It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: CryHavoc

No, they aren't within their rights if it Incites someone to Violence. That's illegal. It's no longer Free Speech at that point.

In the same vein KKK and Westboro Baptist church shouldn't protest either, right?

If it Incites someone to Violence, they should be held accountable.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

And yet nothing happened.
edit on 5/31/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Because it is protected FREE SPEECH!

The good with the bad. That's the ONLY way it works.

The slippery slope of "inciting violence" can be defined, and redefined, over and over again, to suit whatever idiot acts out in violence because they were offended, until we do not have free speech, and THAT is why the Supreme Court upheld it and protected it.

Because it is not the spoken words, it's the crazy over the top reaction that's the problem.

Under no circumstances is it acceptable to attack someone over words, or a drawing.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Americans all know that they have freedom of speech to yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre too, but everyone knows that you don't do that unless there really is a fire.

No one complains that not being allowed to yell fire tramples on their free speech rights.

It's the same with these Muhammed cartoon contests, it's just common decency to just not have them, knowing that they will incite hatred towards Muslims.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

The slippery slope of "inciting violence" can be defined, and redefined, over and over again, to suit whatever idiot acts out in violence because they were offended, until we do not have free speech, and THAT is why the Supreme Court upheld it and protected it.

Because it is not the spoken words, it's the crazy over the top reaction that's the problem.

Under no circumstances is it acceptable to attack someone over words, or a drawing.

With FREE SPEECH comes great responsibility. You have the right to yell "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre, but no one does this, because it would be stupid to do so unless there were an actual fire.

With Free Speech comes huge responsibility. It's not just free speech, it's common decency.

What sort of outrage would there be from far right wing Americans if a foreign country held a "draw insulting cartoons of the Ameican flag" contest outside the US Embassy?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

But yet you just attacked someone over their written opinion, which is also protected Free Speech. How ironic.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

You have the right to yell "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre, but no one does this, because it would be stupid to do so unless there were an actual fire.
Sort of. You also have the right to yell "Hijack" on an airplane. Not only is it stupid, but you have to be willing to accept the consequences.

edit on 5/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

With FREE SPEECH comes great responsibility. You have the right to yell "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre, but no one does this, because it would be stupid to do so unless there were an actual fire.

With Free Speech comes huge responsibility. It's not just free speech, it's common decency.

What sort of outrage would there be from far right wing Americans if a foreign country held a "draw insulting cartoons of the Ameican flag" contest outside the US Embassy?

They burn flags a drawing contest might be a nice change of pace.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

But yet you just attacked someone over their written opinion, which is also protected Free Speech. How ironic.

I attacked no one. I merely explained free speech.

Methinks your definition of attack may be skewed.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Amen! They have no interest in becoming part of our society, they want to change our society to match their beliefs. And that is how you go to war when you don't have the brawn. You infiltrate and destroy it from within using it's own PC beliefs handed down to us by the left and our president. We are the problem...I guess they are the solution???

That's exactly it! Infiltrate, brainwash people, and take over slowly. Now, they have help high up, and it's snowballing. The only they they are the solution to is peace and quiet!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes Watch the show (full versions available on youtu be) What would you do? And you will see more white Americans acting like fools than you have personally seen in regard to other ethnicities/religions.

I have watched. The behavior I have seen, and heard reported, from mobs of Muslims is far more of a problem. People being stoned in American streets, reporters assaulted overseas, and I am supposed to be mad at people carrying guns and drawing cartoons?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Except, no group of people have forbidden anybody from yelling FIRE in a crowded theater. There is no group of people that have threatened and committed violence over one yelling FIRE in a crowded theater.

I think they are trying to make a statement. That one group can't terrorize their way into preventing people from drawing Mohammed in a silly mater.

Some people do not like the notion that "you have to be scared of these extemests and not offend them too much, or else"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: rebelv
a reply to: reldra

I'll tell you why because they're trying to stand up for freedom and piss
off some Muslims, who deserve it IMO.

Rebel 5

yeah.
all those people int he mosque that are minding their own business really deserve it

I understand your sentiment, for I had the same until I have seen what has
occurred in France, The Netherlands, and most notably The U.K.

I see Muslims now as a threat to this nation, there are too many that say
they support Sharia Law, and IMO, anyone who says they support sharia law,
should be immediately exported to the nearest country that has Sharia law,
as they did in The Netherlands.

And, I don't consider that a bad thing, after all, I think those people who
support Sharia law would be much happier in a country that has Sharia Law
already established.

In the United States, we don't have Sharia Law, and this country would be
stupid, not to consider all Muslims at this point a threat to the security of
The U.S.

In a heartbeat, we could have the same problems they're now encountering
in The U.K. and France.

You want to see the country over run by Muslims, go ahead and feel sorry for
these people then.

