It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Protesters Now Protesting Over Not Getting Paid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ferguson Protesters Now Protesting Over Not Getting Paid

At least some of the protesters who looted, rioted, burned buildings and overturned police cars in Ferguson, Missouri, last year were promised payment of up to $5,000 per month to join the protests.

However, when the Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE), the successor group to the now-bankrupt St. Louis branch of ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), stiffed the protesters, they launched a sit-in protest at the headquarters of MORE and created a Twitter page to demand their money, the Washington Times reports.

Presidential candidate and former Rep. Allen B. West, R-Fl., noted on his website, "Instead of being thankful for getting off the unemployment line for a few weeks and having a little fun protesting, the paid rioters who tore up Ferguson, MO, are protesting again.

"First of all, can you even imagine getting paid $5,000.00 a month for running around holding a sign and burning down an occasional building? That's around $1,250.00 per week. Try making that at McDonalds or Starbucks."

Click link for remainder of article.

So it looks like instead of being outraged over what occurred, people were paid to feign outrage in order to increase tensions (imo). I am curious how many other protests were shams as well in order to push a false agenda in some of the other incidents, like Boston and in places like Ohio.

$5,000 to cause hate, discontent and to destroy property.

Other Sources:
Washington Times - Hired Black Lives Matter protesters start #CutTheCheck after being stiffed by ACORN successor group
edit on 25-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think most people here on ATS already knew most of the protesters were paid shills (except those here still in serious denial). It's good to see that groups like MORE are showing their true colors. MORE should be sued for unleashing these looting thugs on Ferguson.
edit on 2015/5/25 by Metallicus because: fix

+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ohhh ... the irony.

Hopefully, somebody's making a list of names to hand over to the next administration's DOJ & IRS.

+11 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am in favor of criminal prosecution for inciting riots and violations under RICO statutes.

ACORN - we all remember that group right and who supports it.
edit on 25-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Soros was behind this, aren't they protesting Soros for not paying them? And its not good if you want to keep a secret to not pay the ones who you set up to manipulate world events.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

At least some of the protesters who looted, rioted, burned buildings and overturned police cars in Ferguson, Missouri, last year were promised payment of up to $5,000 per month to join the protests.

How do they know the ones who were paid did any of that?

Have they come out and admitted it?

Have they been charged with anything & exposed since?

Or is this connection being made with inflammatory nonsense like "paid to hold a sign and occasionally burn a building"!!!

Blowing A Raspberry!
edit on 25-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think this is a complete fabrication.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Soros was behind this, aren't they protesting Soros for not paying them? And its not good if you want to keep a secret to not pay the ones who you set up to manipulate world events.

That's the only thing that makes me slightly skeptical, are they really that stupid?

Then again, if things are really as bad as some here on ATS claim, perhaps they really just have to set priorities and paying these people is no longer one of them, in which case, it doesn't sound too good?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ya this was my thought process too.

As much as people liked to paint the picture that there was nothing but rioting and looting, that was far from the case.

If anyone disagrees there is a couple mega threads of the live coverage and plenty of ATS was involved.

And I think plenty of us knew there was plenty of provocateurs, that provoked the unrest...
Wonder who paid them...
edit on thMon, 25 May 2015 20:36:04 -0500America/Chicago520150480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I figured that was all bs.

Now it's confirmed. Green matters more than black.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Consider your source:

www.sourcewatch.org...

Nothing is substantiated.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Hey it is on the internet so it must be true!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Rational wiki normally catches a lot of heat. But they go just as hard on the right is they do want to left.

Newsmax

zero hedge

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Green money matters!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I can't believe all of these white people would do this.

Whoops, I mean Japanese people.

Oh, I meant Mexicans.

No?

Wait... what?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

HOAX!

No pics of this sit in, nothing about this or the other related thread in local St Louis media. Where is the video or pics of this protest?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalfLeaf

originally posted by: Unity_99

That's the only thing that makes me slightly skeptical, are they really that stupid?

Then again, if things are really as bad as some here on ATS claim, perhaps they really just have to set priorities and paying these people is no longer one of them, in which case, it doesn't sound too good?

Yes.... yes they really are.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

I think it would be an efficient move actually. Most will just call it BS regardless, so why not save some money?

That isn't to say anything about actual legitimacy of the topic at hand, but if it was 'bankrolled,' they could certainly save some money by just squelching coverage.

There are also plenty of reasons to fabricate such a story..

And that's the whole point; obfuscate reality to the point individuals will fall back into confirmation bias.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yeah well I am starting a protest to protest protest!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Anyone calling phooey on this....Look up Jeffery ordower and "the list" of people that got paid..

Oooooo Jeffery I hope that little pile of money got you far away from the hornets nest you kicked, it would just be too ironic if one of the scum that you were supposed to pay to act like scum did something to a scum like you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join