It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach Police Officer Kills unarmed 20 year old college student

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I went to a concert with my brother around 10 or more years ago, after one of the warm up bands had finished we went to grab some drinks, he was talking to a chick at the bar I went for a cigarette outside. started chatting to a group of older people and asked a woman to hold my drink as i got my zippo and cigarettes out, said thanks and kept on chatting her up. five minutes later I hit the deck convulsing and couldnt breath, thinking i was some kind of light weight the old rolling stones fans cleared out pretty quick as the paramedics showed up.
Now during this whole ordeal when i was on the ground i had no comprehension of what was going on except that i couldnt breath,to the point i was going to die, the only thought in my mind that is still seared there from the experience today is not being able to breath and if you dont breathe soon you will die.
back in the triage room of the entertainment venue i got accused by the young female paramedic in a very agressive way of groping her breast, i tried to explain to her what had happened but she wouldnt have a bar of it and wanted me charged, I was saved when her supervisors an older female and male spoke to me and I told them what had happened.
did I conciously grab her there? of course no, I was reaching out for help I guess. as the people around me looked like blurs on a paint palate that i couldnt distinguish in form let alone gender.i didnt even know they were paramedics till I came around in the triage.
So I guess if this was in America and in 2015 the chances are i would have ended up dead from a spiked drink.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Mushrooms are "hardcore drugs"?

I think we'll find, and you can flame me all you want for speculating, that either alcohol or prescription drugs (or both) had a heavier hand in this than any mushroom.

Mushrooms do not inspire people to jump out of windows and attack cops.

I guarantee you that has never happened in the history of this planet.

We don't know exactly what drug he was on, I suspect it was probably something more nefarious than simply shrooms (probably shrooms combined with something else). Anything that causes someone to jump out of a 2nd story window and then continue on as if nothing happened is a hardcore drug.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: diggindirt

The evidence of drug use is in the OP, did you even read it?

Yes, I did indeed read it and watched the video. Both said autopsy results are pending.
You're not seriously saying that a tv reporter saying someone was on drugs is evidence?

I want to see evidence of what was running through the cop's bloodstream!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The last story about a guy jumping out of a window on drugs cut his penis off.

The witnesses in that case swore there were no dangerous drugs being taken, just a little weed being smoked.

Of course it turned out they were smoking PCP.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

RIght now, I am intoxicated. I enjoy gathering together with my friends every other week and abandoning all rationale to partake in an activity that leaves me with no common sense outside of passing out in my queen size bed harming no one, and endangering no one.

If I were to jump out of a two story building, intoxicated, I would probably still be stumbling around too.

If an officer cannot subdue me with a tazer, or by flat out kicking my tail without the use of a firearm, then they have no business being an officer.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The officer used "verbal commands, an electronic control device, an impact weapon, and physical force" on Morad, but was unsuccessful in restraining him.

From the witness statements sounds like never went hands on, just tazer the pew pew...

Of course he is just a druggie so who is going to miss that blight on society anyway right?

Poor kid, looks like he had a future ahead of him and one bad night means he needs to die.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
You're not seriously saying that a tv reporter saying someone was on drugs is evidence?

Him jumping through the window and the taser having no effect is evidence of a hardcore drug such as pcp. Why are you cop haters ignoring every part of the story you don't like?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

How can we make that story about evil cops? Let's say they shot his penis off. BAD COPS!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Mandroid7

Just because the cops did the wrong thing to you does not mean everything they do is wrong. Were you high on hardcore drugs so bad you jumped out a 2nd story window and then kept going as if nothing happened?

I completely understand. I am not a cop hater. they do serve a purpose when they are enforcing serious crimes.

I wasn't high, I just questioned his authority and two of them shot my spine with the taser.

So, I know there are bad cops out there.

And a second story window is only around 12' off the ground, it's not super human to survive that, especially onto grass.

We don't know he was on anything at this point. The shroom comment came from a fb post.

It's as accurate for me to speculate that he was hanging a picture on a ladder, tipped over, went through the window, smacked his melon, was incoherent, maybe lost his vision etc, etc.

It's all conjecture at this point, but I stand by not shooting unarmed people, unless they are chewing someones jugular out etc..

They have to be in full on attack mode, not just appear scary to you.

Can you tell me what would happen to a ccp holder in this situation?
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The officer used "verbal commands, an electronic control device, an impact weapon, and physical force" on Morad, but was unsuccessful in restraining him.

From the witness statements sounds like never went hands on, just tazer the pew pew...

Of course he is just a druggie so who is going to miss that blight on society anyway right?

Poor kid, looks like he had a future ahead of him and one bad night means he needs to die.

He never went hands on?

Explain to me how someone uses "physical force" to try to restrain someone without using their hands?

This poor kid with a bright future played a stupid game and won the stupid prize. He experimented with something that apparently screwed him up in the head so badly that reality went... out the window.

ETA: Why is "window" missing from my statement?

edit on 6/4/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Yes. I looked at the evidence, and decided. I don't know how that is hard for you to understand. You on the other hand just jump to "cops bad" even with evidence supporting this being a good shooting.