I don't mean any disrespect toward you because I used to feel the same way you
do, but if they even applied for a permit in the city I live in to put up a mosque
I would immediately inform as many people in the community I live in, and get as
many of my neighbors to complain to city hall, and demonstrate against a mosque.

So, I hope you understand my vehemence is not directed toward you, but I'm not too keen
on Muslims right now. I'm not too keen on Christians, but I'm definitely not too
keen on Muslims, who now seem (with ISIS and all) to be the newest religion
to try and copy The Catholic Roman Church during the middle ages.

Rebel 5

edit on 1-6-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maybe we can pelt rabbis with schnitzel while we are at it.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Have you actually seen or just been told about how bad it is in the UK?

Muslims are no more of a threat then anyone else.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Probably none; depictions of the US flag that are not flattering to the US is and has been commonplace. It is an opinion of the poster of the material.

People speak about 'responsibility' and always seem to state the "yelling fire in the movie" example as if it is relevant to drawing a picture of something. Yelling 'fire' is dangerous as people panic because there is a threat of physical harm due to the 'fire'. Drawing a picture does not have any chance of burning anyone or actually affecting anyone physically. Let's just stop using this example as if drawing a cartoon is the same of calling out a false fire.

If we get upset at the people pointing out the foolishness of a violent reaction to a cartoon, what happens when the masses decide that something else is offensive and demand blood for writing/drawing it? Wake up folks, the action is not the problem; it is the re-action that is the problem.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here is a new thing that is coming around:

The main organizer is now asking for 10 million dollars. He is claiming that he is fearing for his life and his families life. He is now claiming he is a victim in all of this. The saddest testament to this is entire event, is that he brought it on himself. He organized it and chose the location. He targeted the people and now he is claiming that there have been threats on his life and that of his family. And should be feel sorry for him for his actions that he caused?

If this was done else where, say at a park, this would be a moot point. It would be a point for the freedom of speech and nothing more. But as this was done in front of a mosque, it goes beyond the freedom of speech and was to provoke and intimidate those inside.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
These religious maniacs, and that's what they are, have no right to threaten or intimidate other human beings over their idiotic traditions that belong in the 14th century.

The message here is shove your prohibition against drawing cartoons up your stupid Muslim patooies.

You no like? bugger off to some backward #hole that stinks of piss and where that nonsense you hold so dear flies, like the heads arms and legs of the non believers and the infidels.. You bloody wack jobs.

rebelv is right, The UK is infested with disgusting little pockets of 'sharia law' where these bastards impose their backward draconian bull# on everybody within a specific area. This is allowed, # knows why. There seems to be a lot of #e in the UK happening that shouldn't be. That's my point. it's a slippery slope.

Guess what? We have the right to draw cartoons of Muhammad, as does every human being on the planet, and that chimp and that elephant that do paintings. Sorry but if that offends you you are just mentally ill or an Islamic religious maniac. If you are the latter you are both. Or just a plain old super sensitive sniveling little minnow that needs everything sugar coated for them and will let the forces of evil take hold in the name of making sure we don't 'offend' them.

They are inciting violence by the very notion that we cannot draw cartoons of a certain thing. On top of that we have our own people telling us we can't do it because it will offend the very people that are trying to tell us we cannot do it. Mind bending.

These idiots need to be made to either accept the concept of freedom or get the # out of America. We should stop this insipid infestation before it starts.

These vermin would drag us all back to the stone age if we let them. They have become very gutsy, pushy, arrogant and dictatorial since the rise of the Islamic Scum beheading monument destroying a-hole nightmare brigade AKA iSiS . (can we use nukes on those #s yet?)

Practice your stupid religion all you want. And that means all of you, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever. Just don't even dare try to ram it down the throats of all of us who posses the intelligence to not believe in any childish superstitions and ridiculous hoary old badly written fiction about pish like 'Jesus' and the amazing omnipotent invisible sky wizard. Or Muhammad or #ing Kung Fu Panda or whoever the hell it is stops the boogeyman for you and promises you afterlife and miracles and #.

None of us give a #. Keep it to yourselves. The grown ups are talking.

I'm away to draw a really nasty cartoon of Muhammad then I'm going on vistaprint and I'm ordering 100 bloody t-shirts then I'm selling them in times square. With friends.

And to all of you who even IMPLY that we should bow to their terrorism, and that's what it is when they try to tell us what we can or cannot draw. Grow a spine. They are BULLYING you.

Some of us just never tolerated bullies and never will.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Have you actually seen or just been told about how bad it is in the UK?

Muslims are no more of a threat then anyone else.

Tell that to the cartoonist's and editors that were shot cold blooded,
and the police officers as well.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Those few lunatics do not speak for the rest of the people...

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join