It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Front Page is your source? An anonymous witness? Is this really how you go about determining the truth?

:-)

That sounds a lot more plausible than her claims. Yet, I'd bet money a lot of posters jumped right in, expressing outrage and dismay over the claimed discrimination. Now to see if I am correct.

So what if you are?

Well, I was correct, as it happens. No evidence, no proof, but many assumed she was being honest, and blasted the FA, the airline, and the supposed yelling passenger, anyway.

That source is as good as any. I searched for a passenger comment, and located that one. As for determining the truth, I did that upon reading her BS claim. She's a propaganda spreader, with ties to terrorist groups, and her story didn't ring true. I thought that before reading about who she actually is.

Think about it, though; how likely is it that such a confrontation as she reported happened, and no one recorded it? These days, people record just about everything. The beer isn't relevant, because those are paid for. The claim she made about what her supposed verbal attacker said isn't anything close to how people actually talk. The airline has no policy about cans as weapons, and I flat don't believe the FA told her she couldn't have it for that reason. The other passenger gave a lot of details, on where she sat, when she was served, and a much more believable description of events.

I have flown as well, and never encountered a rude flight attendant. Ever. I have seen rude passengers. I have seen very rude Muslims, too. When I have to back out of a narrow store aisle with a baby in a stroller, because a group of 8-10 women and children deliberately blocks me in and won't look at me or move when I say, "Excuse me", loudly several times, I don't want to hear how polite they are from anyone, either. Seen that on a smaller scale a couple of times, too. So, I know who I believe, and it isn't the activist.

She made this up to get people to believe there is some widespread discrimination against Muslims. It's a political game. She rejects an apology. Well, let them boycott the airlines.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Thank you GreenEyes

That post was everything I'd hoped it would be

Good job

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What evidence out side of that one 'passenger' do you have?

What proof do you have that her claim is correct when you are asking for so much evidence on the contrary??

The beer isn't relevant, because those are paid for.

When the claim is that unopened cans can be used as weapons, it is absolutely relevant.

Seems you just want to discount one side while not applying the same standards to the other side your are taking as fact.

And I am going need to see pictures and video and a notarized statement to back up your claim of the incident in the grocery store that you seem to want to use to generalize.
Very nice.
edit on thFri, 05 Jun 2015 20:15:30 -0500America/Chicago620153080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thank you GreenEyes

That post was everything I'd hoped it would be

Good job

Honest and accurate? Should I lie and claim it wasn't Muslim women in headscarves that were so rude? It was, and it happens to a lot more people than you might think. Do you assume that because she's Muslim, she must be honest? That there is no agenda?

So much for denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The other passenger gave a lot of details, on where she sat, when she was served, and a much more believable description of events.

Missed this.

How can you possibly know what she said was correct??

Seems you just want to take this account as fact.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The other passenger gave a lot of details, on where she sat, when she was served, and a much more believable description of events.

Missed this.

How can you possibly know what she said was correct??

Seems you just want to take this account as fact.

Anonymous posted 6 posts.

Another poster commented - - that its rare for anyone to remember an event in such detail.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I would agree, the account is almost to detailed.

Also, for someone who was so concerned with how it was going down, you would think this is the very person that would have the video everyone is asking for.

By lady's own claim, people video everything now so that claim goes both ways.

Where is the video showing that the event didn't happen the way it is told?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What evidence out side of that one 'passenger' do you have?

As much as she has presented.

What proof do you have that her claim is correct when you are asking for so much evidence on the contrary??

I don't know the sex of the other passenger, but assumed it was a guy. There are more details, such as her seat, which could be checked, when she was served, and so forth.

When the claim is that unopened cans can be used as weapons, it is absolutely relevant.

That was her claim. It isn't proven, and the other person claims she asked if that was the reason, when told she couldn't have a whole can. You'd have to assume her claim was correct to consider the beer relevant. I don't believe a flight attendant wold do that. They are very well-trained, and certainly see passengers of all sorts regularly.

Seems you just want to discount one side while not applying the same standards to the other side your are taking as fact.

The burden of proof rests with the accuser, not with the accused. She's also known to be an activist, and thus has an agenda. Given that, her proof should be higher.

And I am going need to see pictures and video and a notarized statement to back up your claim of the incident in the grocery store that you seem to want to use to generalize.
Very nice.

