It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I didn't know where to put this. posse comitatus wasn't allowing me to post. Denied unopened Soda

This might seem small, but others were treated differently than she was. I find it discriminatory.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I didn't know where to put this. posse comitatus wasn't allowing me to post. Denied unopened Soda

This might seem small, but others were treated differently than she was. I find it discriminatory.

I find it insane. The man next to her gets an unopened can of beer, but she can't get an unopened can of diet coke? And what the hell do they mean by using it as a weapon??? "Do as I say, or I'll shake this can really, really, hard and then open it in your face! I'm not bluffing!"

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Metal cans can be used as a deadly weapon, they are really sharp once broken and its not hard to break. Also a full can when thrown at someone can hurt.

However what happened is utterly ridiculous. Seriously, who is more dangerous, a woman who happens to be Muslim who wants a can of coke, or a man, who's religion is not mentioned, with a beer? Who's to know how much beer he has had previously? He could easily get drunk and cause all manner of problems.

Most people of all religions, however misled they are by their beliefs, just want to live their lives in peace. It is only a minority who cause problems, why should everyone suffer due to the minority? Live and let live.

+16 more 
posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I would like a video or independent verification of the man screaming at her in the plane, after all we live in a world where people fake being attacked by neo nazi and draw inverted swastikas in their foreheads to seek attention.

I have got closed cans, most of the time they open them before passing the can.

Truly I just don't trust people anymore, things seems to happen way more to activist than regular folks, its like they are magnets for it, or just fabricating situations all the time.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
If the airlines are worried about cans being used as a weapon, shouldn't beverages be served in plastic containers? If they have to pay an engineer to design a beverage container just for use on flights so be it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

BS. Hygiene reasons? i cant see what her problem was, she wants to PSHtttttttt instead of seeing a flight attendant PSHttttttt'ing in front of her? what do we do with coffee, make it ourselves with water we bring on board, watch it being boiled and pored? that is not gonna happen anytime soon because 100 degrees C boiling water, guess what, can be used as a weapon.

[snipped]

Tell you what, lets make this easy. In the future, ALL "fare paying" passengers must be, 1, naked and , 2 hand and leg cuffed for our own personal safety.

I guess that is why the Captain of the recent Germanwings airbus crash in the Alps could not gain access to the cockpit, he tried with an axe, (where did the axe come from i wonder) perhaps he should have tried an unopened can of diet coke

Ridiculous comments i am sure, both she and the airline need to get a life

Boycott the airline in question, until they grasp the concept that a can of unopened diet coke is about as dangerous as my plumped manhood, and ban that passenger who thinks that pulling a ring pull, on a diet coke, unless done by her hand, is un-hygienic

Rant Off

CbG

edit on 2015-05-31T06:34:25-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 06:34:25 -0500bSunday3405America/Chicago156 by corblimeyguvnor because: Schwepes

edit on 2015-05-31T06:50:51-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 06:50:51 -0500bSunday5005America/Chicago156 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T06:54:07-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 06:54:07 -0500bSunday5405America/Chicago156 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 31 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: comment deleted by staff

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
if true, that's an unfortunate PR fumble. and bad form.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My blood is boiling over this incident, I can feel the bile in my mouth....or it may just be the carbonation.

Must say that this is perhaps the most trivial thread I've seen on ATS, and I like it. flag and star for coming to the defense of a woman wronged (and thirsty).

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You guys think this is real news.? Seems very over the top, for the year 2015 that is. Could play actors or government agents attempt to poke the bee nest of isis cells in america? What about that Mohammed cartoon contest...

Oh well
edit on 31-5-2015 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Get a greedy lawyer and that can of soda will turn into a bountiful milk cow.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
My blood is boiling over this incident, I can feel the bile in my mouth....or it may just be the carbonation.

Must say that this is perhaps the most trivial thread I've seen on ATS, and I like it. flag and star for coming to the defense of a woman wronged (and thirsty).

I'm in 100% agreement with you, which is not at all unusual Aleister.

I was particularly aggrieved with the man who got in her face.

+21 more 
posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My blood is boiling because someone just posted on facebook a story without evidence and people bought it as the truest word to the point they call for a boycott to a company.

If you were jury I wonder how many innocent people would have you condemn of rape just because someone said it happened.

Have you heard the word of the flight attendant? independent witness? just the Facebook post of her, a woman known for causing controversy according to the op link, you just bought it without thinking for a moment there is the possibility ts fabricated? because that never happens right, people never lie to call attention, nope never...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I can't be certain where the truth lies in this story, but i don't believe that i have ever been given an unopened can on a flight - usually half is poured into the plastic cup and then handed to me along with the half full (get me, i'm an optimist?) can.

