I am white guy never been to Asia and i don't show US respect of any kind.

They did create ISIS, wars world wide and did 9/11.

People like that don't deserve respect.

Professionalism and respect are two diffrent things I'm shocked you don't know the diffrence. Do you think that air force pilot had any respect for the Chinese he was talking to I dont. What he did was remain professional during the encounter.

Now as for your hatred of the US no one cares if you don't respect the US so why bother to tell us?? Got to love the anti amarican posters with the amaricans are evil bit but I guess that happens when your on top everyone attacks you. Now if you wish to discuss the south China sea by all means continue if you want to discuss 9/11 they have there own thread you can post there in the future.
edit on 6/5/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No nationalist China had a claim on those islands, not communist China.

The Chinese people have a claim. It does not matter what flavor the Government is, the claim has some validity.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yea.. Kids with big toys..
I couldn't believe how "intelligent" they all sound.
I mean that from the first American guy, through till the end.
Maybe the Chinese guy get's a break cause he's speaking English, but, haha..

I think I am seeing the issue here.

If we can keep the peace on for just a little bit, till we have new ideas about sharing and trading value, we will be all good.
edit on 5-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Tell that to Taiwan then..

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

now only if this were about trading and not about China building islands and trying to claim them, and the 12 miles for national boundaries, and 200 miles for an EEZ, as sovereign territory when in fact they aren't.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That is a ton of ships in that small area, looks like a scene out WW2. That is international airspace, as far as im away of. So China, is really trying to stretch its legs, But the first time the US responds to the warning, China will have won that airspace, which isnt good. just ignore and keep on flight path
edit on 5-6-2015 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I hope the Chinese have read the Planet Earth Health and Safety Law, section - 'What You Should Know'

If they don't understand what happens to nations that don't play by the rules invented by the USA then I feel sorry for them. Iraqification may well be coming authorised by the Planet Earth Policeman........ Mr John Kerry

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The Chinese don't mind using the laws when it suits them.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join