It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Mugly

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

you have eyes and it seems to me that you see what you want to.
my experience says the majority of muslims are peaceful people.
i am not righteous at all. never claimed to be.

if you would have read all my posts you would see exactly what/who i support. i said it directly in several of my posts. if you missed them or can not comprehend them that is not my problem.
i dont not talk in circles. i am not vague. i do not evade questions.

you clearly see what you want to.

this thread is not about those muslims that are homophobes and kill women in the name of god. so, i am not talking about them.
this thread is about charlie bronson and his cousins and their protest. so, that is what i am talking about it.

can you see that john cena?

Sorry I didn't take time to read your posts to discover what you may or may not have said in the past. I'm not really that interested except for your post back to me. While I would never nor could never convince you differently or change your view, at least understand that not everyone will agree with you...nor agree with me. But my experience has shown me differently than yours has.

My experience is like Mugly's. Anyone else?

But does your experience include Muslims outside the USA or your own country? Care to move to the Middle East for a while and check out the home-grown variety?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
They have every right to assemble peacefully, and draw cartoons of anything or anyone they want. No, it isn't anything like yelling"fire" in a theater, and is protected speech. The so-called "religion of peace" people can deal, and prove it. When they block city streets for prayer, do they worry about who that offends? Freedom is for all, not just them.

No one questioned the right. You don't understand the idea of the thread. It is close to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater, as it was needlessly provocative, the protesters were called to come 'armed' and at evening prayers. As others have said, if Muslims showed up armed across from the local Christian church with t-shirts that said F Christianity, for a protest...it would not have gone so well.
Just like my example that I used to think it was OK to burn the flag. I can love my country without a piece of cloth, I don't own a flag. It is allowed, but it is needlessly provocative and I don't want to incite violence. Others have deep feelings on that subject that differ from mine.

We have a right to be armed in this country. If Muslims want to demand this and that based on the freedoms we have, then they must respect those same freedoms for all. I see armed people shopping here as there is open carry. Never felt a threat. People carrying a gun doesn't necessarily mean hostility. People drawing cartoons, which is the main issue, is in no way "provocative", just because someone doesn't like them. There have been artists who did some really nasty things with Christian imagery, but I don't recall any violence as a result. Complaints, sure, but no violence.

In this case, we have a group of people telling others what they can and cannot do, because it might "offend" the group. I know people who have had Muslims complain in a restaurant because, the horror, they dared to eat bacon at breakfast! No, not even kidding. I have personally seen some serious rudeness while shopping, from Muslim women. Yet they want to complain about a cartoon? Fine, complain away. No threats, though. No actual violence, either.

Is the girl in shorts provoking the rapist?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I think Outlaws is a biker gang. There are a few that show up at funerals to protect the family from Westboro Baptist church. The ones at this event were NOT those.

Yeah I guess I was wrong. What I really meant is one of those motorcycle clubs that are like the outlaws. Sorry

But yes I know about the Westboro Baptist church. Good for those bikers!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

They have every right to assemble peacefully, and draw cartoons of anything or anyone they want. No, it isn't anything like yelling"fire" in a theater, and is protected speech. The so-called "religion of peace" people can deal, and prove it. When they block city streets for prayer, do they worry about who that offends? Freedom is for all, not just them.

No one questioned the right. You don't understand the idea of the thread. It is close to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater, as it was needlessly provocative, the protesters were called to come 'armed' and at evening prayers. As others have said, if Muslims showed up armed across from the local Christian church with t-shirts that said F Christianity, for a protest...it would not have gone so well.
Just like my example that I used to think it was OK to burn the flag. I can love my country without a piece of cloth, I don't own a flag. It is allowed, but it is needlessly provocative and I don't want to incite violence. Others have deep feelings on that subject that differ from mine.

We have a right to be armed in this country. If Muslims want to demand this and that based on the freedoms we have, then they must respect those same freedoms for all. I see armed people shopping here as there is open carry. Never felt a threat. People carrying a gun doesn't necessarily mean hostility. People drawing cartoons, which is the main issue, is in no way "provocative", just because someone doesn't like them. There have been artists who did some really nasty things with Christian imagery, but I don't recall any violence as a result. Complaints, sure, but no violence.

