It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach Police Officer Kills unarmed 20 year old college student

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Love how this kid is now high on PCP at the time...

But we are the ones jumping to conclusions...

Yes, and they know this because the neighbor reported that he had jumped through the glass. There is no concept that he might have fallen or been pushed through said opening, something the neighbor failed to notice.
Anyone who is a witness who upholds the story is automatically accepted and the worst case is automatically assumed, therefore because the neighbor said he jumped, that suddenly becomes "evidence" to show that he was on hard drugs.

Even still, the fact of the matter is that the current situation isn't known by law enforcement. So long as the man is unarmed, and the officers have backup on scene, there is no excuse in the world for firing on an unarmed individual.

Exactly!

Why the "weapons at ready" approach? That's why I want to see what was in this officer's bloodstream that would make him so paranoid that he would shoot an unarmed man with his hands above his head.

Because no officer has ever been severely beaten or killed by an unarmed man...

Oh wait.

Beaten to death

Some of you need to realize what sort of world you live in. Police brutality is deplorable but when you start to paint every single incident as a case of the cop using unjustifiable force, you turn into static that nobody cares about.

These people do indeed have no idea what the US is, that they live in.

They really don't.

I try to post really well thought out replies here trying to take up for the demonic police, but then I realize its a measure of extreme futility.... it is man.

So I just say...

WHERE ARE MY DA

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Being the sole responder to an incident is different than having supporting officers on scene.

Further, while the incident is deplorable, she lost control of her scene. You don't EVER search a vehicle while people are standing freely behind it. You can detain a subject without arresting them. While hindsight is always 20/20, the officer in your video put herself in a VERY bad situation.

edit on 6/4/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Being the sole responder to an incident is different than having supporting officers on scene.

Further, while the incident is deplorable, she lost control of her scene. You don't EVER search a vehicle while people are standing freely behind it. You can detain a subject without arresting them. While hindsight is always 20/20, the officer in your video put herself in a VERY bad situation.

So in the case of the officer being nearly beaten to death, it was the officer's fault.

In the case of the man taking drugs, jumping out of a window, behaving violently (which 911 calls support), and refusing to comply with the officer's demands... it's NOT the guy's fault that he was killed.

The cops are always wrong. Got it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The witnesses (on the links I saw) all agreed that he had his hands up and was simply walking toward the cop. Nobody mentioned that he was acting aggressively. Or did I just blank that out?

I already quoted the witness saying exactly that, and the cop seemed to think he had no choice after the man wouldn't stop. So yes, they did.

So, in today's cops' world, walking toward someone with one's hand raised over one's head, from which blood is pouring, is an aggressive act worth of instant execution.
He was "walking" toward the cop. All the witnesses said "walking" not charging or running at, or anything that would suggest aggression. Where does it say in the law that a cop can't back off and wait for help if he feels threatened rather than taking a life?
I say give that cop a drug test. Let's see what he's been ingesting that made him so paranoid.

If the kid was "walking toward the cop" and being totally non-aggressive, why did the officer tase him repeatedly (with no effect) and use his baton on him (with no effect) before resorting to a sidearm?

I have no earthy idea why the cop did those things. It is not a normal reaction to a bloodied person, even a person assumed to be intoxicated who has just fallen from a second story window. That's why I want to know what on earth was in that cop's system that would make him shoot that poor guy.

At some point the rest of the story will come out.

The male witness said "he was being very aggressive and going after the cop." The female witness says "I think 10 people from the neighborhood could have held him down and got him some help."

Clearly he was not simply walking up to the cop to ask for help if the woman says it would take TEN PEOPLE to hold him down.

At some point the rest of the story will come out.

Ah, on this we can agree completely.

But on the "ten people" comment, her comment per the OP link was:

"If that officer wasn't there, I guarantee you 10 people from this neighborhood could have gotten that intoxicated child down on the ground and into an ambulance for help," she said. "He needed help, he didn't need to die."

There were firefighters and paramedics standing by---why not approach this as a medical emergency?

An added note---I've just discovered that I missed one of the interview videos on the OP link. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time. Now I realize where the 'schrooms comments are originating.
I've led a fairly interesting life and I've witnessed a lot of ingestion of mind-altering substances but I have never heard of this type of reaction from 'schrooms. If the ingestor had a "bad" experience they wound up in the fetal position begging to be left alone.
Even when alcohol is added to the mix, the behavior of a bad experience was never violent toward others. Heart-wrenching sobs from the fetal position was the most violent reaction I ever saw to that particular intoxicant. I realize that each body is unique so anything is possible. Contaminated 'schrooms is another possibility.

But we won't get the whole story until we find out what chemicals were racing through that cop's body.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

So in the case of the officer being nearly beaten to death, it was the officer's fault.

