It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

i didn't and wish it was pre 1945, 1, i would be proud and 2, i would probably be dead so could not care less
edit on 2015-05-31T13:56:47-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 13:56:47 -0500bSunday5605America/Chicago151 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Beer- Not Shared
Soda - Shared

Do none of you fly? This is what I found the funniest. They open a can of soda, and will fill the 4 oz cup with ice and get a few fills out of it. As they are doing beverage service. You buy a beer and you buy a beer. Anytime outside of beverage service they simply brought me a can...

Next, the flight attendant does not say, at any time, that she said it could be used as a weapon. That is what the passenger said. I think she did not think through the lie enough as the 'beer can' was provided.

Also, take 3 cans of soda/beer, put it in a sock in from your bag/purse, and you can knock someone the freak out.

The problem was the man who supposedly yelled at her. If that did happen, it was not right but it would be covered under free speech, right? I mean, if someone can burn a flag someone should be able to pose opinion? Not saying it is right just protected...

This whole thing though does not sit right. I think there is some 'creative reporting' being performed.
edit on 05pm31pmf0000002015-05-31T13:56:42-05:000142 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Beer- Not Shared
Soda - Shared

Do none of you fly? This is what I found the funniest. They open a can of soda, and will fill the 4 oz cup with ice and get a few fills out of it. As they are doing beverage service. You buy a beer and you buy a beer. Anytime outside of beverage service they simply brought me a can...

Next, the flight attendant does not say, at any time, that she said it could be used as a weapon. That is what the passenger said. I think she did not think through the lie enough as the 'beer can' was provided.

Also, take 3 cans of soda/beer, put it in a sock in from your bag/purse, and you can knock someone the freak out.

The problem was the man who supposedly yelled at her. If that did happen, it was not right but it would be covered under free speech, right? I mean, if someone can burn a flag someone should be able to pose opinion? Not saying it is right just protected...

This whole thing though does not sit right. I think there is some 'creative reporting' being performed.

There ya go, someone else against TSA, thought it was the RIGHT thing, to protect, you know, freedoms

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Is there a recording? Just curious how you conclude this.

It is not unusual to not want something from an open can. This can not be the only time a passenger requested an unopened can. While there is routines and procedures, there is always exceptions too. How has this been handled with other passengers requesting unopened cans?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just read the CNN article that was linked in the OP and am truly disgusted.

At first, I was like "there's NO way" this happened but after reading more about the woman, I am convinced she is telling the truth. She's a professional (she was on her way to a conference) has premier frequent flier status (meaning she travels a whole lot, probably for her job) and is obviously well educated based on the facts in the article.

You don't just fall into her position at Northwestern University without quite a bit of knowledge and experience, that is for sure. She is also a chaplain. Being a nurse I have worked with chaplains from all sorts of different ethnic and religious backgrounds and have never met one I didn't like.

However, I have encountered several rude individuals on airplanes, both passengers and airline employees.

IMHO, this lady has NOTHING to gain by lying about the situation. It went viral because it is not only ridiculous, but totally discriminatory and nasty. The world is full of people like that and not nearly enough people like her.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Indeed, like a communist slaughter that happened in Meligala of 1400 people (accused to be nazi), including women and children with axes and tin cans.
The tin can were cut and used as knifes!!
Freaky bastards...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You buy into some religion and thereby sell yourself into bondage and yet display outrage over an opened soda? Can you drink soda while wearing a burkha?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

However, I have encountered several rude individuals on airplanes, both passengers and airline employees.

I have flown commercial all my life. My mom worked for an airlines.

One thing I've noticed is, SOME flight attendants are on power trips. I never, prior to recent years, experienced the rudeness that SOME flight attendance express these days.

There's probably more expectation today in their job ---- but, SOME don't know how to handle it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
You buy into some religion and thereby sell yourself into bondage and yet display outrage over an opened soda? Can you drink soda while wearing a burkha?

Talk about extremism.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe there were dinosaur embryos in the can? I've seen "Jurassic Park", I know what happens next...running and screaming. :p

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
if she doesn't like it , fly a different airline.
she does not need nor deserve special treatment

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
TBH sounds like a concocted story.

Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

She wasn't wearing a burkha, try not to let the ignorance get in the way of what was actually happening.
a reply to: vettex2
She wasn't asking for special treatment, just for an unopened can...

And she is doing exactly what you said, but she doesn't have much choice when she is at cruising altitude.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

A Muslim chaplain and director of interfaith engagement at Northwestern University, Ahmad, 31, was traveling Friday from Chicago to Washington for a conference promoting dialogue between Israeli and Palestinian youth. She was wearing a headscarf, or hijab.

The "incident" is a perfect topic for the conference I would think.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why? What would this have to do with the youths of those countries?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's wrong ,she's right. Someoone is a f##k up.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

dialog.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

"See all the struggle I face flying as a Muslim woman?!?!" "Israeli's have Jewish privilege!"

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: vettex2
if she doesn't like it , fly a different airline.
she does not need nor deserve special treatment

Seriously?

Special treatment?

And I bet you are one of those people who fights against rules of the establishment.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Are you freeking kidding me? I have asked for an "full" can of soda on planes and it is 50/50 if I can con them into it and they usually open it.

This is so trivial and whiny that I cannot believe it made news. If it was ANYONE else besides a "protected class" nobody would give 2 sh!ts.

Leech looking for a payday and to to make anyone pay for the capital crime of offending a protected class.
edit on 31-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join