It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I was unaware of the weapon situation. Admittedly I did not read the linked article on this thread. I usually do but this topic is a tricky one for me. I dove right in. I agree that going there armed was past the realm of protest. It smells of an attempt to incite something ignoble. To put it shortly - It's not the way I would have ran this "protest".

Off Topic - I love that crazy blonde Helena

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

To put it shortly - It's not the way I would have ran this "protest".

Yeah they may be idiots but they are well within their rights. In my opinion their point was to antagonize the Muslim extremists and to tell them to bring it on since the two gunmen's attack. They are pretty much tired of the terrorists attacking us in the U.S.A.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ALL to Hell... Just cant we just Have the Crusades allover Again ...

Over GOD !! ,,,,,, and weed out the Sick Deranged Crazy Fundamentalist on Both Sides

Pawns - to the System

Bush SR, Bush JR & Obama are not good Chess Player's

AT ALL ...

Were we Not , Attacked by Saudi Arabian's & Egyptians in the Event 911

Not Afghanistan or Iraq ?

is it Not, that the ISIS is being Funded by OIL Tycoons from Saudi Arabia ?

and we are having Issues with IRAN Now..

Why Not go Strait to the Source of All this ... take out the Tycoons

The CIA NSA M5 - 6 Could Easily Do...

Why.... ??

OHHH ITS a Fund Raiser Campaign... Now that Make Perfect Sense ...,

America didn't have Much Enemy's in the Middle East Until.... 1948....

and that when the # Started... with the Egyptians Iranian's Iraqi's Saudi's Jordan's Syrian's Lebanese Etc..

Just from a Take Over of Land ... from the Cause of a Aftermath of WW2 and a Certain Old Religious Group was Placed There Smack dab almost in the Middle by America and Britain ...

as Most do not Realize is, IRAN is Caught Between the American Conflicts with Iraq and Afghanistan
As Iran is right in the middle between the two ..

So Im Guessing something will go Down for Sure in the Near Future with IRAN...

wells that MY Rant folks

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Who are they intimidating? Their message is not to tell Muslims to get out of the country. The message is just to say that Mohammed is not untouchable. It will probably fall on deaf ears to most Muslims, but the fact that people are scared to draw cartoons is pretty ridiculous.

There is no sensible reason to be angry at a cartoon.

Hopefully they have tight security.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

They have no interest in becoming part of our society, they want to change our society to match their beliefs.

We will and have dealt with those Muslim extremists. Don't worry about that. But most Muslims are not like that. They do not want to change anything here in the U.S.A.

I have many Muslims living here near me. They are very friendly and some gave me food.

I can't argue with your personal experience. But I'll give a word of advice and warning...keep watching.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

helena is awesome.
my sestra from another mother.

i have to grab last nights episode.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

They have no interest in becoming part of our society, they want to change our society to match their beliefs.

We will and have dealt with those Muslim extremists. Don't worry about that. But most Muslims are not like that. They do not want to change anything here in the U.S.A.

I have many Muslims living here near me. They are very friendly and some gave me food.

I can't argue with your personal experience. But I'll give a word of advice and warning...keep watching.

EXACTLY!!

In working with muslims, I can tell you that I was lied to on a daily basis. I intentionally would ask them their feelings on current events and they would lie to my face, only for me to overhear them telling other muslims the EXACT OPPOSITE. This was heard by me, in English no less. (they thought I had left the room, but I was admittedly eavesdropping).

Watch them.
edit on 31-5-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2015 by poncho1982 because: typos

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

i forgot.
only muslims lie
thanks for reminding me

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

i forgot.
only muslims lie
thanks for reminding me

Well, you're welcome..... I guess.

Just one thing, if it's not too much trouble, can you please show me where I said that only muslims lie?

Please, feel free. Show me.

I related a personal and true story, and you put words in my mouth.

Tell me how that makes you superior in any way shape or form, and how anyone is supposed to take you seriously.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

i forgot.
only muslims lie
thanks for reminding me

Just one thing, if it's not too much trouble, can you please show me where I said that only muslims lie?

Tell me how that makes you superior in any way shape or form, and how anyone is supposed to take you seriously.

well you didnt say it. not exactly.

it was just the tone of your post.
"i worked with muslims and was lied to on a daily basis"
"watch them"

pretty disgusting really.

now can you show me where i said i was superior?
yeah, i didnt.

i dont care if you take me seriously. does not matter at all.
for what it is worth, i definitely dont take you seriously.

not with all your muslims lie watch then crap.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

i forgot.
only muslims lie
thanks for reminding me

My personal experience was also with two Muslim men where I worked at. These two men were from Pakistan and constantly found people to say things to.

After cursing at me, in the workplace, because I am a woman who was wearing a Christian t-shirt, they then proceeded to verbally attack the two young Cambodian men who were Buddhist.

They spent a lot of time telling me how great the Ayatollah was and how much he helped Iran get it back in "order" and then kept telling me how great it was that women there could not get into taxis or buses. Then one of the men flipped out because I asked who the white woman was driving him back and forth to work. He said it was his wife, so then I asked how that was possible because he had just previously told me about his wife still in Pakistan that he admitted he had not seen since 1975.

I told him that isn't how we do things in the US, if you have a wife, you can't have another if you aren't divorced. These two men constantly cursed at me and the Buddhist guys, because we refused to accept Islam. Then these two men demanded to be allowed to take Friday afternoons off, so they could go pray. But not one time did they ever curse at the other young woman who wore tight shorts. They would actually stand drooling over her.

