It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman claims she has been abducted by aliens for an hour and gets a recurring bump on her head

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A worthless cliche-ridden piece. Is there any evidence that it wasn't made up by the anonymous author as a bit of filler?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: torsion

That's what i was saying since i came in this thread. Unfortunately, even science isnt reliable. When you cant prove how somethings forming itself you cant have legitimate evidence to count as proof. You just cant. All you can do is just talk with no apparent direction in mind, always ending up with empty inconclusiveness, continuing the endless dispute.
edit on 29-5-2015 by thighs because: i make mistakes

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think it's telling that the most effective treatment for Morgellon's is anti-depressants.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I guess it could be extraterrestrial but since thats unknown we cant assume anything. It's unfortunate we dont have evidence that concludes alien existance. We cant do nothing but speculate until its proven.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think it's telling that the most effective treatment for Morgellon's is anti-depressants.

Quite telling indeed. Anti-psychotics have proven rather effective as well, based on what I've read.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Um, thats not funny. Incase you're trying to be funny. The doctors are useless and think simple anti-depressants will make any pain/sickness stop. Thats not going to happen. Relentless research is the only clear solution to success in the inprovement of stopping strange deformities such as this one. First step is to find how its formed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thighs

Yeah, like i said the fibers thing is probably unknown and not necessarily made by aliens. The body/dna structure goes through constant changes over a long time period. According to scientists we were monkeys once and then the dna shift started to happen. We can't rely on fibers.

I personally don't believe we were ever monkeys....if so, why would there still be monkeys? I've always found that to be mildly insulting, actually. However, I do think our bodies are evolving and perhaps things like this could be part of that...but that doesn't exactly ring completely true with me either. I've thought about this a lot...I know someone who has Morgellons and it absolutely horrifies me.

I think it's very likely some kind of contamination, and could possibly be a mutation of our own genetic material mixed with some industrial-type contaminant that renders it impossible to identify, because it is a mixture of things. Hope that makes sense...I'm typing in a hurry because I have stuff to do, my apologies. If it's anything related to alien organisms, it is also probably part of that mixture...but yeah, actual UFO abduction to plant fibers into people's skin follicles seems silly to me, you know? What would be the purpose?

On a personal note, I found it to be exceedingly creepy that I saw this thread yesterday right after waking up from a terrifying dream...about Morgellons. Even more creepy (and quite frankly, worrisome), I woke up with an unexplained welt on the back of my thigh, faintly itchy and very swollen...almost like a really large mosquito bite-type lesion. I am trying to ignore it, but it's still there. And that's enough of that, gotta go before I start freaking myself out.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anti-depressants are only good for low levels of pain. You need something stronger for the extreme. You need some mdma or heroin to fix that.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

OMG write a book and stop typing. Nobody cares about anything you're saying.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
it says IM TYPING IN A HURRY BECAUSE I HAVE STUFF TO DO! Um, no.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
I personally don't believe we were ever monkeys....if so, why would there still be monkeys? I've always found that to be mildly insulting, actually.

I don't see why you'd be insulted. Do you think you're really that much better than a monkey? Take a look at the news. Except for our thin sheen of civilization, how are we all that different than monkeys? Instead of throwing our poop at each other, we invented guns. So we're like 2 percent more clever.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Maybe the monkeys are here incase we die and the next dna stage is activated to start the next generation and continue the cycle.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Um, what news???

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Quite telling indeed. Anti-psychotics have proven rather effective as well, based on what I've read.

Willing to bet anyone with an open lesion will find fibers. Add a bit of imagination and over analysis and you have Morgellons.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Not sure what you guys are trying to insinuate, but I'd be willing to bet that if you were to suddenly wake up and find sores all over your skin, I'm sure you wouldn't be nearly so snide and dismissive. And if those sores started to spread, and itch so badly that you couldn't even sleep without sedation, that might kind of ruin your day too. And then if you suddenly started experiencing the sensation of something crawling or squirming under your skin, inside those sores, you might really start to think something might be very, very wrong. Add in that the sores break open and you can visibly see blue, black, red, and even green filament-type fibers protruding from the lesions. Then add in that no one knows what in the hell these things are, and there is no stopping it, no cure, no nothing. Nothing will make it go away.

People who suffer from this have to take medications to overcome the debilitating psychological effects of having an incurable illness that literally keeps them from being able to sleep at night or have one waking moment of relief from the horrible crawling sensations and unmitigated itching...scratching themselves bloody in their sleep, when they are finally sedated enough to sleep. Eventually, the sores spread to the point where they can't even stand to have clothing on, because any stimulation of the nerves makes the itching, burning and "crawling" worse. They can't stand to be touched. To sit down or lie down. They want to die, because nothing will make it stop. They cannot enjoy anything in their life, because this disease robs them of everything but fear, pain, isolation and yes, eventually they will develop severe clinical depression and even psychosis.

It's not make-believe. It is real. It is horrifying. Like "restless legs" syndrome, or any other form of peripheral neuropathy that affects a person's ability to live a normal life, but there is no cure for because there is no known cause...it is unrelenting. Those people have to take meds too...and people aren't making fun of that...but they used to, before it was recognized as an actual disease process. And it can happen to anyone. Even you. You probably think you're being witty and cute, trivializing the psychological impact of this disease, but you're not. These people suffer, day in and day out. Every single waking moment of every single day.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Yes, i understand. The patient/doctors found and named a condition/deformity. I UNDERSTAND! But how did they get there??? PLEASE ANSWER?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't see why you'd be insulted. Do you think you're really that much better than a monkey? Take a look at the news. Except for our thin sheen of civilization, how are we all that different than monkeys? Instead of throwing our poop at each other, we invented guns. So we're like 2 percent more clever.

It doesn't matter why I'd be insulted. It's not your concern, and it is not the topic we're discussing. It was a peripheral mention, nothing more. If there is a thread that interests me concerning monkeys, poop and guns, then I'll expound on it there. This is not a soapbox for the anti-gun movement, so keep that silliness to yourself.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It'll be a while before we find anything. All we can do is wait and keep the study going.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

See the Mayoclinic link.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I have no doubt that people with "Morgellon's" suffer, and I wasn't making fun of it. But it's a fact, that the most effective treatments for it thus far, have been anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. Think real hard about why that might be the case...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join