"Generalize"? No, it's a simple personal account of something I experienced. I didn't post it all over social media, demand apologies, or discrimination, and I don't hold a public platform. I am not asking for an apology, either. I do know, form personal experience, however, that Muslim women are not all sweetness and light, at least not all of them. Assuming she is, as many here have done, isn't logical.

What in her story makes you believe her? It all looks very contrived to me. Honestly, it looks staged. A real incident, with her berating the FA, over the wrong sort of Coke, then jumping online? If the FB stuff wasn't removed, we could check the time she posted, to see if it was from the air. But that's apparently not available now.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

And she presented her side with her name and face for everyone to see.

Very different from some that is so 'fed up' that they need to tell their side but not who they are so their account can be checked.
How can we check the story if we have no name?

You'd have to assume her claim was correct to consider the beer relevant.

And you would have to assume it wasn't to think it was irrelevant... see how that works?

The burden of proof rests with the accuser, not with the accused.

Two way street again, where is the proof of the person accusing her of lying?

And I don't believe your story happened the way it did. Your account of it sounds concocted to fit an agenda.
Pics and videos, because everyone videos everything, will be needed to prove other wise.

Which, as I just asked Anne, why do we not need video from this new passenger to show that her claim of the event is how things went down?

Again, holding one side of the story to a higher standard than the other.

edit on thFri, 05 Jun 2015 20:40:35 -0500America/Chicago620153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why did SHE not videotape it?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why would she?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

And she presented her side with her name and face for everyone to see.[/quote]

So? She''s an activist. In her case, presenting a face means nothing as far as credibility is concerned.

Very different from some that is so 'fed up' that they need to tell their side but not who they are so their account can be checked.

Gee, maybe that passenger doesn't want ISIS threatening to behead him?

How can we check the story if we have no name?

We can check on HER seat, since we have HER name, and see if what he says is correct, or close. His seat wasn't named. Duh?

And you would have to assume it wasn't to think it was irrelevant... see how that works?

Yes, but apparently you don't. The assumption is of innocence till proven guilty. She hasn't proven a thing. Hence, my assumption rests with those she accuses, till I see proof.

And I don't believe your story happened the way it did. Your account of it sounds concocted to fit an agenda.
Pics and videos, because everyone videos everything, will be needed to prove other wise.

You can choose not to believe it if you like. Won't change a thing. What agenda, in my case? I demanded nothing of the mall, or the store I was in, or the rude women blocking the aisle. Where is the agenda? Oh, t hat's right, I don't have one. I shared something I experienced, to show one reason I don't believe this woman. Think what you like.

Which, as I just asked Anne, why do we not need video from this new passenger to show that her claim of the event is how things went down?

You and some others assumed she was being honest, and that this was discrimination, with no proof. Now you want proof from a dissenting source. I see how that works. How convenient.

Again, holding one side of the story to a higher standard than the other.

That's what you and some others have done.

Innocent till proven guilty is the standard not guilty if accused, and you have to prove otherwise. I don't support that sort of regime.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
So, some people here are saying we shouldn't believe the muslim womans claims, because she's muslim.

I suggest people read this in case you've missed it.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Its relevant to that notion.

But if you don't believe her because there is proof that she is lying from clearly attainable and accessible sources, then fair enough.

Otherwise, think about it.
edit on 6/6/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/6/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

The article ends up going far afield. The whole thing is written like a propo piece. You have the woman crying (tears), the airline doing the old song and dance, Muslim "Chaplin" rather than cleric scolding and preaching, the red neck hate filled guy telling her not to just shut up but shut the F up.......sounds like Hollywood. And besides she just a lady traveling the globe trying to get Israeli authorities to talk with Palestinian youth.....thats all.

Then the read goes on as if the original story was just a primer. Gays and lesbians are even included later as if this was like the discrimination ect, ect la de da.

Anyone see what I am talking about?

edit on 6-6-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Having flown many many times, I can say there have been times when I couldn't get a whole can of soda. It wasn't discriminating, just the attendants judgement on whether or not they'll have enough of the popular soda.

As for the beer, that is paid for separately.

The lady claimed that she overheard the flight attendant mention it (unopened can of soda) being used as a weapon....
...she was brought to tears over a soda.. any person who claims to be brought to tears over a soda cannot be trusted in my opinion.

She seems like an attention junkie.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

Yea and the guy that told her to shut up was probably still pizzed off from the anal probe he just had before boarding.

