It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach Police Officer Kills unarmed 20 year old college student

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Like many people have said before. It all comes down to how Police in America are trained. UK police carry guns, do we see them shooting people daily. Just because you wear a badge shouldn't make you above the law. A unarmed person walking towards you with hands up, that hasn't attacked anyone, isn't probable cause to shoot in anyone's book.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Like many people have said before. It all comes down to how Police in America are trained. UK police carry guns, do we see them shooting people daily. Just because you wear a badge shouldn't make you above the law. A unarmed person walking towards you with hands up, that hasn't attacked anyone, isn't probable cause to shoot in anyone's book.

Stupid right?

If the fuzz down medway acted like the US cops then every friday night they would be mowing down the aggressive drunks and druggies with automatic fire
good job our pigs are not yellow bellied cowards and have a spine.
edit on 6-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Echo007

Stupid right?

If the fuzz down medway acted like the US cops then every friday night they would be mowing down the aggressive drunks and druggies with automatic fire
good job our pigs are not yellow bellied cowards and have a spine.

From several of the videos I've seen lately, it does seem as though there is a segment of paranoid freaks out there with badges and guns. It is very distressing.
This is the same department that just paid out a few million because the officers couldn't tell the difference between a water hose nozzle and a gun so they just shot and killed the guy. Funny, because in that case it was a neighbor who called and complained that the man had a gun.
In the OP case, the cop KNEW the man was unarmed. What made him so afraid?
In our state, if that officer had taken a life with his automobile he would automatically have to submit to a blood test. It seems only logical to have the same requirement of him when he takes a life with his weapon.
edit on 6-6-2015 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I just dont get it.

I have seen a exact situation as this go down in the UK

Some drunk/drugged guy in a massive freak out on the street.

The policeman called in back up of 4 others and they all jumped him to the ground and cuffed him then called a ambulence, by the time they arrived the guy had knackered himself out struggling. EMTs gave him a once other then they dumped the guy in the back of a police van.

No one drew a gun, no one even fired a tazor.

Did it require more effort? Of course but here life does not come so cheap the police would rather just fill someone with lead than go through extea effort.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
It's true my friend. From the reports I've seen, they're shooting anything that moves toward them, dog, pig, cow or human. It is really bizarre and I'd like to know what is causing this wave of paranoid cops that is sweeping the nation. Can we drug test them to rule that out? To me it just makes sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Tragic really, so sad!

I bet the officer in questions Mother is so proud of her son for managing to shoot and kill a young Man who was obviously more of a danger to himself than anyone else.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Best comment in the thread.

I really liked the part where you somehow managed to drag the cop's mother into the equation.

Very, very class use of a "your mom" line.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In response to your query, yes, Doug Zerby was gunned down in LB. For watering his lawn. But in the officer's defense, Doug was watering his neighbor's lawn, and there are strict laws about using water, in California, and we are a nation of laws. I'd suggest that he was using drugs, because, why would a sane person be using precious water for someone else's lawn?

See Something, Say Something.

www.liveleak.com...

LBPD also murdered Jason Conoscenti, by firing squad, because he was walking toward a beach (almost made it) while suspected of having shoplifted something from Target. The psychopaths (cops and media creatures) lied to us, and broadcasted that Jason was armed, but a video taken from a bird's eye view showed that Jason was unarmed. Hard to keep up with this police force and their carnivorous lunar activities. Really shocking video here.

www.liveleak.com...

reply to: diggindirt

# 456

edit on 6-6-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
This is happening way too frequently...this is a bizarre and sad story.... I doubt it was psilocybin mushrooms but something much stronger.

A 20 year old college student was on some type of drugs, possibly mushrooms, according to the Facebook comments, and jumped through the glass out of a 2nd story window. A neighbor called 911 to report that a young man jumped out of a 2nd story window and seemed irate. An officer arrived and the young man was walking towards him with his hands up. The officer tazed him twice and then warned he would shoot. The officer shot him 4 times in the chest from about 4 arm lengths away according to a witness standing right there. Another witness reported the same thing 25 feet away, saying there was a lot of blood from the window cutting him and the 4 shots.

This is terrible. Rest in Peace. Could have been handled way differently...When will this be address and disciplined? The police are out of control!

NBC Los Angeles news and multiple video coverage

Wow, you are still demanding that this officer had not defended himself? HE WAS TAZED TWICE TO NO EFFECT. This has to show even the most Liberal mind how messed up he was and how dangerous he could have been.

Jesus, there is no appeasing Liberals.

EDIT: I see this thread has already been infested by Criminal apologists. I'd seriously love if people had to walk in a cop's shoes for a month before you are allowed to bash cops before all the evidence is in. This guy was quite obviously drunk out of his mind. He jumped out a second story window and was so freaking intoxicated he was able to continue walking. Someone then called the cops and this officer got thrown into the situation. Now, after having jumped through a window twenty feet to the ground and somehow still walking around and the officer arriving on scene to HELP HIM, the man threatened to attack him. After attempting to talk him down, tazing him, getting into a physical altercation and still not backing down, the officer did what he had to do to protect his life.

