It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Protesters Now Protesting Over Not Getting Paid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

To be honest, it is difficult to tell what is true right now. But the greed and the $5,000 MORE thing is false. That much I know for sure. In any movement (I have been involved in many), there is some kind of corruption from outside groups and people trying to capitalize on the issues and protests. However, around here, it is a normal habit to call anyone with "bad behavior" an outside agitator. I know people who do live here who have been accused of that. Just keep that in mind, please. People are justifiably angry, this area is very messed up and racism and policd brutality are rampant. I wish people would focus on that instead. These protests and the release of anger has been a long, long time coming.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Also, MORE is a very tiny grassroots organization. They probably have $50 in the bank. They would never promise to pay someone like that, for ethical and financial reasons. No way.

I am contacting some people in the know to find out the truth. I will update here when I find out. In my experience, firsthand accounts are generally more accurate than the @#%( media.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Moana because: adding that i will update folks.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wednesday, January 14, 2015

George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action
Liberal billionaire gave at least $33 million in one year to groups that emboldened activists

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Clergy representatives from the Samuel Dewitt Proctor Conference, where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright serves as a trustee, also showed up. Mr. Wright was Mr. Obama’s pastor in Chicago before some of his racially charged sermons, including the phrase “God damn America,” forced Mr. Obama to distance himself. SDPC received $250,000 from Mr. Soros in 2011.

yet,

Baltimore Bloodshed Continues; 29 Shot, 9 Dead Over Holiday Weekend

and

12 Killed, 43 Wounded In Memorial Day Weekend Shootings in Chicago
May 26, 2015 6:16 AM

chicago.cbslocal.com...
edit on 063131p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Obviously the Washington Times isn't to be trusted considering they're one of the sources the OP used. Four pages and still no proof. proof that should be easily attainable considering they claim it's all over Twitter and there's sit ins and video.. but where is it?

Nice of you to link to the violence that happened in Baltimore over the weekend though... it had nothing to do with the protests or was it black people you were trying to dog whistle there?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Obviously the Washington Times isn't to be trusted considering they're one of the sources the OP used. Four pages and still no proof. proof that should be easily attainable considering they claim it's all over Twitter and there's sit ins and video.. but where is it?

Nice of you to link to the violence that happened in Baltimore over the weekend though... it had nothing to do with the protests or was it black people you were trying to dog whistle there?

Try reading the thread was already posted including want ads.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moana

To be honest, it is difficult to tell what is true right now. But the greed and the $5,000 MORE thing is false. That much I know for sure. In any movement (I have been involved in many), there is some kind of corruption from outside groups and people trying to capitalize on the issues and protests. However, around here, it is a normal habit to call anyone with "bad behavior" an outside agitator. I know people who do live here who have been accused of that. Just keep that in mind, please. People are justifiably angry, this area is very messed up and racism and policd brutality are rampant. I wish people would focus on that instead. These protests and the release of anger has been a long, long time coming.

Part of the reason the message was lost and it became about the protests is it was made to be. The national media outside groups all pushing an agenda. They need people to believe racism is rampant in government from police to politicians. You can't force a change on government unless you convince people the government is evil.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I did, and dug quite a bit myself... no proof.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I did, and dug quite a bit myself... no proof.

So you missed the video of them asking for compensation. And you missed the payout records and the want ads on 5 he Internet? I know not enough for you right? Hate to believe this wasn't grads roots but an organized attempt to change public perception.When people are bussed in to protest national organizers go their to organize the protests it stops being a grass roots campaign and becomes a political agenda.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The payout records that anyone could have printed out (perhaps to corroborate the claim)? The video that could have been of anything?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I think this is a complete fabrication.

It is the truth.

Protesters even tweeted their protests for not getting paid.

Here is a sample of some of the tweets made by protesters who were not paid.

Link

In particular there is this woman, one of the protesters, who posted on tweeter a photo asking "OrganizeMO" "Really, OrganizeMO- How hard is it to cut the checks?".

www.weaselzippers.us...

OrganizeMo is the tweeter account of MORE.

Scroll down to May 14th 2015 to find the evidence on her own tweeter page. You can also find her, and other protesters talking about various meetings for protests etc.

twitter.com...

The intellihub website also has a video of some protesters yelling and accusing the founder of MORE, Jeff Ordower, of not paying them as they were promised.

www.intellihub.com...

As you can see this is true.

edit on 26-5-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and fix link.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I guess the looting wasn't enough now they want to be PAID for it .

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Some of the protesters even called out those who protested for not getting paid. In the following link one of such protesters claims that because so many protester protested for not being paid $2,700 or so, that MORE stopped all Ferguson action this summer". That's according to him.

www.weaselzippers.us...
edit on 26-5-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's not the truth. Confronting an organization profiting off a movement with funds that were supposed to be used for travel, food and posting bail is not the same thing as being paid to protest and then protesting not getting paid. Read more carefully.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah, read carefully. I posted how one of the protesters told the others that demanding to be paid $2,700 ended their chances for doing anything substantial as protests go.

www.weaselzippers.us...

Getting paid $2,700 covers more than food and lodging.

The first wave of the protests began August 9, 2014 and ended on August 25, 2014. 2 weeks and 2 days of protests.

The second wave began on November 24, 2014 and ended on December 2, 2014. 1 week and 1 day of protests.

Those that were paid the $2,700 was for a period of 3 weeks and 3 days. That's the pay someone can get for a month in a job. A lot of people get paid a lot less for working one month.

If you are protesting an injustice, you don't demand getting paid for it... That's not a real protest. It is getting paid to incite riots/protests.

edit on 26-5-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Read more carefully... She's from the organization saying that they only had 2700, while people calling them out were saying they had a lot more and weren't using it for what it was supposed to be used for.

Which if you actually read the whole thing carefully involved about 10 people total between the two sides.

No one was getting paid to protest.
edit on 5/26/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You are right about the sum. It does seem that it was for a group larger than 6.

www.weaselzippers.us...

Still, demanding to be refunded for travel, food and lodging for protesting an injustice?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

If they are demanding those things then one must question whether they truly believe an injustice occurred. If it did then there would be no reason to pay people to go to these things.

To me the real injustice is how the black community gets strung along by some of these groups, followed up by Sharpton setting back race relations just so he can continue to defraud the black community that he supposedly champions.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So you can call out the group that is assumed to have strung along the black community but the black community directly involved can't? Nowhere in the video or any of the tweets was anyone demanding to get paid. They were demanding that an organization not keep the money raised for travel, food and bail.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

So you can call out the group that is assumed to have strung along the black community but the black community directly involved can't? Nowhere in the video or any of the tweets was anyone demanding to get paid. They were demanding that an organization not keep the money raised for travel, food and bail.

Strange you don't think it's wrong to solicit money to protest. You can call it whatever you like. The fact that they expect money for food travel or bail is in itself crazy. If I am supporting a cause I can pay for the gas to go there and wouldn't expect anyone to reimburse me for a cause. What your saying doesn't make sense at all. If a charity raised money like you claim wouldn't it be better to maybe donate to victims family or hire a lawyer Or even send people out to sign petitions. But give people money for protesting and it's nothing. OK folks move along nothino to see here people always get reimbursed for standing on streets wirh signs and paid thousands. Do you not see your being played by community organizers?? That's what they do and that is who was in the video. What's his job exactly well obviously organize the protests. But then comes the question for what purpose and who's footing the bill?? But by all means please explain why people showed up and paying out money to anyone.
edit on 5/27/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
this is priceless irony at its finest! if youre dumb enough to belive anyone will pay you anything to protest then you deserve to be stiffed!

that MORE orginization sounds like a scam also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join