It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neformore

like I say In my experience while traveling, the fly attendants open the cans in front of me and pour the drinks in a plastic cup, why she has to be special?

Do you think she should be special?

Are you intentionally ignoring that the guy next to her was handed an unopened can of beer?

Then she was refused an unopened can of soda.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes I am going to see if I am special or just deemed a treat.

Don't sell yourself short, Marg, you are always a treat.

Now, a threat, that's a different story altogether.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well do we have the man that was seated next to her already in the news talking about the unfairness that befall the Muslim women?

Or until now is just hear say, even when the airline officials said that is not policies when it comes to unopened cans.

Now, let see who else she can be after for discrimination,

A man sitting across the aisle turned to her and yelled, "You Muslim, you need to shut the f*** up," she said.

"What?"

The man leaned over, according to Ahmad, and looked her in the eyes.

She said that the man told her: "Yes, you know you would use it as a weapon. So shut the f*** up."

"I felt the hate in his voice and his raging eyes," Ahmad wrote in an earlier Facebook while the plane was still in flight. "I can't help but cry ... because I thought people would defend me and say something. Some people just shook their heads in dismay."

From the story, so it seems that it was not only the airline but also people that used hate words to discriminate against her.

Then she waits until she is back to complain while using "Facebook"?

I am reading the same story?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am always a treat,

but this story have something that it doesn't add up, I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

but this story have something that it doesn't add up, I could be wrong

Something about the entire story does not seem right to me as well. I need more substantiation before I believe this person. There were obviously many more people on the aircraft and not one of them, so far, has come out and said, 'I was there, I witnessed the other passengers treat her poorly'.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

When I read stories like this it takes time to digest the information and sometimes you get your answers just reading between the lines.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Haven't found any, either.

...and there would be, by now.

I'm afraid shenanigans is about to be called...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
United is doing its best to make it go away. Sweep it under the rug.

I don't think that is going to happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think it will if she continues to avoid answering questions and giving details while no corroborating witnesses appear.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Occurs it will not, she already have a fan club, with over 20 thousand phone calls against the airline company.

edit on 1-6-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Occurs it will not, she already have a fan club, with over 20 thousand phone calls against the airline company.

You do accept that she could be telling the truth, right?

If she is telling the truth, she was treated badly.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think it will if she continues to avoid answering questions and giving details while no corroborating witnesses appear.

OK, who is claiming she is not answering questions.

And, if she is filing a lawsuit, not answering questions is the right thing to do.

Witnesses? Will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Is always a possibility as with everything human the exaggeration factor could be playing a big role also.

What it gets me the most is that by her accounts she had a confrontation with another passenger in which hate words and obscene words were directed to her and I don't see the witness to this coming forward

If somebody talks to me like the way the man supposedly talk to her in public, they will have me alright and they will not like it either.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If somebody talks to me like the way the man supposedly talk to her in public, they will have me alright and they will not like it either.

Are you a female Muslim Chaplain?

That's kind of significant. She is under a microscope.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looks like building fear and hatred in the public is at least partially working. I would be more worried about a hate filled loud mouth sitting near me then this woman.

How about we butt out of this Mid East and let them sort it out.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Tahera Ahmad, is not your regular Muslim women actually she is very accomplished Muslim and may even knows president Obama

delivered a beautiful Quran recitation to open the 50th annual Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) convention on August 30, becoming the very first woman to do so.

ISNA has represented the interests of American Muslims for the last half-century, and holds a moderate Islamic viewpoint. In a congratulatory video message, President Obama applauded ISNA for its service efforts, saying, "Over the last half century, you've upheld the proud legacy of American Muslims' contributions to our national fabric, and this gathering is a testament to that tradition."

Illinois-raised Ahmad is the Associate University Chaplain at Northwestern University as well as a faculty fellow. She has been educated at a number of prestigious schools, including Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt, which is considered the foremost institution in the Muslim world for the study of Islamic law.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I am a latina woman and discrimination have not names or positions.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Its a sorry state of affairs when people become ignorant in the face of prejudice, and choose to accuse the victim instead of confronting bigotry.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Its a sorry state of affairs when people become ignorant in the face of prejudice, and choose to accuse the victim instead of confronting bigotry.

It's a sorry state of affairs when people believe every story they hear on the internet instead of questioning the source.

This woman's story sounds like made-up bullshyte and I'd say that if she was a white atheist man.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I suppose if you can down a plane with a pair of box cutters then an unopened soda can must also be of the same devastating caliber.

On a more serious note i find the fact demonstrous that the lady in question was treated in such a fashion.

edit on 1-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join