It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Protesters Now Protesting Over Not Getting Paid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
How is this different from evangelical organisations such as FRC and NOM offering stipends for food and lodging to their protesters? Many non-profit groups, including churches, give financial compensation to people that attend their rallies. The story here is that the organisation in question is not living up to the promises it made, not that it made them. Paying for protesters is a practice that has been happening for decades, and is really not shocking to anyone that has worked in any aspect of the non-profit sector no matter their political slant.

Probably because those protests didn't end with violence, looting, burning buildings, etc. It is a protest until it becomes a riot.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
How is this different from evangelical organisations such as FRC and NOM offering stipends for food and lodging to their protesters? Many non-profit groups, including churches, give financial compensation to people that attend their rallies. The story here is that the organisation in question is not living up to the promises it made, not that it made them. Paying for protesters is a practice that has been happening for decades, and is really not shocking to anyone that has worked in any aspect of the non-profit sector no matter their political slant.
You are right. When I was in student government in college we got free travel, hotel and a daily cash stipend to go to Albany and lobby. We did, indeed lobby, for a few hours each day, but it was mainly one big party with a keg on the bus. Is that much different?
edit on 26-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Is that much different?

Yes, it is significantly different.

Absolutely fascinating that the question could even be asked.. Would you say that, overall, you support the protests?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No one has yet to answer how they could possibly prove that these people, if true, where the ones that looted and rioted.

There was plenty of peaceful protests, I know you all don't want to admit that.

You just want to act like it was nothing but rioting.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

originally posted by: reldra
Is that much different?

Yes, it is significantly different.

Absolutely fascinating that the question could even be asked.. Would you say that, overall, you support the protests?

I must admit I'm a little confused people think it's ok to pay people to attend or even pay to get them there. In a local issue if your bussing people in from outside the community to make it seem like something it's not rhats wronG. But now I have to wonder I remember thinking how could these people destroy their own communities well now I have to ask could it have been others from outside??

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This sounds about right. There are not enough people today that will drop everything and protest. There are those that wanted it to be a huge story so they made it a huge story by promising people pay for BS work. Easy money ALWAYS has takers.....and it's funny that they are now upset because they aren't getting paid....I thought people these days MIGHT be able to see through a scam, but I guess that requires some common sense. Just goes to show how easily people can be swayed to do something and how they can easily get others to follow.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just when you think that you have seen it all with these mindless rejects of society, they top their stupid selves once again.

How about a big round of applause for all of those ignoramuses! ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Several years ago I was at a technology summit at a local convention center. Nancy Pelosi was in the same building giving a speech. I had a chance to look in where she was giving the speech and there may have been 40 people there. When we finished the summit, we had to wait for about 30 minutes before we could leave and we couldn't go out the same way that we had come in. I didn't think about it until I saw the local evening news. We were filmed coming out of the convention center and then they cut to interviewing Pelosi. It looked like there were hundreds of people coming out from hearing her speech instead of the 40 that were in there.
edit on 26-5-2015 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

No. What I support is denying ignorance. By your source it seems as though you support embracing it. Where's the proof?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So protests/riots turn into big money?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
When this falls headfirst into the hoax bin I hope all the people who jumped on the thread bandwagon will offer their apologies and/or pay people to offer it for them.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Somebody could also pay someone to move it into the hoax bin, and we would never know.

~$heopleNation

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think if the claim of this "protest" had any merit at all, people would be bombing Twitter & FB with photos/video/livestreams of cops showing up to canvas/question the crowd to see if they can scrounge up any looter scragglers they haven't caught yet. If I was LEO, this is plain as day fish-in-a-barrel logic. Anyone dumb enough to loot is likely equally dumb enough to show up & try to get more free ish "protesting" all over again.

I'll wait for less sketchy sources to pony anything up before I believe this, though.
edit on 5/26/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

It should be in LoL.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Someone said bad things about blacks/liberals/progressives/protesters... it must be true."

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SheopleNation

It should be in LoL.

Well we have video and documents showing they were being reimbursed or paid to be there. Sadly this has become the modern protests. Used to be people would get into the streets get beat up by the police end up in jail and be back out doing it again. In the 60s it was about ideas today it's about money how times have changed.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No you don't.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If I remember correctly, from day one local residents were claiming it was outsiders. Very difficult to actually verify that though, obviously.

I can only imagine what would happen if the "common individual" put this much effort into voting with their wallet in the same vein as people like Soros, Koch, etc. Whether or not this specific incident was bankrolled is largely irrelevant in my mind, but it certainly wouldn't be out of character.

Personally, I see all of these as steps towards an end game. One that wouldn't require much bankrolling, if any, but putting the story out there definitely assists in obfuscation and the march towards a very different world.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I live there and am very familiar with MORE. I can tell you that this story is beyond convoluted and mainly false. Don't believe everything you hear about us, please.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moana
I live there and am very familiar with MORE. I can tell you that this story is beyond convoluted and mainly false. Don't believe everything you hear about us, please.

Of course there were some who were there for a protest but they didn't realize someone was pulling their strings.There had been a lot of claims of outside agitators sparking violence. So I Know YOU Probably believe this was just a citizen protest evidence says otherwise. Groups were promoting an agenda at the cost of local citizens.

www.theguardian.com...

www.wgrz.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join