It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I bet you said the same when Tawana Brawley was "raped"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm afraid shenanigans is about to be called...

Well not by me. I called shenanigans when I first read it.

My guess is there is a smidgen of truth to the story but someone wanted unwarranted attention and added some more spice.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
And, if she is filing a lawsuit, not answering questions is the right thing to do.

I am not aware of a lawsuit being filed.

Witnesses? Will just have to wait and see.

Indeed, but the longer it goes, the odder it becomes.

edit on 1-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And, if she is filing a lawsuit, not answering questions is the right thing to do.

I am not aware of a lawsuit being filed.

Witnesses? Will just have to wait and see.

Indeed, but the longer it goes, the odder it becomes.

Oh, yes -- they stated they were talking to lawyers. No lawsuit yet.

BTW -- I am not a frivolous lawsuit supporter.

My personal "feeling" is the flight attendant has/had underlying prejudice --- that surfaced without intent. Of course, more is needed for a lawsuit.

I think my biggest issue is there seems to be extreme inconsistencies in flight service and procedures.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of 'jumping to conclusions' on both sides of this story. What I do know, from reading articles from various sites is that she posted her side of the story on facebook. According to the story posted by Breitbart, her facebook page has been taken down. There are a few details on the Breitbart story that I haven't seen on other sites.

www.breitbart.com... ical-imams/

According to this story she has ties to radical Islamic extremist. Is this true? I do not know anymore than I know whether her story is true. There does seem to be more to the story than what we have seen so far.

A recording of the incident would seal the deal for me, one way or the other. So many people today record their every waking moment. Hopefully someone was recording what ever happened.
edit on 1-6-2015 by Khaleesi because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You post is a very short statement, You truly can not believe everything your read when the story is starts to sound odd, after your read the accounts.

If is something I have learned since my childhood is to question everything that doesn't make sense to me, I also told my children to do the same.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I call it the Human factor, sometimes it just happens, other times is pre calculated.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I agree, the truth will set her free, if somebody wrong her she has the right to be outraged at such indignities, but if is just an exaggeration of the truth, then she should be ashamed.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: reldra

Are you freeking kidding me? I have asked for an "full" can of soda on planes and it is 50/50 if I can con them into it and they usually open it.

This is so trivial and whiny that I cannot believe it made news. If it was ANYONE else besides a "protected class" nobody would give 2 sh!ts.

Leech looking for a payday and to to make anyone pay for the capital crime of offending a protected class.

No, I am not 'freeking' kidding you. I assure you.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I bet you said the same when Tawana Brawley was "raped"

Not relevant. Thread drift...really.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is new, I think. The company says that they don't have a rule on open or not.

When a Muslim woman was denied an unopened can of soda on an United Airlines flight, she was allegedly told it was against policy — but the company that was operating that flight said Monday that they don't have rules on whether drinks are served opened or not.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This is new, I think. The company says that they don't have a rule on open or not.

When a Muslim woman was denied an unopened can of soda on an United Airlines flight, she was allegedly told it was against policy — but the company that was operating that flight said Monday that they don't have rules on whether drinks are served opened or not.

www.nbcnews.com...

The text of that statement annoys me "WHEN a Muslim woman was denied..."

They're running with the story like it's 100% factual and they haven't bothered to do any checking.

If I post on Facebook that I was molested by a flight attendant on my last flight, will the whole world go bananas and help support me just because I fabricated a story that nobody else can corroborate or is that a right reserved for Muslim women?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is her "bio" from Northwestern U....

Sister Tahera Ahmad, University Chaplain

Note: Obama is mentioned !!!!!!!!!

(post by Annee removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

www.nbcnews.com...

They're running with the story like it's 100% factual and they haven't bothered to do any checking.

If I post on Facebook that I was molested by a flight attendant on my last flight, will the whole world go bananas and help support me just because I fabricated a story that nobody else can corroborate or is that a right reserved for Muslim women?

It's vey clear where you stand.

Muslim = bad

That is a very large assumption on your part. What I took from his post was that her word is being taken as truth for the simple reason that she is Muslim and no other reason. He plainly stated that her version is being reported as fact without any fact checking.
edit on 1-6-2015 by Khaleesi because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I think she is a liar!! They all claim discrimination and most are probably lies.
Whiny

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

www.nbcnews.com...

It's vey clear where you stand.

Muslim = bad

Yeah, nice try.

Here's where I stand:

Accepting anyone's word as fact without any substantiating evidence = bad.

The media is going crazy with this story and nobody knows if it's true or not. That is bad and sets a dangerous precedent.

The only reason the media is running with this story is because she's a well-known Muslim. If any other person made this complaint, it would not be national news right now.

In a rush to show the world that "Islamophobia" is bad, this has become national news and nobody has a clue whether or not this is a fabricated story.

I view all religions the same... I don't agree with the beliefs but people can believe whatever they want. What I am ADAMANTLY against is anyone using their religion to declare themselves a "protected class" that deserves extra special snowflake treatment compared to the rest of the world. When that happens, you can't call a jerk a jerk because it's "discrimination."

Annee, this isn't the first time I've seen you make incorrect assumptions about people. You really should stop that bad habit.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The biggest red flag is the fact that she has pulled down her Facebook page and won't respond to media requests for comment.

I bet she posted her fabricated story and when it blew up, she went into "OH CRAP!" lockdown mode because she knows she can't substantiate the story.

She probably expected to get a few likes and comments on Facebook but now it's national news and she just wants it to go away before people realize she's a liar.

If she was genuinely slighted by the flight attendant and the other passenger really used some lines that sound like they're from a movie, she would be on CNN right now talking about it. Instead, she's hiding... what does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

If it did indeed happen the way the lady states, one would imagine there would be at least some collaborating witness aboard the flight to confirm her story.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

hey! that happened to me also!!!
it didn't but how would you know right? we're just taking her word for it. how many others have lied about something happening horrible to them only to find out the atrocity was self inflicted?

pics or it didn't happen

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join