It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Exercises Open-Carry Rights By Carrying Loaded Assault Rifle In Airport

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Since none of us know the back story, that's as likely an explanation as any...

The odds are long, but I certainly don't know.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Atlanta is pretty relaxed about guns as long as you're not being stupid about them. Wave them around like an idiot and you're going to get trouble. Carry them calmly and politely and they're going to remain fairly calm.

That's how it was when I lived there anyway.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

When a black person walks around the ATL airport with an AR slung on their back and gets shot, then we can talk.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So it's legal to walk around the airport with a loaded assault rifle? Seems kinda I don't know, insane. Could be a slight security risk maybe?
What about hand grenades, or is it just machine guns? lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Machine gun?? Where did it state machine gun?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It is in Georgia, in the public areas. As long as it's a legal weapon and you're on state property you can carry.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Machine gun?? Where did it state machine gun?

Some people think "Machine Gun" and "Assault Rifle" are synonyms.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Depends what weapons are legal. If an M-60 or M-240 is then machine gun it is.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

With a tax stamp, and a sheriff's signature, any resident of Ky can own a fully automatic weapon, suppressor, or even a tank.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Klik for more plus vids.
Now lemme get this straight LOEs shoot and kill unarmed often black males because they thought they could be in danger and BANG! opps ma bad I thought he was packing, or killed some kid playing with a toy within 2sec on arrival after being told that it might be a toy or killing a guy in Walmart within minutes for playing with a toy, in both states open carry is legal but this guy get to wander into an airport with his AR and a 100 round of ammo, now imagine if a swarthy looking guy did the same, I mean a lady of the Islamic faith got refused coke on a United Airline flight because it could be used as a weapon and she could be a terrorist.

Can you explain what exactly this man walking around an airport with an assault weapon has to do, in any way, with "unarmed often black males" and "a lady of the Islamic faith"? Another person started a thread on the very same subject, but without the blatant racial innuendo, and got shut down by the mods in favor of yet another of your ridiculous, poorly written attempts at race-baiting...lovely. Just what we need, more garbage.

The man wanted media attention so he went to the airport and purposely scared people with his big manly assault rifle. Woohoo. That's it. Why? Because he could. His complexion had no bearing on that, nor was it a factor in this story at all. No unarmed black males were shot, no Muslim ladies were denied a refreshing frosty beverage. Not sure who looks more ridiculous right now; the obviously overcompensating bearer of arms, or you. It's a close one, for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It would be a funny scenario if a Muslim Georgian woman wearing a Burka decided to exercise the same right on the same day at the same time. Would he feel threatened by her presence as others feel with him ? What would be the out come of that?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: papazen
It would be a funny scenario if a Muslim Georgian woman wearing a Burka decided to exercise the same right on the same day at the same time. Would he feel threatened by her presence as others feel with him ? What would be the out come of that?

The outcome would be that neither would do anything but pass one another and smile.

Kind of an unnecessary question that continues what shouldn't be an issue about race, gender, or nationality.
edit on 6/5/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
How would he know if she was smiling ?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Star for always saying what I'm about to say.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Klik for more plus vids.
Now lemme get this straight LOEs shoot and kill unarmed often black males because they thought they could be in danger and BANG! opps ma bad I thought he was packing, or killed some kid playing with a toy within 2sec on arrival after being told that it might be a toy or killing a guy in Walmart within minutes for playing with a toy, in both states open carry is legal but this guy get to wander into an airport with his AR and a 100 round of ammo, now imagine if a swarthy looking guy did the same, I mean a lady of the Islamic faith got refused coke on a United Airline flight because it could be used as a weapon and she could be a terrorist.

Can you explain what exactly this man walking around an airport with an assault weapon has to do, in any way, with "unarmed often black males" and "a lady of the Islamic faith"? Another person started a thread on the very same subject, but without the blatant racial innuendo, and got shut down by the mods in favor of yet another of your ridiculous, poorly written attempts at race-baiting...lovely. Just what we need, more garbage.

The man wanted media attention so he went to the airport and purposely scared people with his big manly assault rifle. Woohoo. That's it. Why? Because he could. His complexion had no bearing on that, nor was it a factor in this story at all. No unarmed black males were shot, no Muslim ladies were denied a refreshing frosty beverage. Not sure who looks more ridiculous right now; the obviously overcompensating bearer of arms, or you. It's a close one, for sure.

Like I said earlier folks died for way less based off assumption of imminent danger or threat often connected to what they looked like or what they wear.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

When a black person walks around the ATL airport with an AR slung on their back and gets shot, then we can talk.

I'd advised any black person or swarthy looking easterner against such stupitdity so hopefully we won't have that conversation.

62-year-old black grandfather choked
and held down by three white men who see his legal firearm

www.dailykos.com... earm

In gun loving right to bear arms anywhere Florida..^^..yeah ... try that bullchips at an airport with a bunch of very nervous passengers and trigger happy LOEs.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just in case something might happen, we all know that is BS.
But what if something did happen, like a bunch a terrorists stormed the US largest airport and took his daughter hostage.
The airport security is expertly trained for this situation and would spring into action.
And you have this nut job with a loaded AK-15 with a 100 round drum that is not part of that team.
I am sure he is a good shot at the gun range and can pluck a beer can from way out, but with his daughter being pulled away by her hair, I wonder how many innocent bystanders are going to get shot.
Also, I bet the airport security not recognizing him as part of their team are going to think he is one of the terrorist gang and shoot him dead.
Yep, something will happen alright....

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If this were a black man, no doubt the story would have gone a different way. Unfortunately, race is an issue in the US. Blacks have been (and are) discriminated against for years, including past US presidents. I hate to bring race into the issue, and havent lived in the US for decades, but here is an example of a black man vs white man open carrying an AR-15.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

See a Darwin award coming.

Airports are not a place one should be bringing guns

Hell any airline that allows morons to bring there AR-15's on board will go out of business quickly as no one with a IQ above 90 will fly with them and every country round the world would ban that company from flying there

Not even terrorist I would be worried about either but some dip# that does not know gun safety setting off a accidental discharge and blowing a hole in the side of the plane!

You must not be included in that group with the IQ above 90, because carrying a weapon on your person on board a plane is illegal and no legal gun owner has attempted to do so to prove a point. Guns go in checked bags and are unloaded, everyone knows this and most if not all gun owners don't have a problem with it. Just because you're paranoid and ignorant about how guns operate doesn't mean it should be illegal to fly with my weapon. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join