In this case, we have a group of people telling others what they can and cannot do, because it might "offend" the group. I know people who have had Muslims complain in a restaurant because, the horror, they dared to eat bacon at breakfast! No, not even kidding. I have personally seen some serious rudeness while shopping, from Muslim women. Yet they want to complain about a cartoon? Fine, complain away. No threats, though. No actual violence, either.

Is the girl in shorts provoking the rapist?

Amen! They have no interest in becoming part of our society, they want to change our society to match their beliefs. And that is how you go to war when you don't have the brawn. You infiltrate and destroy it from within using it's own PC beliefs handed down to us by the left and our president. We are the problem...I guess they are the solution???

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

yeah, ok.
i cant do it anymore.
i have to bow out....
ive said all i can say.

now im going to watch pitch perfect 2.
yup. thats right

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My step father is Iranian and a Muslim. He left Iran after his family's wealth was taken by the government in the late 70s. My brother is half Iranian. His First name is Hassan and his middle name is Ali, he is not Muslim. My stepfather merged into American society quickly, taking the name 'Johnny'. H e did not pray 5x a day. However, his brother, Abbas, came to visit and live with us for several months. Abbas did pray 5x a day on a really nice prayer rug, oddly, Abbas went out drinking and dating, breaking a lot of Islamic laws. He even hit on a couple of my teenaged friends. Hmm...different people are different. Who would have thought? The Christian religions have similar people. Abbas eventually went back. My mom and stepfather divorced, but he paid for my brother's university at a private college. Also, I have visited the state he lives in now several times and he pays my expenses while I am there, he taught me how to drive a stick shift. He calls me his 'first child', even though I was 12 when my brother was born and he is not my father. He married my mother when I was 10. He is Muslim, yet he has no agenda other than running his sausalito restaurant and enjoying life. Some of the posts I see are just ridiculous.
He was 10x a better father than my real, white, Catholic one that lives not 4 miles away and won;t speak to me due to mistakes I made in my early 20s. I know I can call Ali and talk. If I call my actual father, he will hang up.

edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

They have no interest in becoming part of our society, they want to change our society to match their beliefs.

We will and have dealt with those Muslim extremists. Don't worry about that. But most Muslims are not like that. They do not want to change anything here in the U.S.A.

I have many Muslims living here near me. They are very friendly and some gave me food.

link   

one last thing.
of course do what you want but you shouldnt waste your time explaining anything to people like the above.
its not worth it my friend.
its not going to make a difference to them.

take it easy.

link   
a reply to: Mugly

I know how it feels.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly TY Mugly

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes Watch the show (full versions available on youtu be) What would you do? And you will see more white Americans acting like fools than you have personally seen in regard to other ethnicities/religions.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

you have eyes and it seems to me that you see what you want to.
my experience says the majority of muslims are peaceful people.
i am not righteous at all. never claimed to be.

if you would have read all my posts you would see exactly what/who i support. i said it directly in several of my posts. if you missed them or can not comprehend them that is not my problem.
i dont not talk in circles. i am not vague. i do not evade questions.

you clearly see what you want to.

this thread is not about those muslims that are homophobes and kill women in the name of god. so, i am not talking about them.
this thread is about charlie bronson and his cousins and their protest. so, that is what i am talking about it.

can you see that john cena?

Sorry I didn't take time to read your posts to discover what you may or may not have said in the past. I'm not really that interested except for your post back to me. While I would never nor could never convince you differently or change your view, at least understand that not everyone will agree with you...nor agree with me. But my experience has shown me differently than yours has.

My experience is like Mugly's. Anyone else?

But does your experience include Muslims outside the USA or your own country? Care to move to the Middle East for a while and check out the home-grown variety?

