It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This is the most stupid story I have read, the women is looking for a minute of prime time fame.

And she is using her "muslim status for it too." She was on a mission to show that she was discriminated, I see it as her been full of crap.

Every time I have traveled I seen the attendant opening the can of sodas and pouring them on a plastic cup.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
not sure about the can
but drinking soda can eventually kill you

at concerts its standard to pour into plastic cups for safety reasons
for one thing they roll and can be tripped on
just everybody gets a plastic cup
edit on Monam6b20156America/Chicago29 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: reldra

Are you freeking kidding me? I have asked for an "full" can of soda on planes and it is 50/50 if I can con them into it and they usually open it.

This is so trivial and whiny that I cannot believe it made news. If it was ANYONE else besides a "protected class" nobody would give 2 sh!ts.

Leech looking for a payday and to to make anyone pay for the capital crime of offending a protected class.

I keep hearing this about a "payday" as a former civil rights worker in Ohio I feel obligated to inform you that there is no "payday" in these cases. Generally the remedy involves the stewards would have to take training that would have to be paid for by the airline. No big money this isn't McDonald's coffee. It's religious discrimination.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Which part of her being denied it for "security reasons" missed you Marg?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

It's not about what it *is*

It's about what people might think it *is*

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I don't fly much anymore, but in all the flying commercial that I've done, that's exactly the way it was done.

Open it. Pour some into the cup. Leave both with the passenger.

I'm thinking: Mountain out of a molehill, here. Actually not even a molehill...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've never been given a whole can on a plane. They open a can and pour it into at least two cups. They can usually serve at least two people if not three with a can. I might have to call shenanigans on this woman.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: maybee

I've never been given a whole can on a plane.

I have gotten an entire can when I have not been in first class. I really think it depends on the crew and the flight.

And whether you ask.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe so. I've never ordered alcohol so not sure about the beer she was talking about. I just get the little plastic cup with soda or juice. I've never been asked by the flight attendant how I wanted it served.
I haven't flown since 2013.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Maybe so. I've never ordered alcohol so not sure about the beer she was talking about. I just get the little plastic cup with soda or juice. I've never been asked by the flight attendant how I wanted it served.
I haven't flown since 2013.

I fly almost weekly and I always get the same thing, bloody mary mix. Around half the time I get the whole can, mostly on the quieter flights.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I've never been given a whole can on a plane.

I have gotten an entire can when I have not been in first class. I really think it depends on the crew and the flight.

And whether you ask.

Maybe consistency would prevent "misunderstandings".

If I asked for an unopened can, was refused, then the guy next to me is handed an unopened can of beer --- I'd question it too.

She had every right to question and assume there was a difference in how she was treated.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Agreed. There is proper protocol for such contingencies and handing a passenger a pre-opened soda isn't one of them. I would have refused for health reasons as well. That stewardess sounds like a real snot. Absolute disgrace and most definitely not fit to fly the Friendly Skies. For shame. That was just rude and mean and a total double standard all the way around. Proper Muslim women are some of the most gentle and proper ladies I've ever known. And any of you who say otherwise are just big meanies.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
If I asked for an unopened can, was refused, then the guy next to me is handed an unopened can of beer --- I'd question it too.

I would certainly say something as well. I want my damn Mr. and Mrs. T's Bloody Mary mix!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
There is proper protocol for such contingencies and handing a passenger a pre-opened soda isn't one of them. I would have refused for health reasons as well.

All the flights I have been on I have seen the crew pour drinks for the passengers.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly! It's supposed to be part of the service experience!

The last time I flew a red-eye I was in coach and that was how it was done.

You open in front of the passenger and pour gently into the plastic cup.

It saddens me when things get so out of hand regarding "suspicion" that politeness and kindness are forsaken and that so many Muslim-Americans are subjected to such suspicions because of bad press, hyperbole and rudeness because of those few bad apples out there.

Some might argue "better safe than sorry" but whatever.

If civility and kindness is lost then the human race have nothing to gain or maintain.

I'd hate to live in a world of that design.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Agreed. However when I do get the entire can it is already opened for me, I have never gotten an unopened can.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Agreed. However when I do get the entire can it is already opened for me, I have never gotten an unopened can.

But, some people have.

And the guy sitting next to her was handed an unopened can of beer. That's where the issue is.

Maybe there is different rules for alcohol. I'm just a passenger. I'm not required to know its OK to hand out an unopened can of beer, but not an unopened can of soda.

It was handled poorly.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Maybe there is different rules for alcohol. I'm just a passenger. I'm not required to know its OK to hand out an unopened can of beer, but not an unopened can of soda.

It was handled poorly.

I have gotten opened cans of beer in both first and coach, I do not think there is a company mandate not to give unopened cans.

Either way, I agree, if true it was handled poorly.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

like I say In my experience while traveling, the fly attendants open the cans in front of me and pour the drinks in a plastic cup, why she has to be special?

Do you think she should be special?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I got it better, I am planning to travel home in the Caribbean next august, I will request to have an unopened can of soda, let see if I am denied, I swear if I am denied I will sue because the airline may be racist, you know me been latina from the Caribbean

Yes I am going to see if I am special or just deemed a treat.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join