The one man actually spit on me. And this was November, 2000. They told me about all their adventures all over the world, how they lived in Berlin, Moscow, London, Paris, Seattle...and that they both had degrees in Engineering. I asked them why then are they working at this tiny little factory in High Point, North Carolina. They weren't doing engineering, they were sanding pieces for furniture.

But they had to make their point that spitting on me as a Christian woman was acceptable to them. The two Buddhist young men actually had to tell them if they didn't stop they would have to meet them in the parking lot later. That is my experience with Muslim men from Pakistan.

Maybe they are nice everywhere else, but these two men, if they represent Islam, I don't see how people can find anything attractive in Islam.

After he spit on me, not because I had done anything to him, after that I simply told him that he needs to get out of my country if he is not a citizen and doesn't intend on being one. Yes, the two Buddhist young men defended me against them, so then I defended the Buddhist guys.

One of my friends had an 8 year-old daughter that a Muslim man from Sierra Leone tried to buy from her. She not only told her husband who then went to beat the man up, she also called the police because this man had another child in his home. The man was deported.

How then am I supposed to be supportive of them when they keep doing this stuff?

My sister was working as a pharmacy tech, and had to call the police to be protected from the elderly Muslim man who kept come in with his wives (yes, two wives in High Point, North Carolina) and every day would ask her to enter temporary marriage and threatened her. She was only 19 years-old at the time. She kept telling the man to stop and he didn't, the pharmacy couldn't make them leave, so my sister could only call the police.

See, these are the things no one wants to talk about because we are supposed to treat them with kid gloves. And another thing, why is it they protest pork and despise it so much, when in High Point and Randleman, North Carolina are TWO Muslim owned restaurants that serve sausage and ham, with Arabic Quran verses painted on their walls. Explain that one.

BTW, the one man from Pakistan, his son got a white girl pregnant here, when he went back to Pakistan to visit, his "friends" in the mosque in High Point already called their friends in Pakistan and had the young man killed. They called from High Point to Islamabad....to have a guy killed.

I had met the young man. He was trying to leave Islam. His girlfriend worked with my mother.

And we are expected to say they are peaceful. Well, in the Wal-Mart in Greensboro, North Carolina an elderly Muslimah actually spit on the cashier and slapped her, just because the cashier asked the woman to pay with American dollars. This was news in Greensboro.

On the night of Sept. 11, 2001, the High Point police had to set up protection for the synagogue because threats were called in, they had to patrol for a month because of it. The threats weren't coming from the Christian church across the street. And the Christian church actually put members along the street just to watch the synagogue for any trouble.

The Christian church was watching out for the tiny community of Jews in High Point. Why did it have to get to that?

edit on 5/31/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For those who missed this earlier:

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
This is supposed to be a discussion about the topic....not a bickering festival....

You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
what I question is their motives to live in America...if they hate our culture so much, then their motive is to change it to Islamic rule. if they embrace our culture, then they want to get away from Islamic rule. simplistic I know, but for right now, at this stage in history, it's the best way for me to understand why they are coming to America to live.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yeah they may be idiots but they are well within their rights. In my opinion their point was to antagonize the Muslim extremists and to tell them to bring it on since the two gunmen's attack.

No, they aren't within their rights if it Incites someone to Violence. That's illegal. It's no longer Free Speech at that point.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why do people in the middle east burn the American flag? Because it represents something they don't like, so there you go.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
what I question is their motives to live in America...if they hate our culture so much, then their motive is to change it to Islamic rule. if they embrace our culture, then they want to get away from Islamic rule. simplistic I know, but for right now, at this stage in history, it's the best way for me to understand why they are coming to America to live.

Are we sure the ones that hate america are the ones coming over?

Because I agree it wouldn't make sense, but I think more are coming over to escape the hell that is the ME. Which is not all the US's fault but we didn't help.

The ones I meet seem to have mended in just fine while keeping some of their culture which they should do.
That is what makes the US the melting pot that it is.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

i forgot.
only muslims lie
thanks for reminding me

Lie, and plot, and maybe have a plan or are awaiting a plan they can join. And no...not all. What are you, a bigot? But as much as you have your own opinion, maybe even created by experience...why do you try to attack people who have their own, created by their own experience? Almost sounds like you have an agenda.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Notice how your well worded post about your personal experience is being ignored? Notice how the ones that believe Islam and Muslims to be about peace don't even what to touch what you have offered?

In other words...GREAT POST!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ya about as ignored as other peoples anecdotal that say the opposite.
I was hired, and promoted by a Muslim boss from Jordan, and I am a blonde haired blue eyed white guy.
I worked with many more as the medical field has it's fair share of people from other countries, only had one bad experience and that was just that he was lazy and entitled.

He was actually one most confrontational men I have ever met, went out of his way to please others/customers.
When he would pray in the break room, he would ask anyone that was in there if it was ok with them before he started.
ETA: This last part was about my boss, not the lazy entitled guy.
edit on stSun, 31 May 2015 17:41:41 -0500America/Chicago520154180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

No, they aren't within their rights if it Incites someone to Violence. That's illegal. It's no longer Free Speech at that point.

In the same vein KKK and Westboro Baptist church shouldn't protest either, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join