It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the patriot expires at midnight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Will they or won't they keep it going, is Isis enough, or rest in patriot act, one of those weird laws in history.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: warren408

Annnnnnnnd ???????????

edit on 31-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Rand Paul vows to stop it, but we shall see.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It will turn into a black-ops funded by dark redirected money.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There MUST be drama in Congress, just as there must be an ISIS or Al-Qaeda to create the need for the "Patriot" Act. Nothing patriotic about losing my Constitutional rights, IMO. Am I safer today than I was when I was 12 and there was no worry that the prize in my Cracker Jacks was only that much wanted secret decoder ring...

It will pass as sure as the sun will rise on the morrow.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Well its gone.Although lovely Fox News is predicting it to be overhauled and reinstated soon. So not much of a win if this comes true.Which I see happening.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

There MUST be drama in Congress, just as there must be an ISIS or Al-Qaeda to create the need for the "Patriot" Act. Nothing patriotic about losing my Constitutional rights, IMO. Am I safer today than I was when I was 12 and there was no worry that the prize in my Cracker Jacks was only that much wanted secret decoder ring...

It will pass as sure as the sun will rise on the morrow.

I gotta agree here.

It has not made me safer.

It has cost me my right to my personal data though.

I say they can fight this the old fashioned way, or get tossed, whichever works best for them.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They say it's gone. How do we know they'll really stop though? It'll be like Obama's immigration decrees. The judiciary has put those on hold, but the orders continued to be carried out because it'll all be found perfectly legal later on, right?

This'll likely be the same.

Yep, the law lapsed, but they'll only pass it again later on, so why bother stopping?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's 12:08EST, here.

I don't care what they say- I call bull#. There are way too many things keeping these monsters in control legally, let alone what they do outside of law.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

We have sowed way more than we have reaped with this well executed constitutional rights grabbing Patriot Act.

2 young men with crock pots injured our nation. Tech savvy and not afraid to die for their cause.

Charlie Hebdo. An even bigger injury but to a broader target....global statement made.

ISIS has proven to have successfully created a social media recruitment platform and our guys in the white stetsons have managed to grab a few recruits before they boarded their flights. But what about those wearing black stetsons that are not stopped? (no racism intended)

Obama's legacy is ISIS. He lies about them being decimated, lies about them having been weakened, and lies about them not being active here on US soil...not one scintilla of truth from that man's mouth.

And the Patriot Act creates a great loss to us all because we are getting attacked in spite of it's existence. More so because of it!

edit on 1433132444Sunday31Sun, 31 May 2015 23:20:44 -0500pmSunday20111131 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

First person to call their mom at 12:01 and says "The bomb goes off as allah commands at noon. we will blow up the americans"........ wins.

Record it if you can.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

My mother has been dead for 25 years now.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Its ok to substitute with a friend or a gas station.

make sure you record it or you will not win.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Its ok to substitute with a friend or a gas station.

make sure you record it or you will not win.

Low blow....chill

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Passive

I dont understand?? The point is that the surveillance isn't really dead until proven dead.

That is my opinion. So um chill yourself.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You want me to replace my mother with a gas station?

Did you recently fall out of the stupid tree and strike every branch on the way down?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Telling someone to substitute their dead mother for a friend, really? Classless.

Back on topic. Dead or not it will be reinstated. Maybe some overhaul, maybe a new name. It'll be back. Not a win.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You took a comment I made personally on purpose. Im sorry your mother is dead... Mine is too. Is that relevant to this thread really or even my comment much less my point?

Or was I suppose to immediately break down and throw some sobs at you to make you feel better because you threw the "my mom is dead card?"

Tell you what.... don't worry about the contest.

cheers

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If I wanted pity from you I could have thrown out a much bigger card. I don't do contest.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

This thread was started about 8 hrs before yours, 3 pages.

You may find it informative.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just click 'new' topics and scroll down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join