For all you ignorant posters out there, he didn't have TIME for backup to arrive, as this man approached him then began the physical altercation. This cop didn't show up to arrest/kill someone, he was the first responder to a 911 call of someone who came out a second story window.
edit on 6-6-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Well according to the cop he was...

Could it be that the connection wasn't made?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well according to the cop he was...

Could it be that the connection wasn't made?

Maybe you are unfamiliar with how Tasers work then. Tasers are single shot weapons. Have someone come at you, you tase them and it doesn't work. "Oh, I'm sorry man, give me a second, let me reload this taser so I can try again" And, this cop took multiple steps to de-escalate the situation. He tased him, he tried to physically restrain him and he even tried to talk the guy down, NONE of it worked.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Im sure the officer father is also totally ashamed of him pumping multiple rounds into an already injured unarmed college student covered in blood.

Lucky escape for the officer considering the unquestionable threat such a nefarious individual must have posed.
edit on 6-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

"Like many people have said before. It all comes down to how Police in America are trained. UK police carry guns, do we see them shooting people daily."

Give them time and i imagine they will eventually get the hang of it. After all they seem to be ok at tasering blind men out for a walk.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Dude you're totally right!

I bet the cops dog doesn't care though. Probably greets him at the door wagging his tail every day. Clearly the dog is also a psychopath and should be put down alongside his owner!!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well if the officer does indeed posses a psychopathic dog it should be most careful around its owner. Considering it might just get repeatedly shot, especially so if injured.

I can just picture the poor wee thing all curled up at the bottom of his bed, sleeping away peacefully. Dude moves his foot and the dog has a wee snarl or growl, as dogs will do. Out comes the gun from under the officers pillow, BANG...BANG, BANG.....problem solved.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Totally man you are 100% right. If you could've somehow managed to work the guys mom AND the dogs mother in to your scenario somehow it would've been way cooler and impactful but I guess you tried.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You're the one that introduced psychopathic dogs in to the equation. LoL

I merely questioned what the Man's parents would think of his actions.

Probably best not to pander to you really, have a good evening.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No I am familiar with how they work.
I have also been told multiple times that they do not always make the connection, therefore the shock not getting to the person. Always hear that clothing can a part in that.

So it may not have had an affect, because there was not affect to be made.

Can't say I have personal experience, but I don't think shrooms make you immune to pain.
TBH I would think it would have the opposite affect.
All that being said I am happy to see that at least it was used before shots fired.
Just don't see how it can show alone that the kid was a danger to the officer.

I don't take the cops word as fact as he is a biased source of information, and IMO are prone to lying or using creative report writing rather, when they recall the event.
They are after all, justifying the use of lethal force.
Seems you have a different opinion on that.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You clearly don't know anything about tasers, that frat boys and the like get drunk and taser each other all the time. Here's one of many youtube videos.

You also completely ignore the witness statements, and make assumptions I'm a liberal on a conspiracy theory website? I'm not sure what your problem is but that should default me to a conspiracy theorist, not associated with any political party.

He shot him 4 times. Really? Why was 4 shots necessary? Since you were there....

You're claiming the "criminal", guilty of what, public endangerment? You didn't even say what he was guilty of? Drunk in public? Anyway the "criminal" you claim was able to move fast, be quick on his feet, ready to fist fight the officer? Is that true? You swear by that?

Do we know how successful of a taser attempt we have? Or did he used his taser twice and it didn't do anything because the "criminal" was barely tased? How do you explain the cop shooting him standing 4 arm lengths away from him? Are you arguing that the witnesses made up the statements about the man walking towards him with his hands up?

You assume way too much thinking this intoxicated man could have caused more than $10,000 dollars in damages, if the cop just let the man act crazy while more help came along. In that case the man would have eventually been taken into custody when more help arrived, taken to the hospital, and then wake up with a massive hangover, criminal charges, and multiple costly fines to pay for the destruction of the property.

I have seen cops stand back while some intoxicated fool is causing a scene, the intoxicated person will eventually just fall over or give up from exhaustion. It's really not that complicated. Or 5 cops surround him and take him down. You know what a straight jacket is? I've known of people to be so intoxicated and a danger to themselves they get strapped down to a table on wheels and put in a straight jacket on the scene. Usually those people pay the legal consequences are sober for the rest of their life, leading on a successful life, there are many.

You clearly do not know about other similar crimes that happen on a frequent basis that end in completely different results. Maybe sit in on an AA or NA meeting and hear some stories. Or maybe do some attempts at researching the subject of police successfully arresting a violent intoxicated person, and helping that person rehabilitate themselves. I bet the odds are much more frequent of the police able to take down a intoxicated rioter than it is to shoot and kill them on the scene. You argue the opposite proclaiming that this is how the police handle the situation, and name calling people online, saying we are on a liberal agenda. Wow...ok....you couldn't be more wrong with your analysis of the story and your thoughts on police activity involving an intoxicated rioter.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Do you know if the Police officer responsible for this Murder has been named as of yet?

Considering i think its quite clear that people who are responsible for such actions should be named and shamed, cant hide behind a badge forever.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join