It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Jim Carrey been blacklisted?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've been wondering this for quite a while.
He's one of my favorites actors, one day surfing the web iI ran into a video of a speech he gave at the university he gradutated from, I also found out he had written a book, a kid's book but with a deep message. It's called How roland rolls.
Here's a brief description of it, to get an idea of his philosophy and the ideas he's trying to spread.

How Roland Rolls is a story about a wave named Roland who’s afraid that, one day, when he hits the beach, his life will be over. But when he gets deep, he’s struck by the notion that he’s not just a wave — he’s the whole big, wide ocean!

Here's the vid from his speech, at Maharishi University. I know it's been posted before, but for anyone who missed it, it's worth a watch. (It starts around 1:40)

These are the highlight, you can check the full speech if you have the itmes, it's 26min long. here the link. Full speech

Now, being a fan and all, i started to notice he hasn't made many movies these last years, maybe a movie every year, and they are not big hollywood productions, what's more, he usually gets a secondary role. It's weird, though, I konw he an actor most people love, and he has shown his skills beyond comedy. So i wonder if he has been blacklisted due to his idea, and the things he has done lately.

So, what do you think guys, do you have any other info on this? Are there any other actors you think had seen their carreers affected due to their beliefs? Could the TPTB be behind this? or is just mere coincidence?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
yes...from the Ashramm.....and then the consulates mansion
is that right...?
edit on 26-5-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Maybe he just realized he has more money than he can ever spend and turned to spiritual pursuits.
Screw Hollywood.

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ben stiller, Adam sandler, carrot top, and yes your idol are not funny. No one goes to their movies any longer. Money dictates yor "conspiracy".

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: payta

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOO!

I have been black listed!

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I think that just maybe he pissed off a big portion of the US with his anti gun rhetoric.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

I'm just trowing it out there. Maybe his career is just over, or he's not interested in acting so much anymore.
But decided to make a thread to see what you all guys thought of it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

There is no "blacklist"...

If the production companies think an actor can make them money, they will be making movies.

It's all about the money.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The anti NRA Charlton Heston bitbpretty much sealed his fate.

He got the same treatment as that douche pierce Morgan, or whatever that british twits name was.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Maybe he's planning a comeback with Paulie shore? Lol

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
dumb and dumber 2 just came out and was huge.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I can't take anyone seriously who practices a form of meditation (TM is a big part of the program at Maharishi U, obviously) they say can "change the world" if enough people do it...

...yet they won't teach it you if you don't pay them.

"Enlightenment can be yours for the low low price of just $995!"

F# you, Jim.

edit on 5/27/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

He got the same treatment as that douche pierce Morgan, or whatever that british twits name was.

Absolutely true. After that BS I decided that I was "blacklisting" this guy!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
He has two projects in production currently. I would say that answers your question.

As to why he is no longer in a movie every single time one turns around? Not many folks in the twenty million club have elongated careers these days. Once they have a flop or two their demands no longer make sense and Hollywood moves on.

edit on 5/27/15 by Hefficide because: Typo - cuz I type fast and don't pay attention to most of what I say anyway

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I honestly hope they get "buddy holied" on that flight.

Police shore was never funny, OK encino man and bio dome, but that is honestly it, all the rest was garbage.

Besides, Brendon Frazier(was that his name from the mummy movies?) Carried police shore the entire time.

ETA- wtf did my pis auto correct turn police into "police"?

I will leave it, but damn Google, I'm not retarded all the time, you miscorrect me much more than actually correct me.

It is like you have an agenda here, actually I'm starting to believe you intentionally make me talk like a idiot just for jollies.

Always turning of to if, at to of...not to mention the thousands of "off spring coming out as ofspung, or mass media as masedia....honestly, does your android software understand English at all?

You really can't do better?

Maybe just leave it alone then if you can't do it right!"
edit on 27-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I can't take anyone seriously who practices a form of meditation (TM is a big part of the program at Maharishi U, obviously) they say can "change the world" if enough people do it...

...yet they won't teach it you if you don't pay them.

"Enlightenment can be yours for the low low price of just $995!"

F# you, Jim.

I believe that is called "Scientology"...oh wait, there is another pay to plat religion?

Really????

And people believe this garbage???!!!!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Something is happening to may great actors/actresses nowdays, ppl that were funny and greatly talented all the suddenly makes movies that have zero funny with zero intelligence, i think ppl like dave chappelle tells the story quite well whats going on in hollywoot amongst other great entertainers as well, its the same shyt happening in the music industry, lose the real messages and add more ritualistic non sense so that millions will chant that shyt all over the world without understanding the meaning of it. Music and Movie industry are highjacked by some devil worshipers, perhaps they owned all that shyt for ages already but now they are pushing the agendas all over it, killing artists off left and right whom does not go with the plans. I kno its nuts consp theorist gone mad again but just study it bit and there is more leads and ppl are talking..

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Absolutely true. After that BS I decided that I was "blacklisting" this guy!

I haven't and won't watch another one of his shows ever!!!

How hard is it to attack a dead man that can't defend himself?

Notice he did this after Heston died, not before......

Charlton Heston had class, he would have owned carrey badly if this were done while he still lived.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I honestly hope they get "buddy holied" on that flight.

Police shore was never funny, OK encino man and bio dome, but that is honestly it, all the rest was garbage.

Besides, Brendon Frazier(was that his name from the mummy movies?) Carried police shore the entire time.

Now there's a bad film thought for you. Jim Carrey, Brendan Frasier and Pauly shore. In a remake of the three Bandido's.

Edit; But I will give Brandon Frasier his dues. He was great in Blast from the past.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm sure Carrey gets scripts thrown his way constantly. Maybe he's burnt, he's being in the limelight for a long time. He's one that people either hate or love. I think he's great myself. He does suffer from depression so maybe that has something to do with his hiatus. He appeared on Letterman's last show with a scraggly beard and looking a little rough though.

His portrayal of Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon was one of, if not the best, impersonations in cinematic history. IMO Almost to the point of being creepy. He's an extremely talented actor even though some of his films have been a hit or miss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join