Frankly both possible sides of the story (she's an attention seeking faker/she's entirely honest) seem quite plausible.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I agree she should NOT be given an unopened can (no-one should) - just as it happens on Qantas, Virgin Aust, JetStar and other domestic carriers here in Aust. This policy is primarily to ensure unopened cans are not taken off the plane and then further on sold - that's why they are clearly printed with specific labeling about being for flights only - same happens at hotels and bars too with cans and premixed alcoholic beverages..........in Australia at least anyway. (my wife is a liquor-licence holder)

A man sitting across the aisle turned to her and yelled, "You Muslim, you need to shut the f--- up," she said.

"What?"

The man leaned over, looked her in the eyes and said: "Yes, you know you would use it as a weapon. So shut the f--- up," according to Ahmad.

"I felt the hate in his voice and his raging eyes," Ahmad wrote on Facebook while the plane was still in flight. "I can't help but cry ... because I thought people would defend me and say something. Some people just shook their heads in dismay."

That weak-minded excuse for a bloke is a victim of propaganda - totally showing hate for someone he does not know and decides to spit on the fact she is an American citizen by instead focusing in on her religion.........I mean WTF are some folks thinking.

I genuinely feel sorry for her as a consequence of the events that transpired resulting in her being brought to tears - and her excuse re: hygiene could easily have been addressed by allowing her to witness it being opened just prior to having it handed to her.

Poor form for the flight attendant to give others unopened cans so this attendant is also a victim of propaganda too as s/he clearly was not complying with company policy regarding serving customers but was instead serving as s/he pleased - and bigotry showed.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
If the airlines are worried about cans being used as a weapon, shouldn't beverages be served in plastic containers? If they have to pay an engineer to design a beverage container just for use on flights so be it.

I may be wrong, but i don't believe that you would need to hire a team of engineers to decide to order stuff in plastic bottles instead of cans

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

If you were jury I wonder how many innocent people would have you condemn of rape just because someone said it happened.

Been there. done that. How many times have i heard the following (Jury service 2 times)

During deliberation ............ "if it's come this far, they must be guilty" ....... lol, honestly, i am not making that up

Clarification for the UK readers (I have been on both Jury Service as mentioned above) but ...... since have been submitted to Crown (trial by Jury) for a non offence, but the system works this way.

Police arrest you and charge you

CPS decide if its worth following up

CPS decide yes, you go to Magistrates Court

CPS have a say in Magistrates, the defendant gets no say

Magistrates decides it too "BIG" and commit you to crown .... Trial by Jury

Crown 1 ........ decide if to go ahead with trial by jury, defendant has no say, cannot defend themselves, CPS do however

Crown 2 .... trial where the defendant gets a say (or, in my case because of MY proof), case does not go ahead

Bottom line, money maker ....... i was innocent but had to sell 2 houses to pay legal (Barrister) fees.

Just saying, and NO, you do not get your legal fee's back, and unless you are 100% flat broke you will not get legal aid, (I applied for it and the monthly installments were 3x greater than my monthly wage) if you do get legal aid, you have to sign up with a Bailiff who will collect if you do not pay your installments.

WOW i love being in the UK, accused, not guilty, establishment rubbing their hands, hey ho.

in case anyone has to do Jury Service

edit on 2015-05-31T07:29:47-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 07:29:47 -0500bSunday2905America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T07:30:43-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 07:30:43 -0500bSunday3005America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T07:31:40-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 07:31:40 -0500bSunday3105America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T07:41:38-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 07:41:38 -0500bSunday4105America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T07:45:08-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 07:45:08 -0500bSunday4505America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-05-31T07:48:26-05:002015Sun, 31 May 2015 07:48:26 -0500bSunday4805America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'd really like to hear from the passengers on that flight. I find it a bit strange that, since this is blowing up on social media, there's no comments from the people who were actually there.

The flight attendant as well as the pilot later apologized, she said.

I'd also like to hear their side of this.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Since no passenger came to her defense i doubt they will come forward...
And if it wasnt true,i dont think the flight attendant will keep quiet while she's being dragged in the mud..

Just my .02

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you can hijack a plane with a soda can then the idiots on the plane that let that happen deserve everything the morons get

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It seems a good policy to avoid the reselling of soda etc. The reason a person with a beer can get open his unopened, is that he PAID for it. The issue of reselling is moot.

As far as a weapon, there are many things more dangerous that are allowed on the plane.

If this is policy, and it seems that it is, they could be a bit more accommodating in explaining the reason if someone asks. Additionally, they could start wearing gloves so nobody can get all germ-crazy. On that note, I don't see how you can be on a plane if you are germ-crazy.

I say they stick with the policy, clarify it, and if you want special treatment then sorry, no soda for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join