It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For All of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I comprehend what the OP is driving at. I served as a member of the US armed forces and I remember thinking how our military is basically a corporate enforcer and big stick for the U.N. to wave around. That said it is because of the vastness of the US military, and our seemingly endless display flexing this might which basically has kept us from having to learn a Chinese or Russian language thus far. That is a freedom. Regardless most of what you hear is propaganda. Repeated as a PC term. I think most say it because if they served they know what it's like. If they didn't serve it's because they didn't serve and are thanking service members for being their proxy.
Being a veteran I know what our service men and women go through and they have my respect.
However as was stated earlier the biggest threat to any US citizens freedom is our very own government! Guess who controls the US military?!?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

I totally understand the pride you have in your family members and our service men. I too have that since my father fought in Korea and was on pork chop hill. My ex's uncle died there while my dad was fighting. But I don't wish to be rude to you or anyone else on here,patriotism is a fine and noble thing,to a point. The issue with it is it can be taken too far. That is what we are now seeing. It is not patriotism for the sake of supporting our men and women,it is patriotism for the sake of patriotism. This is more reminiscent of Nazi Germany which is frightening.

You may not agree with me on this and I do understand.But the whole purpose of our service people going to war is to protect US,not some other country,not some corporation,not some Junta or regime. They are laying down their lives,and it disrupts the lives of not only them,but those that love them. I hate seeing our service people dying because some corporation wants to make money selling their supplies to the armed forces and they need to make a profit on it. The money they make is bought and paid for with the limbs and blood of our service people,then when they come back home,they may or may not have a home to come back too. They wait for services to help them heal from what they have gone through,all the while our congress and senate take off and have fun when ever they feel like it,and THEY are the ones pocketing the money for sending our people to war!

We have the best trained people with some of the best weapons out there doing what they are told. They deserve no less than our support and to only be sent in with JUST cause. They are being asked to sacrifice EVERYTHING. And get little back in return from those that sent them. A man I grew up with just 2 houses down,went and did what he was told to do.Now he has cancer from it.They had them handling uranium with only rubber gloves and paper boots on! That is totally mind blowing to me. They know exactly what this stuff does to a human body,and yet they will treat our people this way!

I can not support that. I have no issue with supporting our service people,my gripe is with what our government is doing to them and the world for the sake of money. I can't support that with a clear conscious. Our freedom is under no threat from any side at all.It hasn't been. The money aspect needs to be removed from wars to stop it,and that will never happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Every war since December 23rd 1913 has resulted in less freedom and more enslaved debt for the individual American taxpayer.

Consequently, reality is very confusing for US citizens because the propaganda behemoth tells them they are the land of the free and are simply exporting freedom and democracy - even though they are not free, nor a democracy.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

ego mania

edit on 5-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

It's a mindless mantra.

Like USA USA USA

It has no meaning other than animalistic worship of death.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nowornevertill

i think I can hear it

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would put it this way...being a realist about our wars. Our soldiers follow the directives of our government. They do so under the premise that they are protecting America and our way of life. The soldiers are heros for doing what they believe and what they are told to do under that premise. The government on the other hand, is a bunch of corrupt, greedy liars looking out for themselves and their pockets.

So...praise the soldiers for what they are willing to do for the right reasons, and curse the government for lying to the soldiers.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The military may not be fighting "for our freedoms" directly but there is a purpose. That purpose benefits the people indirectly.

Most modern wars/military actions have been to protect the US dollar and secure strategic advantage over our opponents. Not all have been righteous, or 100% successful, but that's the way I see it. By keeping the dollar strong and as the reserve currency we secure a high standard of living in the US. By keeping the people happy with a relatively high standard of living the people generally behave themselves and are free to go about their business.

This is why Saddam had to be removed, Libya had to be dealt with, and why we are now screwing with Iran, Russia and China. What's common between all those countries? They all, in one way or another, were (or are) trying to undermine the dollar. It's why we don't interfere with Saudi Arabia. The Dollar. It's why we don't care who's killing who in Africa, no threat to the dollar. It's why we are, for the most part, not seriously dealing with ISIS. You want to know where the next likely war will be? Determine who is the greatest threat to the dollar.

Now you can argue that they are not fighting for our "freedoms", and maybe you are correct. They are fighting for our financial security and that benefits the American people.

Now, what our government does internally is a whole different discussion.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Most Americans I know, including myself, don't believe anything our government is having our military do right now, has anything to do with protecting our freedom. I also don't believe NSA, TSA and the likes are doing anything, nor is it their true purpose to protect us.
Take note of what's happening here brothers and sister from other countries, I think one day our grandchildren will be learning about it in textbooks. America stepped in when other counties went rouge in the past, who will step in for us?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Are US soldiers fighting for the freedom of Americans protected by 4000+ nuclear missiles or
are US soldiers fighting for US corporate control of the world resources.

The second makes more sense. So like any bully in a school yard, the US plunders other nations wealth so they can live a better life.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Becuase it's easier to convince someone to die for "freedom" than to enrich the resource base of the ruling class, whose kids go to frat houses while the kids of the working class get blown to bits, killed, maimed and mentally devastated. And those very same frat boys are the ones cheerleading the wars most of the time.
edit on 8-6-2015 by openminded2011 because: Ry

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Our soldiers follow the directives of our government. They do so under the premise that they are protecting America and our way of life.

German solders did the exact same thing in world war 2. British soldiers did the same in 1776.

When does "im just following orders" become a ok excuse?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What else are the soldiers gonna do?
They have to follow orders

ETA: are American children thought the "our soldiers fight for our freedom" in school, anyone?
edit on 8/6/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire

First off, I'm not offended by your question and I don't think you are being an ass by asking such question.

I look at it as this.... Soldiers have my up most respect! I come from a long line of military in my family.....

This seems to be a very common theme. Did I answer the question?
edit on 9-6-2015 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join