You haven't seen jack for evidence...

I get it, jump to cops being right is OK.
Thinking they were in the wrong is bad.
Got it!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Ever see a man with drug induced super strength...

The drugged out gentleman depicted in the clip above reportedly managed to turn at least two strangers’ cars into his own personal skateboards last week. His aggressive strength, he’d later tell the arresting officers, was, unsurprisingly, drug-induced.

link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The witnesses in that case swore there were no dangerous drugs being taken, just a little weed being smoked.

If a US Marshal from 1880 encountered an idiot on PCP during that time period, would they shoot them or beat them? My bet is they'd beat them into submission. It makes one wonder... were the peace keepers from the wild west made of sterner stuff than today's law enforcements.
edit on 6/4/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Answer

I am saying that it conflicts what they were saying.

Only the PD in the article seems to say he went hands on, the others said they saw the tazer and then the four shots when he got close.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I completely understand. I am not a cop hater. they do serve a purpose when they are enforcing serious crimes.

I wasn't high, I just questioned his authority and two of them shot my spine with the taser.

And I agree it sounds like what they did to you is criminal, there are plenty of terrible cops, I have experienced them myself.

And a second story window is only around 12' off the ground, it's not super human to survive that, especially onto grass.

No, but jumping out the window, and then acting in the manner he acted after, is indicative of a hardcore drug being taken.

It's as accurate for me to speculate that he was hanging a picture on a ladder, tipped over, went through the window, smacked his melon, was incoherent, maybe lost his vision etc, etc.

No, because that will not prevent a taser from working. The taser having no effect is indicative of drug use. the stumbling around part is not the full story, you need to stop cutting out the parts that you don't like and take the story as a whole.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Answer

I am saying that it conflicts what they were saying.

Only the PD in the article seems to say he went hands on, the others said they saw the tazer and then the four shots when he got close.

We don't know if witnesses saw the entire interaction.

We also see, from the variance in the witness statements, that eyewitnesses are hopelessly unreliable. Case in point: the Michael Brown shooting.

People will recall the incident with their own bias every single time. The woman thought the shooting was wrong so she tells it as "he just needed help, he didn't deserve to die" and the man says "from what I saw, the officer had no choice."

I tend to believe the person who offers facts instead of an emotional response.

link   

originally posted by: Answer
ETA: Why is "window" missing from my statement?

You used a forbidden word. Like d o n g l e or c o c a i n e, _ is a word that must not be typed unaltered.

link   

originally posted by: Answer

The witnesses (on the links I saw) all agreed that he had his hands up and was simply walking toward the cop. Nobody mentioned that he was acting aggressively. Or did I just blank that out?

I already quoted the witness saying exactly that, and the cop seemed to think he had no choice after the man wouldn't stop. So yes, they did.

So, in today's cops' world, walking toward someone with one's hand raised over one's head, from which blood is pouring, is an aggressive act worth of instant execution.
He was "walking" toward the cop. All the witnesses said "walking" not charging or running at, or anything that would suggest aggression. Where does it say in the law that a cop can't back off and wait for help if he feels threatened rather than taking a life?
I say give that cop a drug test. Let's see what he's been ingesting that made him so paranoid.

If the kid was "walking toward the cop" and being totally non-aggressive, why did the officer tase him repeatedly (with no effect) and use his baton on him (with no effect) before resorting to a sidearm?

I have no earthy idea why the cop did those things. It is not a normal reaction to a bloodied person, even a person assumed to be intoxicated who has just fallen from a second story window. That's why I want to know what on earth was in that cop's system that would make him shoot that poor guy.
In 25+ years of running archaeological field camps, I've come into contact with plenty of young, intoxicated, sometimes, upset and belligerently intoxicated. I've hauled my share of them to the ER to be stitched up when their stupidity caused blood loss.
But I NEVER---EVER----EVER---entertained the notion of shooting one of them. I'm a skinny thing, no match for any male in strength but I've never failed to subdue or have subdued an intoxicated person. If that cop were any kind of a human being with training that baton he should be carrying would have taken that young man down in a flash.
How about this: instead of approaching this bleeding human who has his hands above his head with gun drawn, how about approaching him with, "Hey buddy, you don't look so good, come over here and let's see if we can get you some help. What happened to you, man?"

edit on 4-6-2015 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Understood. Outside of my career as a security officer and EMT, I spent a couple years as a Deputy Jailer. I left that occupation because I got sick of fighting. I've encountered people that were on drugs that exponentially increased their physical ability. Even still, I had enough sense to recognize that even a person strung out on any given drug, cannot escape the human body's physical limitation. If a muscle is incapacitated, it cannot move.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: abe froman

If a US Marshal from 1880 encountered an idiot on PCP during that time period, would they shoot them or beat them? My bet is they'd beat them into submission. It makes one wonder... were the peace keepers from the wild west made of sterner stuff than today's law enforcements.

Why would you guess that? I would say people from the era of gun fights in the street would shoot someone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join