It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Exercises Open-Carry Rights By Carrying Loaded Assault Rifle In Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Georgia man wandered around Atlanta airport with a loaded AR-15 because ‘something might happen’

king advantage of his state’s open carry laws, a Georgia man paraded around the Atlanta airport toting a loaded AR-15 simply because he could — alarming police and airport security.

Jim Cooley carried his assault weapon with a 100-round drum attached to it while accompanied by his wife as they dropped their daughter off, alerting the press later after he was stopped multiple times by authorities.

In an interview with WSB-TV, Cooley explained that he knew it was legal to carry the weapon into the airport as long as he didn’t approach any TSA checkpoints, explaining “You can carry in unsecured areas of the airport. Past TSA, never.
www.rawstory.com...

Klik for more plus vids.
Now lemme get this straight LOEs shoot and kill unarmed often black males because they thought they could be in danger and BANG! opps ma bad I thought he was packing, or killed some kid playing with a toy within 2sec on arrival after being told that it might be a toy or killing a guy in Walmart within minutes for playing with a toy, in both states open carry is legal but this guy get to wander into an airport with his AR and a 100 round of ammo, now imagine if a swarthy looking guy did the same, I mean a lady of the Islamic faith got refused coke on a United Airline flight because it could be used as a weapon and she could be a terrorist.

edit on 4-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

S&f

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What do you want to have happen? Kill the guy that was doing nothing illegal because he's white?

Why inject race into this story at all? People of all races get shot (and don't get shot) by police. It isn't a race issue and attempting to make it so is disgusting.

Would have been a better headline if it read. Man doing nothing illegal, was not unjustly killed by police...

Seriously, stop the race baiting!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Some people avoid trouble....others look for it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

What do you want to have happen? Kill the guy that was doing nothing illegal because he's white?

Why inject race into this story at all? People of all races get shot (and don't get shot) by police. It isn't a race issue and attempting to make it so is disgusting.

Would have been a better headline if it read. Man doing nothing illegal, was not unjustly killed by police...

Seriously, stop the race baiting!

No! I don't want anyone killed but the same treatment or benefit of doubt should be the same same for all, it's not race baiting stop with the head in the sand routine.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes, let us not bring race into this. Regardless, the guy is damned lucky he wasnt shot to death right in front of his own wife and kid. I get it is legal and all but seriously stupid. Especially with the news stories lately you would think one would NOT want to provoke officers.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wow,

You really tried to front load this thread. First off, sorry about the Muslim not getting a coke, no excuses there. She was wronged, The cops who killed the guy with an airsoft gun he got while at that store was a heinous inexcusable act, no two ways about it.

This pencil necked chowder head walking into an Airport with his AR-15 and ammo is a moron. Never mind Home land security, fellow passengers might just # themselves.

edit on 4-6-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Went into this thread expecting it to be celebrating open carry rights. Didn't expect that turn.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Yes, let us not bring race into this. Regardless, the guy is damned lucky he wasnt shot to death right in front of his own wife and kid. I get it is legal and all but seriously stupid. Especially with the news stories lately you would think one would NOT want to provoke officers.

Seriously though a middle eastern looking guy would not have had guns drawn at the ready?? c'mon guys you know this wouldn't fly. he was given the benefit of doubt where others would not.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This should cause federal law on carrying weapons at the airports to change . There's always some whack job wanting their 15 minutes of fame that will willingly exercise a loophole .

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Head in the sand? I've had a gun pulled on me by an officer, multiple times and I'm white. I did what I was told on each occasion and the situation never escalated. The reason I wasn't shot has nothing to do with my race, it was my actions!

I understand your frustrations with discrimination, but this story has nothing to do with race, scary guns, illegal activities or bad cops. Why try and turn it into something it isn't?

To even assume that if the races were reversed it would have ended differently is insane! Not saying you are, but that's the impression I get when you say this guy was "allowed" to do this, while unarmed blacks are automatically shot and killed.

And the lady on the plane story has nothing to do with this, why inject more racism into this non-event?

This thread SCREAMS "white privilege" and it's disgusting!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879 of course it would, it would be on a ticker on every news station and fox would have raised the terror threat to imminent.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Why inject race into this story at all?

Common sense and history tells us that race is an issue. If this guy had been black or Arab, he would be dead.

Now I have a few words about the room-temperature IQ "hero" of our story... It's idiots like this that give rational, reasonable firearm owners a bad name. THIS GUY gives other citizens AND authorities a reason to question if open carry is such a good idea. ‘Something might happen’, all right... He might cause panic and get his head blown off...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
why are you harassing me???

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Agreed.

Imagine some elderly person who just happens to be a FOX news junkie keeling over from a coronary after seeing some guy walking around with his weapon.

These are the types of actions that gives us gun supporters a reason for a double face palm.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
yeah, not sure why race is involved here.

just another nutter- exercising a right, which I encourage- but doing it in such a way that will encourage the enforcers to strip us of that right.

Not a smart move.
-good way to get shot
-only going to create a push to make yet more laws restricting your rights

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Head in the sand? I've had a gun pulled on me by an officer, multiple times and I'm white. I did what I was told on each occasion and the situation never escalated. The reason I wasn't shot has nothing to do with my race, it was my actions!

I understand your frustrations with discrimination, but this story has nothing to do with race, scary guns, illegal activities or bad cops. Why try and turn it into something it isn't?

To even assume that if the races were reversed it would have ended differently is insane! Not saying you are, but that's the impression I get when you say this guy was "allowed" to do this, while unarmed blacks are automatically shot and killed.

And the lady on the plane story has nothing to do with this, why inject more racism into this non-event?

This thread SCREAMS "white privilege" and it's disgusting!

Yes the lady on the plane is an apt comparison as both incident happened before or during air travel where we pretend security is everything and the TSA get to fondle your privates, yet this guy and he is well within his rights because the law sayz so, could do what he did, but a lady traveling on an airplane got the you can't have this speech, point is folks are jittery after 911 a Dawnish looking man would be eating concrete folks died for less.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
why are you harassing me???

Because I got a gun a badge and a lil Authoritah!!..

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Did he point the weapon at anybody? Brandish it in a threatening manner? Or did he simply have it slung the entire time?

Seems to me he had it slung the entire time. Sort of a big difference between open carrying a weapon in a holster or open carrying a weapon slung and not playing with the weapon, and pointing a weapon at people. Whether said weapon is a toy or not isn't really germane. It's a pretty simple concept: carry guns legally and don't play with them and you probably won't get shot. Carry things that look like real weapons and point them at people and you may very well get shot.

Nice job getting all your flag-bait ducks in a row though. Gun rights, race, cops shooting people, or not shooting them as it were. Even managed to bring Islam into it. You must have a hell of a blender

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Now we are in agreement. I can't stand the TSA and refuse to fly. I don't like that the Muslim lady was refused a coke and would have spoke up had I been there.

I also don't like nutters that flaunt their ideals because it's leagle. I'm not defending this guy or his actions, I think what he did is moronic. But people of ALL races and backgrounds do ignorant deeds, taunting others because it's "within their rights" on a daily basis and aren't killed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join