Does anyone not remember Muslims crying foul when they were being searched ect and asked to take off their head scarf for a check? So now you are setting in a plane after a complete search, going over, and there is some "special" person that didn't have the same rigorous search because its offensive to their sensibilities?
edit on 6-6-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart

hey! that happened to me also!!!
it didn't but how would you know right? we're just taking her word for it. how many others have lied about something happening horrible to them only to find out the atrocity was self inflicted?

pics or it didn't happen

She made a facebook post, it got picked up by the media. She hasn't filed a lawsuit, if she does, then she will need proof or witnesses. Not now. The airlines apologized. It would be difficult to make up a random guy yelling things at her in the presence of a lot of people. If she files a lawsuit, then we will know if this all happened that way.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Front Page is your source? An anonymous witness? Is this really how you go about determining the truth?

That sounds a lot more plausible than her claims. Yet, I'd bet money a lot of posters jumped right in, expressing outrage and dismay over the claimed discrimination. Now to see if I am correct.

So what if you are?

Well, I was correct, as it happens. No evidence, no proof, but many assumed she was being honest, and blasted the FA, the airline, and the supposed yelling passenger, anyway.

That source is as good as any. I searched for a passenger comment, and located that one. As for determining the truth, I did that upon reading her BS claim. She's a propaganda spreader, with ties to terrorist groups, and her story didn't ring true. I thought that before reading about who she actually is.

Think about it, though; how likely is it that such a confrontation as she reported happened, and no one recorded it? These days, people record just about everything. The beer isn't relevant, because those are paid for. The claim she made about what her supposed verbal attacker said isn't anything close to how people actually talk. The airline has no policy about cans as weapons, and I flat don't believe the FA told her she couldn't have it for that reason. The other passenger gave a lot of details, on where she sat, when she was served, and a much more believable description of events.

I have flown as well, and never encountered a rude flight attendant. Ever. I have seen rude passengers. I have seen very rude Muslims, too. When I have to back out of a narrow store aisle with a baby in a stroller, because a group of 8-10 women and children deliberately blocks me in and won't look at me or move when I say, "Excuse me", loudly several times, I don't want to hear how polite they are from anyone, either. Seen that on a smaller scale a couple of times, too. So, I know who I believe, and it isn't the activist.

She made this up to get people to believe there is some widespread discrimination against Muslims. It's a political game. She rejects an apology. Well, let them boycott the airlines.

Now, that was one of the most offensive and poorly written internet 'magazines' I have ever seen. The other passenger is anonymous. We don't even have his name. We do have Tahera Ahmad's name, at least. The article goes on to say she has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and another article on the same site says she has connections to terrorist (spelled that way, apparently she is connected to one unnamed terrorist?) There are zero sources in these articles on this website (and I use the term articles lightly).

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

In my opinion...she was a law suit looking for a place to happen.

A year ago I was having my hair washed and cut at a shop.The lady
told me it was against their policies to blow dry my hair.The men
were getting their hair dried but not me.I was bent but I didn't file
a lawsuit over it.Trust me,I was loud and got my point across!Later
their policy changed to dry my hair.
I have to point out that I can't go to a womens' salon because of allergies.
I have to get my hair done at a barber shop.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
So, some people here are saying we shouldn't believe the muslim womans claims, because she's muslim.

I suggest people read this in case you've missed it.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Its relevant to that notion.

But if you don't believe her because there is proof that she is lying from clearly attainable and accessible sources, then fair enough.

Otherwise, think about it.

Wait a second.

Who here has claimed that they don't believe her because "she is Muslim"??

I've seen people, myself included, who doubt her because the story sounds made-up and because her job is to talk about discrimination and tolerance. I've seen people who are upset that this story is national news without any corroborating evidence or witnesses. I haven't seen anybody say they don't believe her because of her faith.

I've seen accusations of such behavior from several members who want to believe her story against those of us who don't but that's simply an attempt to question our motives instead of questioning our points. A classic case of intellectual dishonesty. This is no different than the crowd who calls people racist if they don't support Obama.

I find it outrageous that I'm not allowed to question someone's character without it being called discriminatory. THAT is the entire problem I have with cases like this. When someone belongs to a "special group", no one is allowed to question them without being labeled racist, homophobic, islamophobic, sexist, etc. etc. etc. If it was a white person, indian person, black person, asian person, or anyone else making this claim, I would question it in EXACTLY the same way.

Are you seriously telling me that this thread is getting a warning from a moderator based only on the accusations being flung from one side of a debate?
edit on 6/6/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join