Why? This post is about an event in the U S and I created the post. I AM the OP.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra I think we have have gone as far as we can, in regard to the original post and event. I started the thread. I would appreciate if further issues need to be discussed, someone create a new thread? I believe the 'cartoon event' has been fully explored. Ty
This is a lot of pages, TY all
A lot of effort went into this. I am off to Wartune to Defend Balenor for a bit

edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Have you been to the ME to check out the 'home grown' variety?

Also are you aware there are muslims outside of the middle east?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I agree that it is is offensive and needlessly provocative. Even so the participants have every right to protest against the Muslim belief in discussion. And this is a protest despite being called a "contest". Religious beliefs are fine and everyone has a right to their belief but the reaction by Muslims of depictions of their prophet is unreasonable, offensive and sometimes dangerous. It is unreasonable because no Muslim has the right to tell people who they can or can't draw. It is offensive because a Muslim disregards the beliefs of others by telling them what they can or cannot do. It is dangerous because certain Muslims will react violently when depictions of their prophet are seen.

That kind of behavior has to stop. If it takes a million drawings of their prophet to change that behavior I will support it. Reasoning with Muslims regarding this issue has failed. It's time to throw that belief in their face until they learn that their religious rules do not apply to non Muslims.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: WarminIndy

Says the one claiming Islam was founded in Saudi Arabia and posted a page long post worth of crap claiming that I "converted to a tribal political religion of the Quraysh tribe". Yeah I got bamboozled, whatever.
Until you bring some evidence, don't bother posting more BS.

Please tell us where Mecca and Medina are. Or are you trying the old...Adam started it?

Mecca

Tell us, where did you think it started?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality

I agree that it is is offensive and needlessly provocative. Even so the participants have every right to protest against the Muslim belief in discussion. And this is a protest despite being called a "contest". Religious beliefs are fine and everyone has a right to their belief but the reaction by Muslims of depictions of their prophet is unreasonable, offensive and sometimes dangerous. It is unreasonable because no Muslim has the right to tell people who they can or can't draw. It is offensive because a Muslim disregards the beliefs of others by telling them what they can or cannot do. It is dangerous because certain Muslims will react violently when depictions of their prophet are seen.

That kind of behavior has to stop. If it takes a million drawings of their prophet to change that behavior I will support it. Reasoning with Muslims regarding this issue has failed. It's time to throw that belief in their face until they learn that their religious rules do not apply to non Muslims.

well, im back.
my flick has some sort of cinavia audio disabling watermark. so, no pitch perfect 2.

as to this post.
i agree that the reaction by SOME muslims because of depictions of their prophet are all the things you said.
i have always felt that way.

i just wanted to go on record as saying that.

my opinions are not what they are because i support islam because i dont. i dont support any religion. i pretty much despise them all.

my opinions in this thread were aimed at the fact that these protestors were doing nothing more than trying to cause trouble.
it is my opinion that they wanted violence. it is my opinion that they wanted to anger people. it is my opinion that they wanted to intimidate people and that is the reason they decided to carry guns.

i dont think this little protest had anything to do with freedom of speech. i dont think it had anything to do with satire.
i think they used the freedom of speech thing as a way to spew their hate.
i think they used their right to bear arms to attempt to scare and intimidate people.

i think they are nothing more than idiots and bullies.

i dont believe for a second that they brought their guns to show they were not afraid.
maybe the really were not afraid. probably because they had 199 people standing with them and most of them armed. maybe cause the coppers were all around.

sure seems like charlie bronson is afraid now.
now that his cronies are not by his side he as acting like a little betch.

i do agree with the OP though.
i think this discussion has run its course.

it is hard to pull away though. i feel like i have to respond but i am going to try and say away

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Strange things in Mecca.

Non-Muslims are not permitted to enter Mecca under Saudi law, and using fraudulent documents to do so may result in arrest and prosecution.

mecca

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank the Saudi Royals for that. That dumb law didn't exist before Saudi Arabia came into existence. They seem to be really good at coming up with random crap like not letting women drive.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Do you happen to know what "documents" they consider proof of religion?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join