It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Exercises Open-Carry Rights By Carrying Loaded Assault Rifle In Airport

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I understand that. But all it takes is once. Or someone that's sick doing something and a trigger happy Preston to open fire. That's why I say that if you want to require classes and frangible rounds that's one thing, but just carrying on is another.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I was not aware that the anti-gun "movement" needed more fuel.

No but for those of us that want more liberal but common sense gun laws it does not help us one bit.
edit on 4-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No laws were broken, and nobody got hurt.

Time to pick up and move on with your lives now.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Went into this thread expecting it to be celebrating open carry rights. Didn't expect that turn.

HAHAHA that made me laugh kudos for that...

TO the OP

Im a die hard gun rights , 2nd amendment loving , open carry guy.......depending on where Im at, I do cary my sidearm on the outside of my attire......

However this is idiocy........

Its like the 1st amendment, just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you should.....

Idiots like this hurt gun rights more than they help......

Just like carrying it outside a school zone, really? wtf are you thinking? If I saw something like that you can damn well bet I would approach the person and ask whats up, one gun owner to another......then try to talk rational sense into them....

Ugh the stupid......it hurts

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I feel safer.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I agree with you. I am all for the 2nd amendment! I do think this example though is a bit over the top. People like this are doing this for attention. This doesn't reinforce our right in any way.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The entire post was a giant bait on your part.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Ok waddever dude.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Tell him! He is a master at baiting!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Tell him! He is a master at baiting!!!

I am not a Master.. Baiter.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: lightedhype
Yes, let us not bring race into this. Regardless, the guy is damned lucky he wasnt shot to death right in front of his own wife and kid. I get it is legal and all but seriously stupid. Especially with the news stories lately you would think one would NOT want to provoke officers.

Seriously though a middle eastern looking guy would not have had guns drawn at the ready?? c'mon guys you know this wouldn't fly. he was given the benefit of doubt where others would not.
So???

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I mean a lady of the Islamic faith got refused coke on a United Airline flight because it could be used as a weapon and she could be a terrorist.

That is a lie. She did it to get attention. There were no witnesses.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Guy is moron.

That said, what he did was legal. If he didn't fiddle with the weapon at all during his time there, and just left it slung, the police had no reason to suspect anything. The article did say he was stopped several times, questioned, and left to his own devices.

I'm 100% certain that if the man dropping off his family at the airport had been black or muslim, he probably would have been stopped, questioned several times, and left to his own devices.

There are a few factors at play here that determine a possible suspect's motives.

Are they alone, or with other armed people? If so, that's suspicious. This fellow was with his family, and the police knew this. Who shoots up an airport while dropping your daughter off for a flight?

Are they fiddling with the weapon? Probably suspicious. This guy wasnt.

Are they approaching, and/or closely watching any security checkpoints? Probably suspicious. This guy didn't.

With all of that in mind, I am certain if this guy had a different skin color, he would still be alive. He'd still be a moron, too.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: greencmp

On a plane, hell no. Not only hell no, but Jesus Christ no. I barely like the idea of Air Marshalls and pilots being armed on a plane. There is way too much that could create a huge mess if h hit on a plane.

So, are you up in arms against "air marshalls"?

You must know that the planes on 911 would not have been successfully hijacked (I know maybe presumptuous of me on here) if the passengers were able to defend themselves with modern tools.

No they would not have been hijacked if the idiot public had guns on that plane. some idiot would likley have missed and put a hole or two in the cabin and downed the plane

A bullet cannot "down" a plane. Cabin pressure cannot evacuate out of a half inch hole fast enough to cause catastrophic fuselage failure.

I would be more worried about someone shooting holes in the flight control wiring that runs all the way from the flight deck to the engines.

I've seen an Olympic shooting team try and board a plane with their rifles in green cloth carrying bags and large green boxes of ammunition. Was rather amusing watching them negotiate with the check-in desk on whether these were allowed as carry-on luggage or would go into the hold. Eventually they compromised on "special cargo" that would be collected separately.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

That's EXACTLY what I thought of when I read this thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind: There are hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of black people who are also open-carry advocates. And they practice open-carry frequently. Have any of them been shoot?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You're ruining the anti-firearm race baiting... That doesn't fit with their mindset.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Kinda sums it up, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Another thing to consider is that often, open-carry people tend to be on a first-name basis with the police. Either as a cautionary "look, I'm carrying, I'm not a threat" measure, or simply because the police have so many interactions with these people that they know them by face and name now.

Is it possible the police knew this guy, what his deal was, and left him mostly alone because of that?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join