It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Spy Plane Records China's Artificial Islands, China Threatens Response

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We are NOT seeing these acts as a result of the civilian POPULACE being in the loop,so saying what we and the Chinese people want is only spinning wheels.
OUR GOVERNMENTS are doing this,THEY DIDN'T ASK ME.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Sorry for demonstrating that I am educated.

We are talking about the governments and not the people. China's government has consistently telegraphed their intentions in the South China Sea.

Feel free to name a country the US is occupying.

The US tried to remain neutral in WWI and WWII.

I really don't care that you have an issue with perceived bias. My comments about the law aren't based on bias. They are based on fact. The fact is China is wrong when it comes to an EEZ as well as sovereignty on built islands.

An EEZ is not sovereign territory with the exception of whats underneath the water in terms of resources.
Building an island does not create sovereignty either.

Whats annoying are people, such as yourself, who would rather attack a person instead of engaging the topic. It tells me you cant refute the info so you choose to go after the person.

Brush up on international law / Conventions of the law od the sea and get back to us.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They weren't planned to no. Their primary mission is antisubmarine with some other capabilities thrown in. They may have changed that as it was developed, but the plan wasn't for them to have that capability.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Let's just bring back iPhone production to the us and see how cocky these people are then.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

Let's just bring back iPhone production to the us and see how cocky these people are then.

China would never start a fight with the US just won't happen. They need the US badly and think their only way to expand is to be more like the west.They see business as the battlefield of the future. Good example they don't like Russians but they learned they can take advantage of them through business. They managed to get a deal where they can buy into their energy sector. Have the Russians paying for a pipeline to import gas. And in the biggest move they gave them money for the deal as a loan. China is becoming very shrewd at business. They learned well as us companies moved into china.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thank God for NAFTA, right? Seriously, just thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that was the nail in the coffin right there.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Like I was saying about the Chinese government and retaining control.

China military stresses Party control in face of 'liberal' enemies

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's military said on Sunday it must be governed by the ruling Communist Party and not succumb to "liberal" voices who wish to challenge the party's control.

President Xi Jinping has repeatedly reminded the military to be loyal to the party, as he also steps up efforts to modernize forces that are projecting power across the disputed waters of the East and South China Seas, though it has not fought a war in decades.

In a front-page editorial, the official People's Liberation Army Daily said that "enemy forces" were trying to infiltrate the ranks to push for the "de-politicisation" of the military and remove the party's leadership role.

With a changing society, younger officers are now entering the forces who lack a proper understanding of the party's role and its discipline requirements, the newspaper added.

Right down to china creating an external threat to the Communist controlled government. The ironic part is Russia is doing the exact same thing.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

What they mean is younger people want to become like a western nation and the old communists don't like it. Chinese today want Paris fashions and amarican cars and cell phones and jeans cars etc. And when a billion people want something your going to get it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Sure.. The majority of younger Chinese view N. Korea as a waste of Chinese resources and want nothing to do with that alliance.

In this instance China attempted economic reforms based somewhat on the Capitalist model. That in turn gave citizens a taste of something the Communist government could not control, although they thought and still think they can.

The Chinese government doesn't represent the people and I doubt the Chinese government will roll over and give into citizen demands for change. The Chinese government is going to protect themselves to remain in power.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Sure.. The majority of younger Chinese view N. Korea as a waste of Chinese resources and want nothing to do with that alliance.

In this instance China attempted economic reforms based somewhat on the Capitalist model. That in turn gave citizens a taste of something the Communist government could not control, although they thought and still think they can.

The Chinese government doesn't represent the people and I doubt the Chinese government will roll over and give into citizen demands for change. The Chinese government is going to protect themselves to remain in power.

Well its getting worse with Malaysia the Chinese have violated their territorial waters now.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join