In the case of the man taking drugs, jumping out of a window, behaving violently (which 911 calls support), and refusing to comply with the officer's demands... it's NOT the guy's fault that he was killed.

The cops are always wrong. Got it.

Yes it was. She shouldn't have removed both subjects from the vehicle until she had support on scene. Further, she should have never searched the vehicle until the subjects were in cuffs, seated in the back of her cruiser.

No, the cops aren't always wrong. But in this case, and the case of the other thread I'm discussing, the officers were wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

That guy looks so intimidating.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How many cops have said " I have no other choice". I count it as 2 a day this year so far. Getting to over 400 cop kills this year alone. That sort of rationale is why most countries hate america.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

How many cops have said " I have no other choice". I count it as 2 a day this year so far. Getting to over 400 cop kills this year alone. That sort of rationale is why most countries hate america.

Logical fallacy so your entire post has no validity.

Either way it was a witness who said the cop tried other things and they didnt work and the guy was coming at him being aggressive and the cop probably felt he had no other choice.

So not only is your post a logical fallacy, it's also a WITNESS who used the words no other choice.

cop haters don't care, hatred is simply irrational by it's very nature.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Oh look another jump to conclusions, police bad, hands up don't shoot dominated thread.

I thought this site was about denying ignorance not perpetuating it?

At least two or three are fighting the good fight.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

I'm simply trying to sort out witness reports. We've yet to hear from any of the firefighters or paramedics on the scene.
The witnesses I saw interviewed stated that he had his hands over his head and was covered in blood.
I'm trying to imagine what must have been going through that cop's brain that made it misfire and make him loose all common sense and reason and freeze in fear, screaming at an unstable and bloody victim of a fall from a second story apartment.
All witness seem to agree that he was on the second story then he was on the ground without benefit of stairs. As a result of his hasty exit, he was covered in blood.
I want to see real evidence in the form of lab reports on what chemicals were coursing though the system of both men.
Only then will we know the real story.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

He (Morad) was like coming toward him like this all bloody from head to toe

Is this finely worded quote from another college student?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

a reply to: MoreBeer

I'm simply trying to sort out witness reports. We've yet to hear from any of the firefighters or paramedics on the scene.
The witnesses I saw interviewed stated that he had his hands over his head and was covered in blood.
I'm trying to imagine what must have been going through that cop's brain that made it misfire and make him loose all common sense and reason and freeze in fear, screaming at an unstable and bloody victim of a fall from a second story apartment.
All witness seem to agree that he was on the second story then he was on the ground without benefit of stairs. As a result of his hasty exit, he was covered in blood.
I want to see real evidence in the form of lab reports on what chemicals were coursing though the system of both men.
Only then will we know the real story.

You mean the cop who gave multiple verbal warnings, tasered the man twice, used his baton, and own body to try and stop the man without success?

I'm not sure what was going through his head but I imagine he thought the man was a danger to society and needed to do what he could to stop him seeing how it is his job and all.
edit on 4-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: darned predictive text error

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I don't hate cops. I normally take the cops side normally due to insufficient information being passed on and making the wrong initial assumptions.

Yes the witness said that, what's your point. I didn't say that cop said it. Stop drinking and behave.
Your posts revolve around all people being cop haters, ignoring the simple point that the kid did not need to be shot 4 TIMES.

Logical fallacy? Really? Behave.lmao

edit on 4-6-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
window
window.
the window.
the window

edit on 4-6-2015 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
whats up with this window glitch?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Thunderheart

Stop saying the forbidden words!!

Das fenster if you MUST use the concept, if you please!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
Because even in a medical emergency, Fire and EMS have to wait for Police to clear the scene and make the scene safe before going in. This is because kids or adults high on drugs and aggressive do pose a much higher threat than other situations. Fire and EMS are not armed. Police are, therefore once the scene is secure, medical will come in.

As far as hearing what the fire and ems personnel say about this. The cop tried non lethal force first and still had the person coming at him in an aggressive manner. Most of us who see the violence caused by these people high on drugs or just crazy, understand lethal force was justified.

For me it is like the little boy who cried wolf. You see the same cop haters in every thread regardless of if the shooting was justified or not. When you get the ones that were NOT justified, then u get the point. Alot of people are skeptical because many here spout the same garbage everytime.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: game over man

Waiting for the riots.....

They kill 3-4/day. Yes there should be more riots.

The lack of action is a commentary on American Fascists not on the moral standing of the killers. Fascists, after calculating how they might benefit, frequently support the police state. 40-50% of the population --maybe more. They will viciously punish anyone that tries to change the status quo.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Black on black violence is 10x that. Where are the riots and looting for that? Oh it doesn't fit the agenda of some. Down with the LEO!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Cops are people too. Yes they work promoting a state of fear. That is no different from the cultural world in which we live. The solution lies in all of us. There is no them and us.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join